Nintendo Confirms Live Stream of E3 2011 Show

Posted by James Newton

Start bookmarking now

Yesterday we brought you Nintendo's E3 2011 conference details, but the real question on everyone's lips — other than "why are British and American Smarties so different? — was "will Nintendo be streaming the event live?"

Well the good news is that you'll be able to get that new console smell beamed right to your computer, as Nintendo's E3 hub has confirmed with this message:

June 7
See Nintendo's E3 Media Presentation Starting @ 9am PDT
Watch it live RIGHT HERE

As well as Nintendo's E3 site you'll also be able to get live updates of announcements, screenshots, videos and more right here at Nintendo Life.

[via e3.nintendo.com]

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

i hope they dont let project cafe steal the entire show. i want some news for my 3DS damnit

antdickensAdmin

antdickens said:

@6ch6ris6, I imagine the first half of the show will be 3DS, before the reveal of the new console at the end, you should be safe!

RedBlueSpot

RedBlueSpot said:

Wii2 or rather Wiiii should be the new name. And then WiiiV follows right before WiiV. The last console should be called WiiVi.

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

I hope they include something in the May update to live stream the show to the 3DS. Only the May update will arrive after E3...

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

This live stream from their site didnt work for me last time. Maybe because I used Firefox. It's a shame I'm going to be in class just as this event will be taking place, so I don't get to watch it live. I'll be placing my bets, though.

...comeooooooonnnnn Earthbound Collection 3DS! *rolls dice

Aviator

Aviator said:

Although it's bookmarks, I'm in an exams week during e3.

Hopefully my timetable allows me to stay up.

NintendoLee

NintendoLee said:

It worked fine for me in firefox last year.
Can't wait, I'm also hoping we get some Wii surprises as really there's not much coming out this year for it.

still hopes for f-zero/waverace and a european release of chibi robo new play control

LoopyLuigi

LoopyLuigi said:

Canadian Smarties must be like American Smarties, cuz the shell is kinda not very crunchy, but M&Ms are much better IMO..... wait, sorry FOCUS.
OK yeah E3 awesome, I shall be watching live again this year. I'm hoping that the Wii isn't dead yet though, I think it's still got some life left in it and new hardware is a year early. And we need some AAA titles for 3DS cuz so far the software is mediocre.

Rob_mc_1

Rob_mc_1 said:

@6ch6ris6
Why would they want to show you 3DS news? They already got you to buy one and now you will end out buying games anyway to justify the purchase. Now they want to sell you their new home console.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Yay, I'm out of school. Hopefully my new internet connection and Chrome will let me watch it better than last year :P

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

I can't believe this. American Smarties are crunchy! I will hear no more of this blasphemous talk!

...ahem...so E3, then. Should be fun.

MERG

MERG said:

I have to agree with Kid_A. I ate them as a kid...my kids eat them...they are crunchy.

I am very excited for E3 but I would be able to focus on my excitement a little more if the dang eshop would open already!!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

Smarties can be crunchy, but then they just get mushy and bleh D:
/me hides from corbs after that last bit, haha

Machu

Machu said:

Bookmarked! Thank you!

Now begins the attemped media blackout till then. I'm too old for all this excitement. D:

Malkeor

Malkeor said:

And I will be watching this....curse if I have to work...cough Oh....I think i'm coming down with something.

Caleb89sw

Caleb89sw said:

I'd be tempted to watch it through this, just so I wouldn't be giving G4 more ratings.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

so how does this live stream work? will some sort of video pop up on this page and i just click play or something? sorry i ask im a bit of a noob when it comes to this :P

irken004

irken004 said:

The streaming worked well last year, I'll watch it again through the Nintendo stream this year too.

James

James said:

@BlackFira Precisely! Simply have the e3.nintendo.com page open and, when the time comes, the video will start automatically :)

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

It better not lag and stall...At times like this I wish my computer didn't suck so ridiculously hard. :p Curse my crummy graphics card.

andyutd97

andyutd97 said:

Will time stop moving so QUICKLY. Im still getting my head around the fact were now in 2011. Jeez this has crept up quick

MERG

MERG said:

I feel like time us at a standstill...eshop and E3, while just over the horizon seem so so far away...

ADaviii

ADaviii said:

With this news, looks like I am not forced to watch! Thank goodness. I'll be on e3.nintendo.com like last year and I will be coming here for any missed details and summaries.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Between waiting for the 3DS update and E3, I don't know which is driving me nuts more. My 3DS keeps sitting there... blue light flashing from sleep mode like a slowly beating heart... taunting me... :(

As for E3, this new system automatically intrigues me, but what I need to know is what will be the big N's strategy for "reaching out" to the west, or western developer, or 3rd parties in general etc. I'm ready to see if they will put out a system capable of optimal game developmental diversity for devs, while maintaining high quality and a diverse quantity of games to choose from. It's Nintendo's "console future" that really has me amped and I CANNOT WAIT...

... as the 3DS sleeps at me... >_>

almostnacho

almostnacho said:

Nintendo's E3 website has been in my Safari Top Sites for about a whole year now. (The 3DS was some news back then. I wonder what Project Cafe is going to be like... )

RYBlast

RYBlast said:

I'm excited for a new Skyward Sword trailer and Super Mario 3DS more than anything else. My wallet just isn't ready for Cafe.
Time passes so quickly! I remember jumping off my chair with the announcement of Kid Icarus Uprising like it happened a month ago.

pinta_vodki

pinta_vodki said:

Haha, the smarties! Even though I rarely post anything, I LOVE the community here! :-D

And I also wonder if it will be flash again. Last time my computer didn't handle the stream quite well... On the other hand, I've got an iPad, but I guess only Apple does streaming in html5.

Henmii

Henmii said:

"but the real question on everyone's lips — other than "why are British and American Smarties so different?"

Lol!

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@Rob_mc_1 Believe it or not, but I actually know people who have sold back their 3DS systems because of the lack of games. I also just left a Best Buy - where I just purchased a awesome Nikon digital camera - and there was not one 3DS taken off the self, and not to mention only 10 systems on display compared to well over 100 DS Lite, DSi and XL models on display. It doesn't appear that the 3DS is selling too well in my area, and I'd expect loads of 3DS info at E3 to change that!

Nintendaholic

Nintendaholic said:

i just asked my mom if i could skip school this day and she asked if i was serious. but i will prevail.