Merry Christmas from Nintendo Life

Posted by Adam Russell

A festive treat for our loyal readers, in which a young boy gets a Wii from Santa

Picture the scene: it’s Christmas morning and you’ve sat through the socks and questionable knitwear from your granny and mastered the “oh thanks, that’s great” response. It’s been worth it though, because next up is the family gift…

It takes a couple of seconds for the enormity of the gift to sink in, but when it does the reaction is nothing short of epic. Let’s hope he doesn’t get a DSi this year!

Wishing a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all our readers from everyone at Nintendo Life.

[via youtube.com]

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

That kid is frightening. And very painful to the ears.:|

Oh, well. Merry Christmas, one and all!:D

Cipher

Cipher said:

Yes. It's a "family" gift. Because the "family" will be using it.

This is funny. :P

Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow said:

I yelled like that when I got my wii, of course hearing "and the first winner of a Nintendo Wii is:" before your name can rise the excitement about it :P.

Cool video LOL, Thanks NL, and Merry Christmas to you all!

DarkLink

DarkLink said:

My constant thought when writing this was: "What if Link did this every time he got a new item?"

Merry Christmas everyone!

PHANTOM93

PHANTOM93 said:

LOL!! this video is the very definition of awesomeness!!!!

You guys just made my day.... (or you would have if I hadn't gotten L4D2, Modern Warfare 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Spirit Tracks, AND Bowsers Inside Story for Christmas..... but I have to admit, this video comes pretty close :-P)

Merry Christmas Guys!

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Only matched by the N64 Kids, and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Terra

Terra said:

Heh, I saw the beginning of the video on Russell Howard's Good News. Funny stuff

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

Normally, I would say this is overreacting, but the family is probably poor, so all that was worth it. Merry Christmas to all.

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

That picture sold the story.

Merry Christmas guys!
I'm glad I found N-Life when I began to get into DSiWare: the best forums, great people and the funniest staff around!

(I can't wait for my shot at another job opening here!)

Before I lose myself, happy holidays folks.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

@Smash: What makes you think the family is poor? Is it the video camera they're filming with, the TV and movies in the background, the computer and Internet connection they used to upload the video?

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

No, it's the family gift. They do one gift for the entire family in addition to whatever else they give. If you have three kids in the house like they do, it's not fair to give a Wii to just one of them.

sonic_brawler95

sonic_brawler95 said:

Merry Christmas everybody! I would change my avatar into something Christmasy, but my computer was broken. :(
But now its fixed! :D

Merry Christmas!!!

dsijared

dsijared said:

1st day......... Wow he is gonna be so bummed when he plays the pack in title Wii Sports.
2nd day......... His grandma gets more playing time than him
3rd day ...........Starts collecting dust

Big_A2

Big_A2 said:

@38. dsijared: 4th day: He buys a copy of Super Mario Galaxy. Now, go back to 4chan, you!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Panda: hell yeah, that's what my parents used to do for us kids. we'd get other presents, but only one really big family present (like when the N64 came out).

y2josh

y2josh said:

That's hillarious that's the thing you thought of to post, "but the family is probably poor." That's just made me fall out of my chair laughing at work.

Viral

Viral said:

All I know is that I'm gonna play the hell out of Darkside Chronicles this Christmas as it's the only Wii game I got...gutted...but at least I have my birthday next Saturday. lol

WeeGee

WeeGee said:

I was waiting for them all to start scratching at it. I had about the same reaction when I got Modern Warfare 2. The camera was on so I tried to keep my cool. I didn't.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

oh my gosh, the evil look on that kids face towards the end. the very definition of possessed.

Curt

Curt said:

People will post just about anything on the internet these days.

Gamerdad

Gamerdad said:

Ummm... Wow! I hope they remembered to buy an extra Wiimote, cause I don't think he's ready to do the "Sharing is Caring" step of therapy! And ummm, I don't think it's "Steroids"... better investigate! JUST KIDDING! ENJOY IT LITTLE GAMER!!! Look forward to gaming w/you (and hopefully ur family) some day!!!

Big_A2

Big_A2 said:

@58.Gamerdad: That's disgusting, why in earth would you look forward to playing video games with little kids you've never met? You pervert.

Percentful

Percentful said:

@Luigiman2 I dunno, he looks pretty upset to me. I bet he would have been happier if he had gotten a NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOUUURRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bboy1

bboy1 said:

@ 59. Big A2: Geez calm down dude wth. He's just being friendly. You sound like one of those guys that screams RACIST if you call a black guy black. If anything, you're the pervert for interpreting it the way you did. By playing games with the kid and his family, I'm pretty sure he meant online via wifi...not at the kid's house next to him...