Though the jury’s still out on whether or not Nintendo will be updating Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with new DLC features sometime in the future, the company has still been periodically updating the game with minor tweaks and additions to improve the overall experience. Though there’s little here that’ll make a very noticeable impact on the way that you play, it’s nice to see that the company is still concerned with supporting the game and making incremental changes here and there.
Version 1.2.0 is now available for download; most notably adding in a new Pikmin amiibo suit for Mii drivers, while also making a plethora of balancing changes for online matches. Here’s the list of changes made:
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.
What do you think? Do you like these changes? Will Nintendo ever actually produce more DLC for this game? Share your thoughts in the comments below.