Nintendo Aims Big at PAX Prime With Super Smash Bros., Hyrule Warriors and More

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Special events planned around Seattle

PAX Prime, the latest major expo event planned in the US, is coming up and will run from 29th August to 1st September at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle. Nintendo of America will be in attendance as normal, and has announced its plans for the show.

To start off with the games, the following titles will all be available to play, providing a small line-up that nevertheless shows off some of the best releases on the way to Wii U and 3DS.

Wii U

3DS

Beyond the main booth, Nintendo will be using the #SmashBash hashtag to promote the fact that Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS will be taken around Seattle to multiple locations for members of the public to try — social networks will be used to announce details. In addition, those without tickets to PAX will be able to play Hyrule Warriors after the show closes on Saturday 30th August; the Wii U game will be playable at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel (515 Madison St) from 7-10pm. Those in Zelda-themed cosplay will go to the front of the queue, while those wearing Zelda gear or a Hyrule Warriors t-shirt from PAX can take a snap in front of a background and tweet a hashtag to have a chance of winning some concept artwork from the game.

Plenty going on at PAX Prime, then. Let us know if you're going along.

ZeroZX_Dev

ZeroZX_Dev said:

They really should update the demos, they keep using the E3 builds. Especially Smash, I wanna see Pac-Man and Robin in (more) action.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

No Splatoon or Mario Maker or Starfox or Project S.T.E.A.M.

(Smash Bros is the only one that qualifies as one of the best ones).

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

That's cool though it would be better if Smash stages like Kalos Pokémon League and Windy Hill Zone were playable there and at EGX London rather than just the E3 demo.

FragRed

FragRed said:

Wait, theres no Splatoon? That game looks awesome and is getting a lot of hype especially being a new IP!

Blast

Blast said:

Please be at Tokyo Game Show, Nintendo!!! Show that Japan belongs to you, now!!!

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

If there won't be a digital event, then I don't really care. I was quite let down by their approach to Gamescom, especially while other companies were announcing new games all along.

Yosher

Yosher said:

I just wanna know what they're gonna bring to FirstLook in the Netherlands, since that's where I'll be attending. By that time I'll already have Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros 3DS, and already have Pokémon Art Academy, so this line-up wouldn't quite cut it for me over there, since Smash Wii U will surely have very large waiting lines. I definitely hope Splatoon will be there at least, really want to try that one out as well! This Pax Prime line-up isn't all that bad though I'd say.

@ZeroZX_Dev The E3 demos are fine. Any time spent on making a new demo is time lost on improving the actual game.

Danny429

Danny429 said:

I wonder if they'll put the e3 demo for smash (both consoles) on the eshop after the full games release

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Yeah they should at least add in the new characters for Smash...kinda sucks Splatoon isn't in this either...

SockoMario

SockoMario said:

3DS' lineup looks really dry. How many "big" 3DS games came out/coming out this year?

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Jazzer94 I have played the 360 first one (Works better installed to the HDD). Too much button mashing in it. (And doing it gives better results than trying to play properly).
Could have been good without the button mashing.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

@SockoMario There's Smash, Pokemon ORAS, Pokemon Art Academy, Fantasy Life, and then Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney Trilogy (digital only), and Persona Q in North America.

@unrandomsam You are literally the only person I have ever heard say that Bayonetta is a button masher. Every other person I've heard has said that button mashing will get you killed and prevents higher medals, let alone Pure Platinum.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Kinda odd that Splatoon isn't there considering it was at Gamescom... Actually it's pretty odd that Yoshi's Woolly World and Bayonetta 1 aren't there either.

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

This happens one week before my vacation. I would love to drive up to Seattle for this. But I can't :(

SavoirFaire

SavoirFaire said:

@SockoMario I was thinking the same thing. 2013 was a great year for 3ds games, so it's hard to expect another so strong. I've only picked up 3 new games this year and it doesn't look like I will get abymore this year. I think I got 6 or 7 last year for 3ds.