The smash-hit 3DS owners have been waiting for?
Ever since being announced alongside its Wii U counterpart, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has been scrutinised by fans around the world to an almost excessive degree. Being the first game in the popular crossover fighting series to be released on a handheld system, there were understandably some...
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Guides
What's the ultimate Super Smash Bros.?
When Super Smash Bros. Ultimate arrived on Switch and brought with it every single fighter from the series' history, it sent us back through the older games. With the original Super Smash Bros. now over 20 years old it's incredible
Got a niggling question? We could have the answer
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is without a doubt one of the biggest releases of the year, and has already shifted almost 3 million copies worldwide. However, if you've not picked it up so far then you may be wondering what all the fuss is about. Smash may be popular with seasoned Nintendo fans,...
Big decisions, spoilers included
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is now available around the World, and millions of 3DS gamers will be booting up the game and taking their first tentative steps into the first portable entry in the series. It's always exciting to move into a new generation of Smash Bros. and try out old favourites, or to jump...
The time is now
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is finally here, the latest brawling behemoth from Masahiro Sakurai and his team. It's been critically acclaimed, awarded 9/10 in our own review, and has proven that — despite some initial fears — the franchise arrives on the portable as a full-fat, fantastic game. With midnight launches on the...
Going to EGX? Check out these top tips to ensure you have a smashing time
There's less than a week to go before the UK's biggest and best gaming expo, EGX London, kicks off, offering consumers the opportunity to go hands-on with a wide selection of upcoming games due out this holiday season or at some point next year. As you may already know,...
About The Game
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is the first portable entry in the renowned series, in which game worlds collide.
Up to four players battle each other locally or online using some of Nintendo’s most well-known and iconic characters across beautifully designed stages inspired by classic portable Nintendo games. It’s a genuine, massive Super Smash Bros. experience that’s available to play on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Smash and crash through “Smash Run” mode, a new mode exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version that gives up to four players five minutes to fight solo through a huge battlefield while taking down recognisable enemies from almost every major Nintendo franchise and multiple third-party partners. Defeated enemies leave behind power-ups to collect. Players who collect more power-ups have an advantage once time runs out and the battle with opponents begins.
- Compete with classic characters from the Super Smash Bros. series like Mario, Link, Samus and Pikachu, along with new challengers like Mega Man, Little Mac and newly announced Palutena, the Goddess of Light from the Kid Icarus games. For the first time players can even compete as their own Mii characters.
- Customise different aspects of your character when playing locally or online with friends in a variety of multiplayer modes.
- View most elements of the high-energy action at silky-smooth 60 frames per second and in eye-popping stereoscopic 3D.
- Fight against friends and family locally or online, or battle random challengers all over the world online in “For Fun” or “For Glory” modes.