Natsume Confirms A-Train: City Simulator For 3DS and Alphadia Genesis for Wii U

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Some story background for Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley also included

Natsume recently announced that Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley is coming to 3DS in 2014, and has today used its pre-E3 press release to confirm two more titles coming to Nintendo systems; both seem like candidates for the eShop, though that's not confirmed.

First up we have A-Train: City Simulator on 3DS, a long running series in Japan. It promises to blend city and transportation simulation, as you're the head of the local transportation agency — your job is to keep trains, buses and subway services running smoothly.

Next we have Alphadia Genesis, an RPG that can be found on smart device platforms and Natsume's first planned release on Wii U. Developed by Kemco, this appears to feature turn-based battles, 3D visuals and a typically epic storyline.

Finally, there's an updated description for Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley, which gives a little more context on the storyline — you can see this below.

Hiking your way through the mountains one day, you become caught in an unexpected snowstorm, and find shelter with the help of a faint voice. When you awaken, you find and help a kindly Harvest Sprite buried under the snow, who tells you all of the seasons in the valley have vanished except for winter. To return all 4 seasons to the valley, you'll need the help of the villagers, the Harvest Sprites, the Harvest Goddess, and even the King of the Underworld!

So there you have it. Which of these Natsume releases are you keen on?

Related Games

Tops

Tops said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful or kill the mood but knowing Alphadia Genesis is a smartphone game has muted my interest in it. Now I'm weary...

Mega719

Mega719 said:

More and more releases on Wii U hope this game i am now hearing of turns out great

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Alphadia Genesis seems right up my alley! My Wii U really needs more RPGs.

I wish the other title was a full-fledged city simulator, though. The focus on transportation doesn't strike me as super fun.

FragRed

FragRed said:

Though I am really excited to hear more third party support for such an awesome, but unfortunately underrated system, I think I may have to pass on this. I just can't get into turn based RPGs.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

I have Alphadia G on my iPad already, so I doubt I'll double-dip. But the Harvest Moon game does sound intriguing, even though I'll be supporting the real Harvest Moon game- Story of Seasons- before the Natsume wannabe.

Yorumi

Yorumi said:

@ricklongo you'd be surprised. Transport tycoon in the '90's was great. It's open source now so free if you want to try it, called openttd. I have no idea if this one will be any good of course but it definitely can work if it's complex enough.

I'm with the others who are a little concerned about a mobile rpg but if it's good i'll get it. I love sim games so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on A-train.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

Eh, I've seen Alphadia Genesis before and honestly looks and feels like a mobile game. I really wish Wii U would get games actually made for the system.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

Wonder if Alphadia Genesis is any good and I wonder if it will be enhanced over the original.

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

RPGs on my Wii U? YES, PLEASE. This system is perfect for it. Keep the screen nice and pretty and keep my battle options/HUD/etc on the GamePad. And Natsume makes some good (tried, yet true) RPGs. So, this will be a sure purchase for me.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

They all sound like they're something I could lose myself in. I'll keep an eye on these babies.

GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor said:

I still have the original A-Train from back when it was published by Maxis, and it was a good transportation management game. I'll bet the series has gotten even better since then, so I might be willing to give the new A-Train a try. :)

ModestFan93

ModestFan93 said:

YES YES I'm so liking all of these announcements! Just because it's a mobile gane doesn't mean it'll ya'll. Especially when Natsume is directing.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Here's the official website to A-Train!

Here's some videos on the website!

Here's an example of the music:

Looks neat but it may look too complicated for me. Oh, and it better have an Undo feature. It was so annoying in SimCity DS where, if you messed up building a road and destroyed your police station...you're screwed.

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

All of them! I really like Natsume so I'll be taking these when they come out.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I guess we will see whether Niaclis or Natsume are better at porting. (Kemco made Grinsia afaik) .

Cengoku

Cengoku said:

@Hy8ogen
I own a jap wii u and jap 3ds. the A-train game and Alphadia RPG are already available here. I tried the demo of the first one and it is ugly.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

@Yorumi A-Train has been around for ages, a long running series that hasn't had an English version for over 15 years - if I remember rightly. I'll have to give it a go.

Yorumi

Yorumi said:

@MadAdam81 yeah i figured from the article I just havn't seen it, though now thanks to Donjwolf I have. The first video convinced me I'm definitely getting it. I don't understand japanese well enough to know all the details in that video but it's definitely simcity meets transport tycoon. Now make a wiiU version and integrate us into the world through miiverse.

Windy

Windy said:

I've always wanted to try A-Train. I will keep my eye on that. It will be interesting to see if they Charge retail for the RPG they plan to move from Android to Wii-U.