Nintendo Gets Dramatic in New Kirby: Triple Deluxe TV Commercial

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Best. Commercial. Ever.

We've seen some terrific TV commercials in our time, some of them from Nintendo, but this new offering for Kirby: Triple Deluxe is right up there with the best. It's utterly ludicrous, and that's why we love it.

It has music... dramatic orchestral music with a choir. Its lyrics are as follows:

KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY
KIRBY-YYYYYYYY
HY-PER NOVA
SAYO-NARA
SUCK-AAAAAAAAAA
HE'S AN ARCH-A
A BELL-A
ULTIMATE TRANSFORM-A
UNLEASH-A
BIG MOUTH-A
IN KIRBY'S NEWEST GAME-A

This is less than 25 seconds of pure ridiculous brilliance. Watch it — it may just make your day.

Thanks to Lance168 for the heads up.

ChewyTurtle

ChewyTurtle said:

I would probably pick up this game at launch, but Nintendo has to launch this at the same time as Mario Golf World Tour. Its been a long time since I've had a Mario Golf fix! (fingers crossed it'll be better than the latest Tennis outing)

WiiULoveSquid

WiiULoveSquid said:

Not bad at all. Won't get it before Mario Golf if I like the demo enough. But I've been known to buy 2 first party games the same day :]

kuribo4

kuribo4 said:

What? Dies Irae? xD
The game doesn't convince me thouh. :/
But I'll play the hell out of it when Smash releases in June. Yeah June because I say so.

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

It's beautiful. This is the kind of stuff that made me want a game as a kid. I still remember the Kirby 64 commercial, that was awesome...

I really hope this pushes sales for the game.

Frapp

Frapp said:

@PvtOttobot
It's the Dies Irae from Verdi's Requiem. One of the most famous pieces of music and probably his most regarded choral work.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

So...Kirby represents judgement and death to everything? Seems fitting

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Well, that was interesting. It must have been a good ad to make me watch it multiple times. Pretty effective for advertising a game about a pink creature sucking up almost anything into his mouth. That does sound pretty dramatic.

3MonthBeef

3MonthBeef said:

So somewhere in the dungeons of Nintendo headquarters a marketing guru does still exist.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

This is brilliant, I only wish there was a full version seeing as they went to the trouble of recording this epicness.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Nice, retro-style commercial! I have not caught it on TV yet. I've preordered this game, so can't wait for the release!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

For such a cute character, Kirby is perhaps one of the deadliest of all...I mean he practically inhales entire landscapes!