Picross e4 Is Coming To Western 3DS eShops This April

Posted by Damien McFerran

North American and European releases confirmed

Picross e4 developer Jupiter has confirmed to Nintendo Everything that the game will be coming to the west in April.

The game launched in Japan in November last year, and is the latest in a long line of Picross e titles. Jupiter has also confirmed that the North American and European releases will occur in the same month.

Picross e, Picross e2 and Picross e3 are all available on the 3DS eShop already.

Is this a title you've had your eye on? Let us know with a comment.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Daemonite

Daemonite said:

@Nintenjoe64 Thanks for the link.Laughed my donkey off... mr. Needlemouse ;)

I played the previous 3 Picross-games, and kinda had enough... just saying. But that's just me

dsparil

dsparil said:

I've downloaded all the Picross e games, and I will definitely get this one. That being said, I miss the animations that would play after finishing a puzzle in Picross DS and Picross 3D. Picross e feels a lifeless without them.

Shambo

Shambo said:

I'm taking my time with these games, and so far I always just completed one when the next came out. Brilliant! I'd like to see another Picross 3D title, but I get that it's hard on 3DS, since the touch screen is NOT the 3D screen... Did like that one a lot on DS though!

anders190

anders190 said:

If there is one game that I would love to see from Nintendo on a smart phone, its Picross. Would probably fit perfectly too.

I'm not sure if I ever bought Picross e3 but the first two I have both owned and played. The pricing has been good on the previous ones but I still would love to see more content in these releases.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

@anders190

No need for Nintendo there. They don't own the rules of the game as they didn't invent it. There are plenty of Picross games on smartphones.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

No complaints here, I love Picross puzzles!

@anders190 Nintendo doesn't own Picross puzzles, they're all over the iOS shop. Honestly, I prefer using a stylus though.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@yuwarite Well use a capacitive stylus then. (If Nintendo had used the best resistive technology it might have been different. Panasonic's Rugged tablets use them).

Panamae

Panamae said:

The biggest bummer here is the lack of multiplayer that was in the original DS version :(

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Grah, I want more Picross 3D! Even just the original DS title in digital form would be great.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

@DerpSandwich Same here! The original 3D was so addicting (my #1 total time game on 3DS). I've actually still got unfinished puzzles in the original Picross DS, so I don't need more of these 2D ones! :)

Patchouli

Patchouli said:

Personally, I'm content with Mario's Picross. I've never been much of a fan anyway. :/

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

@TruenoGT Adding the extra dimension makes it so much more interesting! Like, I don't even see the point in playing the 2D ones, they just seem inferior to me.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@DerpSandwich @TruenoGT

That is one of the few things I will miss now that the servers will be shut off. I barely touched the downloadable Picross 3D Puzzles. I wonder why that kind of Picross games never got a sequel.

Steveovig

Steveovig said:

Awesome news, I can never get enough of this series. It's probably my favorite game series of all-time. This is a day-1 purchase for me. April is looking good for eShop stuff.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

@sinalefa I hear you! I've been wanting to download some puzzles, but my DS has a hard time connecting to my router without me changing a ton of security settings. I need to take it somewhere and see if I can connect and get some puzzles before the servers are shut down.

Henmii

Henmii said:

It gets a bit silly now! I much rather have a totally new, full package retail picross! Maybe a Picross title that has both 2d and 3d puzzles?

I am not sure if I download Picross e4, though I am a big Picross fan! The puzzles never increase in size or get more difficult! I guess we just get again 15-15 puzzles that are pretty easy!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@DerpSandwich

It happened the same to me when my bro changed the router's security from WEP to WPA. Now it won't find it! I guess I can hook the 3DS to my cell phone and use it as an access point. It has no security.

tj3dsXL

tj3dsXL said:

PE2 seems to be the only one that is certified to being Circle Pad Pro (CPP) compatible !!!

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

give me 25x20 puzzles and i'll give you my money (the control scheme in picross ds DID work, provided you used the control pad to control your painting)

Mange

Mange said:

Still got levels to unlock on original game. Level 11 on normal is well within reach! Picross 3D is great too, downloaded 240 levels to it yesterday. I suggest you do too before it´s too late. Downloadable content for original game in eu is limited to two packs. No picross E for me. I hold my breath for the bundle:)

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

Didn't know these existed, only issue I had with picross DS was using the zoom when you work on 15 grid puzzles and larger. Definitely picking all these up though, picross is perfect for my favorite little handheld, even if I do have to squint when playing Mario's picross on the gameboy vc title.