Out Now: Rayman Legends (North America)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

It's arm-less fun

Rayman Legends is released today in North America, and it arrived in Europe on 30th August. Of course, in a perfect world for the Wii U it would have arrived on the system as an exclusive during the launch window, but despite its controversial route to market it is now here, and earning plaudits from writers and gamers around the world.

In our case, we're rather enthusiastic fans here at Nintendo Life HQ, awarding 9/10 in our Rayman Legends review and saying that it's "thrilling, compulsive and gorgeous"; it truly is close to perfection. The Wii U version also has unique controls and multiplayer options not available on other platforms, with the GamePad's motion sensing and touchscreen opening up new ideas with Murfy, even if they're concepts at their absolute best with more than one player. Throw in a stunning graphics engine that never drops a frame, and it's a memorable experience.

If you've already grabbed this or are planning to in North America and PAL regions — Japan has a little longer to wait, though it's still a Wii U exclusive in that region — let us know in the comments below. If you want to see it in action, meanwhile, we captured some lovely footage over on our YouTube channel. If you don't want a few levels to be spoiled for you, don't click on the videos!

rjejr

rjejr said:

So does the app challenge demo cease to function or just no new challenges?

LetsGoRetro

LetsGoRetro said:

Wow, I was in a "done with 2d platformers" mood but these 3 gameplay videos look SO good. I absolutely cannot resist this game

icerazor

icerazor said:

Im done with 2D platformers for now (still haven't even finished Super Luigi U) so i wont get this game yet. My next 2D game will probably be donkey kong tropical freeze. If i ever run out of games to play then i will consider this game.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Not out in the shop till it updates in about 4 hours. Can't wait to play it multiplayer this weekend.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

I'll be downloading this later on today. I'm greatly looking forward to it. I hope we don't have any more sour grapes from February and anyone that is interested in the game still buys it.

SecondServing

SecondServing said:

I've been patiently waiting for this game for months, now I can finally get it today as soon as gamestop opens! Can't wait!

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'll definitely be buying this game sometime, but I'll probably wait for it to drop in price like I did for Rayman Origins. That game was well worth the 5 bucks I spent on it.

Blast

Blast said:

Alotta gaming media has been recommending the Wii U version of this game over other platforms so I'm getting it on Wii U :D

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

This is what a sequel should be. Its the same fun game as Rayman Origins but does enough to make it feel different at the same time.

RawkHawk013

RawkHawk013 said:

would like to purchase this eventually! Wasn't interested at first but as soon as I saw the first trailer I was impressed, looks amazing!

KingBoo01

KingBoo01 said:

I can't wait! Rayman origins for WII was one of my favorite games.
Getting mine today!

thesilverbrick

thesilverbrick said:

....Aaaaaand now I have to many games to buy and play. Gee, I would have loved to buy a game like this back in, say, February, maybe?

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Just to anyone thinking about getting the Vita version I've just read its missing 28 levels.

nathanjones007

nathanjones007 said:

I snagged my last copy from my local Gamestop! I feel so special! I think it will sell well in North America and sends a message to Ubisoft. As far as a system seller i do not know. Cheers!

Mytoemytoe

Mytoemytoe said:

The controls are so awesome. I'm still getting used to having to look at the GamePad screen when there's such a beautiful high-res picture in front of me on my TV but this a great game.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

@nathanjones007 gamestop stocks a number of copies that were pre-ordered, and then carries 1 or 2 copies for anyone to just come and buy. I used to feel special about that too until I found this out... Still, to come in before people rush to claim those 1 or 2 copies is still a feat to be applauded

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Stupid Ubisoft...delaying a complete and exclusive game to make it not exclusive. Anyways, decided to still buy it, gonna get it tonight-ish.

Jellitoe

Jellitoe said:

Cancelling batman pre-order and picking this up, score some point with my kids :)

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

Picking this up tonight. Very excited, but I need to finish Blacklist and Super Luigi and Pikmin 3...

MegaManEP3

MegaManEP3 said:

I told myself, and you guys, that I was going to wait. Then I got my preorder text from GameStop....the rest is history. I can't wait to get home tonight!

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Ok, scratch that. Looks like I won't be getting this today. My big bro came home but since then he's just been sleeping for several hours and then spends only like 5 minutes awake, followed by more hours of sleep,

ddbangsy

ddbangsy said:

This is a definite purchase for me, it looks and plays amazingly.
I would love to see a 2d Mario game in the future be more adventurous like this in terms of visuals. The mushroom kingdom would come alive on our screens!

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

I got it today and pre-ordered Wind Waker HD with the Ganondorf Figurine! Wo-hoo!

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

yay! come friday/payday, ima get this for sure. wii u desperately needs some awesome gaming already.

Reverandjames

Reverandjames said:

I own an Xbox 360, PS3, and Vita, and will be picking up a Wii U at the end of the month...and will be buying this game for Wii U, this game was made for Wii U, and I won't be supporting this title on any other console.