Video: Sonic Busts Out Some Colours Moves in This New Lost World Trailer

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Dashes into North America on 22nd October

Sonic Lost World is the biggest part — that we know of to date — of Nintendo's three game exclusivity deal with SEGA, and it looks rather promising. It won't be the first time that SEGA's mascot has been exclusive to Nintendo's systems, with Sonic Colours certainly accumulating fans for its Wii and DS versions.

Good news for those fans, and perhaps those that haven't tried out those titles, is that abilities from those games — and new additions — will be present and correct in Lost World. SEGA has once again given IGN the scoop with more new footage that shows some of these abilities in action, along with some new environments to enjoy.

We were rather impressed with what we played of this title in our recent Sonic Lost World first impressions, and this new footage does the hype no harm at all. It hits NA on 22nd October, so check it out and let us know what you think in the comments below.

[via uk.ign.com, gematsu.com]

Related Games

Gioku

Gioku said:

The music note one is interesting... it's all looking really great so far! I'm still excited for this! :)

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

No mention of the October 22nd release date?

Trailer looks great! my first Sonic game...CAN'T WAIT!!!

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

So this is essentially (and perhaps also canonically) Sonic Colours 2. That's all I needed to know :3

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

This game LOOKS AMAZING. I stand by my earlier predictions that this game will be the sneak masterpiece and hit of the holiday season.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

looks really cool, but i still dont know if the sonic gameplay is my taste. never played sonic games. it always looks like i have no time to really explore the levels like in mario games.

craigmoss19

craigmoss19 said:

This is probably the first 3D Sonic game I've been excited for since Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

OptimisticLink

OptimisticLink said:

This October, huh? Earlier than I expected, since I think the last few main series games had November releases.

GearsOfWarU

GearsOfWarU said:

This Looks Amazing ... Finally a Good Looking Sonic ... And Its Only On Wii U thats Awesome!!!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on this Game ... Whooooooo!!!!

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

This is by far the third-party Wii U title I'm most excited about this year. Bring it on, SEGA. :)

Shining-Void

Shining-Void said:

Well done sega , well done. My only problem is that its coming out in the same month as a whole bunch of other games. Man I'm going to be so broke...

Neram

Neram said:

Hmm. Was hoping for a more pure Sonic experience. This knocks the excitement down a couple of notches for me, but the game still looks good.

123akis

123akis said:

so as 22nd October is on a Tuesday i would imagine the Europe release date will be on 25th October on that Friday

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Uggh... Can't watch the video! What powers were shown and what our their powers?

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Actually I found out I can watch the video and YES! YES!!!! YES!!!!!!!! I think Eagle was my favorite, though they are all awesome! ULTRA HYPE!!!!! :O

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Looks pretty good. These add alot more depth to the game than I originally though.

Erixsan

Erixsan said:

@Emblem Well, the 3DS and Wii U are different games,,, literally...

An example was Sonic Unleashed, the level desing of the PS2/Wii and PS360 was totally diferent...

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

Man I almost forgot about this game so that's another game I need to get for Q4

LightSuitGuy

LightSuitGuy said:

Looks great! But its coming out on October 22nd!?

That's 3 days before Arkham Origins... man I better get my wallet ready for a double wammy! :P

ZephyrTortera

ZephyrTortera said:

@Pixel-Perfect Sonic games have never the best designs ever, and these ones are REALLY out there. I do like that Sonic's quills are shorter. I also like the red ones voice.
"It is your fate to be destroyed, Why don't you just lay down and die!"
Like that line too.

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

I'm really liking the Super Mario Galaxy influences in this game. If I have any spare change after the holiday rush, I may download it.

hydeks

hydeks said:

Finally, a release date, and its not that far away! My local Gamestop has started accepting pre-orders for this, so I'll be most likely getting this, Batman, and Pokemon Y that month :) It went from barely any games to everything coming out around August and onward :P

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

Already, this is shaping up to be his best yet 2D or 3D. I have high hopes for this one and hopefully the 3DS game will be good too!

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

I loved Colours, best Sonic game since Sonic 3 imo. So naturally im looking forward to this one quite a bit!

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

As a Sony lover i sure want this. I am happy that i own both the 3ds and the Wii U because it's going to be played a lot. Is this cross buy or buy seperate? If so, i will still buy both:D Looks amazing.

Volmun

Volmun said:

Sonic Lost World just keeps looking better and better lol
its the 1st Sonic game in a LONG time iv bean excited for

Shambo

Shambo said:

This will be another system seller, trust me. Hopefully they do something nice like adding a Sonic action figure (colours) or make a huge collector's box (generations).

BlackStar9000

BlackStar9000 said:

@6ch6ris6 You OWE it to yourself to go pick up Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure on the DS, those are superb 2d Sonic games that no one ever talks about, also Sonic adventure 2 on the GBA was near perfect.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

@blackstar9000

that game also looks stupid. it always seems to me that you do almost nothing in sonic games. sonic just rushs through loops and everythign without any platforming. and the levels look way too big to navigate. i wanna explore levels. it seems that i can not do that in sonic games

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Wait... This is in the Wii U page and my Wii U was stolen... Hopefully the color powers are the same for the 3DS version.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Sonic is not what I want. (Shenmue / Skies of Arcadia / Panzar Dragoon (JRPG) / Another Nights game / Golden Axe / Light Gun Games / Afterburner anything but dull boring Sonic.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@6ch6ris6 I purchased Mario U and it sucks - a rehash of old Mario 3 and 4 (even these old Mario games are better than Mario U). Hopefully Sonic the lost world will resurrect the sales of Wii U.

ZephyrTortera

ZephyrTortera said:

This game is really awesome looking. With this game, my list to buy things has rounded out pretty well. I do wish they'd make a DQ new game for the 3DS. A remake is pretty cool, but I would like a new story.