Pokéball Offered with Pokémon X & Y Pre-orders in the UK

Posted by Tim Latshaw

A game case and a lifestyle statement

It looks like UK trainers will have a neat incentive for pre-ordering Pokémon X & Y at GAME stores: their own little Pokéball!

GAME recently revealed what it's calling an exclusive pre-order bonus on its Twitter feed, along with a photo. It looks like the ball will be able to hold at least three 3DS or DS game cards.

The Pokéball sits on a base that is fully detachable, as if the retailer knows you're going to want to throw it at something sooner or later. Unleash the power of your Pokémon game collection upon your rivals, or place something unexpected in there to keep them on their toes. “New Style Boutique, I choose you!”

Is this Pokéball something you’d want to pick up for your collection? Let us know below.

[via twitter.com]

Emblem

Emblem said:

Now i have to cancel my Amazon pre-order... I really hope Amazon have an incentive as well because i dislike using Game unless they have a significantly lower price.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Although that' pretty freaking awesome, I'm not going to bother getting anymore pokemon games, also since this is in UK, there might be a chance it won't come to NA like when the UK got a gold coin game case for New super Mario bros 2.

DePapier

DePapier said:

We need this in France. I wanna celebrate my return to the franchise in style.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

Well id like that more the poster we are getting as an incentive for ebgames in canada but the poster is awseome too

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

What does this poster look like? It is sounding like my plan to download is going to make me miss nothing.

Goginho

Goginho said:

Aww maaan. That looks neat and very practical, but I don't plan on preordering :/

AddDavey

AddDavey said:

cancelled my preorder with Shopto to get this, luckily it's only like £2 more so it's not too bad.

Azikira

Azikira said:

Gamestop's "bonus" was a lame poster. I'm sick of these cheap-butt excuses of gifts. Whatever happened to the days of accessories and figurines?? Now it's all DLC and Paper...

BulletBill64

BulletBill64 said:

I don't even own a 3DS but I will preorder the poopiedoodles out of this to get those Pokéballs.

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

Its a nice bonus. The pokeball will fit nicely with pokemon X & Y plus the third game that will be released :P

swordx

swordx said:

If they bring this to NA, I'll DEFINITELY pre order it. THAT LOOKS EPICCCCC!!!!!!

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

I want to buy one. This will be the first sold Pokeball without pegs or strings or other crap in it.

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

Whoa, hope it comes to NA, I already pre ordered my copy of Y, so this would be a great treat.

snoox

snoox said:

I need this in USA, I hope it's sturdy with all the heads I plan on throwing it at haaa

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

I pre-order my Pokemon Y already, but I was planning on getting rid of that pre-order and download it instead. I hope that my Gamestop supports those Download Codes so I could get a download code and get this Pokeball at the same time. One more problem, I live in the USA.

Brother_Jolteon

Brother_Jolteon said:

I hope NA gets something a bit better worth a pre-order. I'm not saying this is crappy, which its not (it reminds me of the ones given away at burger kings to promote pokemon the first movie) but all I'm saying is that I'm very picky about what's worth pre-ordering. I wasn't interested in the goku costume in storm 3 so I didn't pre-order, but I got it on day 1 and got the costume anyways, so its whatever. I'm very interested in the art book for the kingdom hearts 1.5 hd remix so I'm pre-ordering. A good pre-order for the x/y game should be something that stands out more, and not be used to give your opponent a concusion. But that's just my opinion. All in all, I think this is somewhat decent. Good for anyone who is an avid collector.

dadajo

dadajo said:

Looks at the comments. Yep I want it in USA two sigh. I usually get pokemon games day one, but I wait to see what deals there are then I preorder.

Starzsixty9

Starzsixty9 said:

Not gonna lie... I haven't bought a pokemon game since red and yellow on my Game Boy... if this is offered in NA I'd preorder it in a minute

Brother_Jolteon

Brother_Jolteon said:

@feline2 well how dynamic is it? Like does it feature any pokemon in a more dynamic pose or is it just the standard boxart/official artwork kind of pose?

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@Starzsixty9 The last one I bought and played is Yellow :D I think the series has advanced enough for me to be interested again, and by all I have seen and read X/Y should be good.

Hopefully GameStop buyers get this in the U.S.!

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

I look forward to getting that.
The GAME store I go to often gives me the pre-order gift, even if I didn't pre-order. The Pokéball looks nice. It's a better game card holder than NSMB2's Gold Coin.

shaneoh

shaneoh said:

Australian EB site has the Pokeball listed as a preorder bonus now.

Will preorder closer to release

NightmareXIV

NightmareXIV said:

AUGH it suck being a Nintendo fan in the US my copie is already pr-ordered 9 months in advance, and I ge nothing to show for it.

PEDRO12

PEDRO12 said:

"The Pokéball sits on a base that is fully detachable, as if the retailer knows you're going to want to throw it at something sooner or later."
Hell yeah we will.

tom_q

tom_q said:

I am still hoping for a special edition XL, if we got Animal Crossing surely we can get Pokemon?!

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

I honestly hope we get something better than that. I liked the figurines for Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver but I pre-ordered mine and still didn't get one whereas my friends mom just bought him one and they gave one away to her. I hope they make the system easier as well as have some kick-donkey Xerneas and Yveltal figures.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

I want that! It reminds back when Pokemon was still new and Burger King had those kids meals that came with those pokeballs with the gold cards in them. :o

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

i noticed amazon never does any pre-order bonus for nintendo games like wtf :( but that cool awesome wonder if the US will have anything like that on gamestop or best buy sure would like to know if they do

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

That. Looks. Epic. It would go perfectly with my Club Nintendo Game holder haha. Serious face I need this.