SEGA Teases Sonic Lost World Characters

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Those little scamps

The announcement of Sonic Lost World's Wii U and 3DS exclusivity, as part of an agreement between Nintendo and SEGA, was possibly the biggest news to come out of the most recent Nintendo Direct. Sonic may have struggled to live up to his glorious 16-bit days, but he has had his good moments recently, one of which we'd argue was Sonic Colours on Wii.

Details have been relatively scarce so far, but SEGA has used good-old Facebook to release the image above, with the following tease-tastic comment.

Six will rise from the Lost World. Are they friends or foes? Find out on May 29th.

We'll certainly keep our eyes peeled on that date, and the horned beast in the middle looks like it means business. As long as they don't have excruciatingly bad voice acting, we'll keep an open mind.

[via facebook.com, gonintendo.com]

Related Games

CaveDweller

CaveDweller said:

There's no really much to say to this as of yet. Right now though, those shapes look kind of unusual. Not bad, per se, but a little out of place in the Sonic world. But that's based on the silhouettes alone. Guess we'll have to wait until they're fully revealed.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I'm guessing 3 of the 6 do not approve with what Sonic and Tails will doing in the Lost World. I'm guessing the 2 on the furthest right and left, and the biggest character second from the right, or maybe it depends on how you play the game that changes the outcome. Who knows...

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

@Banjogeek Haha yeah, I was just kidding. But is it just me, or does that monster second to the right look like it would have one big, round eye? O_O

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

Very exciting!

Am I the only one who is filled with excitement about this game? I feel like it might be the long awaited next great Sonic game. I feel like that's why Sega and Nintendo are making such a big deal out of this.

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

The second I saw the one on the far left, I instantly thought of Meloetta for some reason. These characters seem unusually shaped for Sonic characters, let's see how this works out.

Stix_Remix

Stix_Remix said:

They all appear to be color-coded, so perhaps they are villains/bosses for the corresponding zones/terrain types. Also seems to correlate to the light spectrum (ROYGBIV)...

From left to right:
Green
Purple
Yellow
Red
Orange
Blue?

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

I really want to see some screens and footage of this. After Colors and Generations this is gonna be great. :)

SilverArrow

SilverArrow said:

... $50 says at least one of them is a female. Sonic's had too many male heroes/villains lately.

Ron_DelVillanoAdmin

Ron_DelVillano said:

Looks kind of like something out of Rayman Origins/Legends to me.

Maybe they're going for a similar feel? Or gameplay?

TheEmerlLad

TheEmerlLad said:

theory time!

These 6 characters are mercenaries hired by Eggman to stop sonic and Co. from restoring these broken worlds. These 6 characters are identiclw to one of Sonic's friends. Including Sonic himself.

Need help with a carbon copy? Why not Emerl?

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

Sonic's been through alot but a part of me has faith that this new deal w/ Sega will mark the beginning of a new era for our favorite hedgehog! Mario is gonna have competition like back in 90's LOL!

hydeks

hydeks said:

can't wait for may 29th, Sonic Colours was a great game so I have alot of hope for another great Sonic game on a Nintendo system. Now I just need my own Wii U :P

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Ron_DelVillano @Stix_Remix - Agree on both counts. ROYGBIV is underutilized in games, and the Rayman look speaks of evil.

And for those who follow Sony, these look similar to the playable characters in Awesomenauts. If I weren't on my tab Ild link to the awesome trailer.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

They look a little cartoony (I know I know...we are talking about Sonic's world here but, I'm comparing say, Sonic Adventure 2 world to Sonic Colors). Anybody know what I mean??....prob not but it makes sense to me. :p

Musterd

Musterd said:

@Funny_Moblin Or maybe... JUST one big eye! Covering his face and body! And he looks like he has clawed flippers... I've got it. He's a failed attempt at genetically engineering a fighting cycloptic duck. Now we just need to figure out the other 5.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Uh oh. Some of those outlines seem, eh, crazy. Rayman design seems logical though Ubisoft has no play whatsoever in this. I may have to admit, that center dude (Is he a bull?) may be a neat guy. Hopefully some of them won't end up annoying like Amy, Cream and Cheese (>:P), Charmy, and a few others. Once I saw those outlines, I thought, "Oh no, more annoying Sonic characters." The recent games were still very fun and I can't wait to see how much fun this one will be.

AceTrainerBean

AceTrainerBean said:

I dunno why but I am hoping for a sonic game that is kinda like super Mario 64 but all sonicy lol I am really excited for this game and I haven't played sonic in years

TheSonicdude97

TheSonicdude97 said:

Whoa, they look intriguing~
(P.S. Once I saw this picture I started having heart attack-like reactions and almost shed a tear. See how freakin' excited I get for this stuff! XD)

3Daniel

3Daniel said:

All I see are 6 reasons to play this game on mute. The far right character seems like its voice will be in the higher octives... sigh

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

This game is starting to look more interesting as tidbits of info keep being released. I just want to see the game in action!

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

They're new Sonic characters.
They're all FOES
But seriously I've been nervous about new characters since
Sonic 06

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

Sonic Generations was excellent too. Its hard to go back to the non HD Colours and play it after playing Generations.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

@TwilightV Hmm Super Sentai themed? (PS That's the show Power Rangers gets all the robot fighting footage & enemy & outfit designs from).

PS Why does one of them look like Mushu from Mulan?

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

guy in the middle is the big baddie, the guy to his right is the goofy, idiot, strong friend, the guy farther to his right is the old guy who makes evil plans. To the big baddie's left is his favorite minion (the little guy), then there is the guy who constantly makes mistakes, and finally they furthest left bad guy, who we think is on our side for a duration of the game but is really a spy

Sparkz

Sparkz said:

It looks interesting already even though you can only see a narrow view of the world in the background and six shadowed characters. I've never played a Sonic game before, but I'll definitely pick this up once I get the Wii U.

ZinogreMaster

ZinogreMaster said:

I'm hoping for a game kinda like Secret Rings because I liked the interesting designs of the stages they were just a little too close quarters sonic for me. Also, longer levels and a longer game would be nice. Finally, I'm kind of hoping for more realistic designs like in Colors or Generations, It'd be kinda cool if this was concept art but I'm not so sure for the final product. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Henmii

Henmii said:

I guess they are enemies! From the shadows they look pretty cool, though we have yet to see the full designs!!