Nintendo is now selling authentic refurbished products on its official website. The company says the systems are the only refurbished products on the market that have been cleaned, tested and inspected to meet its own high standards.
According to the website listings the consoles are guaranteed to be fully functional, but they may have what is described as "minor cosmetic blemishes".
Nintendo still commits itself to one year of warranty with the devices, which is the same level of service offered with brand new products.
Currently, there are a selection of 3DS and DSi XL consoles available, but Nintendo may add to this in the future. The full list of products on offer can be found below:
- Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS - $129.99
- Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – $169.98
- Metallic Rose Nintendo DSi XL - $99.99
- Metallic Rose Nintendo DSi XL with Mario Kart DS - $129.98
- Midnight Blue Nintendo DSi XL - $99.99
- Midnight Blue Nintendo DSi XL with Mario Kart DS - $129.98
- Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS - $129.99
- Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - $169.98
It appears Nintendo doesn't have any retail partners involved in this initiative as it states the refurbished models can only be purchased directly from the Nintendo website.
The Aqua Blue 3DS may attract a few buyers, seeing as it is no longer in production.
What are your thoughts on this? Are you interested in a refurbished console, or would you still prefer a brand new one? Let us know in the comments section below.