Grab Your Kirby 20th Anniversary Puzzle Swap Piece Now

Posted by Mike Mason

Hiii!

If you're a Kirby fan, you'll want to check the blue SpotPass light that's blinking on your 3DS today. Nintendo has released a brand new Puzzle Swap panel to celebrate the upcoming release of Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition on Wii.

Internet-connected 3DS systems will receive a SpotPass message informing them of the new treat. With 40 pieces to collect, the Kirby's 20th Anniversary puzzle should keep you busy for some time. As is tradition, the update kindly provides a free piece to start you off.

Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition has been created to tie-in with the little pink vacuum sack's 20th birthday. It'll include several of Kirby's significant outings — Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards — alongside a soundtrack CD, book and bonus challenge levels.

It's set for release in Japan on 19th July — today! — while North America gets it in September. A European release still hasn't been announced.

kobe1724

kobe1724 said:

Yes! Now I'll finally be able to get some more pieces with play coins, considering I pretty much only need the purple pieces on the others.

Cipher

Cipher said:

This and the Super Mario 3D Land puzzle I picked up from a StreetPass hit yesterday mean I'm now well under half in terms of pieces (146/313), so hopefully I'll grab loads more with Play Coins soon. Once the Mario & Sonic Virtual Card Album's stopped hogging them. 8D

Onett

Onett said:

@KodyWB-98 @Yosher There are no major events in your area? I nearly finished all of my puzzle swap pictures attending Los Angeles Anime Expo and San Diego Comic Con without ever previously playing it. Those places are great for raking up street passes. I just wish I took advantage of it when I was at the Zelda Anniversary Concert. However, I understand if you have no interest in completing them. :)

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Yay! Was wondering when they'd release a new panel. Time to start scrounging together those pinks again (had all the pinks on everything else asides Mario Tennis Open).

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Will the game include upgraded graphics, or will they be the same as they were when they first released.

Yosher

Yosher said:

@Onett Nope, no events near where I live. I'd need to travel a few hours by train IF there ever is an event even just relatively close, and that's rather costly. Plus I always need to work when such an event does take place. And with me hardly ever getting Streetpasses (I only get like, 2 or 3 a month, not counting demopod unit ones, which are totally worthless for Puzzle Swap if you completed the regular ones), that means I won't be able to get those pieces for a long time. And I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. I live in the Netherlands, so one of those places you mentioned are a total no-go for me.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

@Onett Not everyone lives in LA, NYC, Chicago or wherever. We do have events where I'm from, but they are not comic conventions and video game conferences because those only seem to come to cities like I mentioned above. I went to the biggest summer festival in my city (over 4,000 people there) and got all of one Streetpass from someone who had Plaza turned off no less.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Try living in Mississippi! I only got 7 pink pieces (mostly from friends with whom we arranged to get a bunch from Reggie) :P

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

My bro gets around, I usually get most of my pink puzzle pieces from him.

At least, that used to be true, he used to work at a game retail shop but he doesn't any more.

So....yeah, finishing this Puzzle is gonna be the toughest for me yet.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

@Onett It was actually pretty cool back before they instituted the pink pieces thing because you could complete puzzles on just a few streetpasses and a ton of play coins. As it stands now, many of the puzzles I have are totally complete aside from the pink ones and they're probably destined to stay that way unless I end up traveling to a convention or something, which probably won't happen.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Yup, same problem as grumblebuzzz here. I hate those pink pieces with a passion because of it. Ugh.

I just hope it stays with just the puzzle pieces, I'm gonna hate it if a game has you collecting stuff that would unlock stuff, that can only be collected through Streetpass.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Awaiting the EB Games Expo so I can get all the pink pieces, I have all the blue pieces already (except for Kirby of course)

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

after taking my 3ds with me whenever I travel by bus I've scraped together 33 encounters, and I got mine on launch day mind you. Took it with me to Moscow on my holiday, didn't meet anyone at all there, not even at the airports! Wonder if I'll ever finish all the puzzles at this rate, especially if they add 'em faster than I can finish them.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm sure this picture would look cute and cool in 3D once complete, but like most of my puzzles, it will probably be incomplete for a long, long time.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

One of these days I will finish one of these puzzles. It might take twenty years but I will do it! :D

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

Why can I never get pink pieces over spotpass. You know, on these spotpass panels :P

gundam00

gundam00 said:

I take my 3DS with me every time I leave the house and I've only received two StreetPasses and I go to populated neighborhoods. I don't think 3DS is popular where I live. I went to the Zelda Symphony and collected 50 StreetPasses out of an audience of 500 or so. I don't have any puzzles finished. When I buy puzzle pieces with Play Coins, they give me puzzle pieces I already have. One time, I got the same puzzle piece three times in a row and it was a puzzle piece I had prior to using Play Coins!

I just downloaded the new Kirby puzzle and its the size of the Mario Kart 7 puzzle (40 pieces - 8 pink). I'd prefer if they went back to the the smaller puzzle sizes like New Super Mario Bros Wii or Ocarina/StarFox size. OR at least open up the Mii Plaza games to SpotPass! What's the point of gathering SpotPass Miis in your Plaza if you can't use them in the Plaza games??

Korbin64

Korbin64 said:

Just a question; HOW IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU GET THE PINK PUZZLE PIECES?!?!?!?!?!?!
As far as I'm concerned, I hate trying to get those pieces with every fiber of my being...

Fabian

Fabian said:

My Metroid Puzzle is nearly finished with only one piece left and the Only Puzzles I finished so far are Pikmin and Zelda.But I have a lot of purple pieces so far

sykotek

sykotek said:

Not sure if I should spend my near 300 coins buying up the blue puzzle pieces for this new puzzle... StreetPass Mii Plaza loses a bit of its magic when you're all finished with puzzles.

I wonder when they going to update Find Mii again? I only have 6 hats to go.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

They didn't start me off with a pink piece. WHATHEHELL?! And just as I thought I was going to finish that Starfox puzzle by using Play Coins...

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

Also, the only person I can seem to get any pieces from is one of my teachers...and it's currently Summer Vacation. NO!

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

My only chance to finish more of these in when I'm going to the Zelda concert in Pittsburg on July 28...and that's like 4 hours away.
There is maybe 6 people in the whole state of WV that owns a 3DS