Resi Revelations Trailer Features Classic Voice Acting

Posted by James Newton

Classic doesn't always mean "good"

Resident Evil and voice acting go together like WiiWare and fireplace simulators. This latest trailer for Resident Evil Revelations shows the series has lost none of its love of the ridiculous when it comes to giving voices to its main characters.

Chris Redfield and new partner Jessica Sherawat must explore a vast mountain range to find out more about terrorist organisation Veltro, which — surprise surprise — has a mutagen capable of turning peaceful creatures into ugly flesh-eating monsters.

Resident Evil Revelations is due out early next year.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Veltro? Like Velcro?

Also the trailer wasn't that cheesy, and the graphics looked great.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

I'm gonna have to agree with Oddy on this one. The voice acting was alright and the graphics looked really good. Now, if this trailer had more Albert Wesker, than I might have to agree with James...

Expa0

Expa0 said:

No buy, the mercenaries game scared (no pun intented) me of the series for good.

Savino

Savino said:

I was looking forward this game until I notice that the aim will be with the face buttons! Sorry, but this is unacceptable for me.

I know many ppl dislike aiming with the stylus, but at least do as Nintendo did with Metroid Prime Hunter, give us the option!

As more (or as much? correct me pls) unconfortable as playing with the style can be I still think it is way more precise than aiming with the face buttons. Precise and fast, I must say!

I will wait for it with some reservations, but if face buttons turn out to be the only option, I think I will pass!

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

didnt want to watch it because of spoilers but it looks topnotch and hopefully a bit epic

ianmage1

ianmage1 said:

I really hope the video quality of the cutscenes is just as crisp and clear as the gameplay image quality. I hate it when I see mobi video codec level cutscenes on 3DS games... of course the trailer makes the cutscenes look all nice and crisp, but when you actually play the game, it won't look nearly as good as it did in the trailer. I hope this doesn't happen.

Savino

Savino said:

@Oregano
What? And how do you move while you aim? I saw a gameplay trailer earlier that clearly shows the character walking and aiming!

I will look for more infos...

Wesker

Wesker said:

@Savino interesting. Some otherwise great games on PSP were seriously hampered by having to aim with face buttons. I hope that isn't the case with Revelations on 3DS. Thank god Vita has dual analogue sticks.

Nintex

Nintex said:

great trailer, i thought the voice acting was great, nothing really cheesy and the game looks sweet

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

That's...not what I was expecting. I mean really, that's no where near "classic", IMO. It's just "okay".

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

if you hold down both shoulder buttons you can move and shoot like in mercenaries i dont use it myself though

Legodavid18

Legodavid18 said:

@Savino

In Mercenaries, it worked like this: You could just walk around with the Circle Pad. By holding the right shoulderbutton, your character would stop moving and you could then aim. By holding BOTH shoulderbuttons your aiming would lock and you could walk around, or 'strafe'.

Savino

Savino said:

@Daznsaz
@legodavid15

Sounds like a better solution to me, but I still wish that they used the stylus as option. I really loved this generation FPS...
Wii and DS brought me back to the console shooting and I really hope that the next-gen doesnt make me go back to PC!

Ren

Ren said:

just cheesy enough to be totally awesome! not getting where the complaints are coming from, this seems totally sweet. I don't think controls could be 'broken' as some seem to be freaking about, it's not like this is a game that is being rushed to market. Even if they're not ideal, new controls usually just take some getting used to, deal with it or skip it, it's your loss, this looks way fun, and better than any portable game I've ever seen on a Nintendo.

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

@savino: I agree, I want the touch screen aiming that the DS uses. However both RE games use the circle pad to aim. The games more or less control like RE4 on the 'Cube. Not as good as using the touch screen (or a Wii Remote) but not as bad as trying to aim with the buttons.

And I think some people need to dig out a copy of RE 1 and play that again. That was some seriously bad voice "acting." I still keep my DS copy around for and giggles. This hardly qualifies as bad acting by comparison.

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

I don't see anything wrong with the voice acting (Other than the slightly dramatic sound, but that's in almost every movie).

pikku

pikku said:

Let's just say that if the voice acting is the worst part of this game, we're all in for a treat :O

Savino

Savino said:

Gyro aiming would be a nice adition to the game. Not as default, of course, but as a option!

NINTENBOY

NINTENBOY said:

Aww this is tough I'm trying to decide iver to get a 3DS now or a WiiU later and this trailer makes even harder to decide.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Jessica's acting is very similar to Claire Redfield's in Resident Evil 2. You guys remember the opening? "You're a cop right?" and "There's a gun inside."

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

I'm guessing those that consider this acceptable voice acting watch a lot of anime.

NassaDane

NassaDane said:

This is Terrible Voice acting. And when I say that I mean it is too good. This is RE, we want Corn and Camp! This is to professional sounding.

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

This looks epic! Man, I wish I was 18 right now. the voice-acting wasn't that bad. Although the story is right out of a James Bond movie.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

The voice acting is pretty good, especially for the handheld. This game is turning out to look fantastic. Cannot wait to pick this one up, as I am a sucker for the RE Series.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

@TheFox

You mean dubbed anime.

Anyhow, gyroscope look / aim controls like those in Zelda would be perfect for this game. Here's hoping they don't drop the ball on such an obvious feature.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

I too don't understand the voice acting complaint....It's godly compared to the original RE, and at the time during the originals release i never realised it was bad to begin with, i was just too amazed to actually see in-game characters with voice acting for the first time. :p

Anyways, show us some Zombies!....As for Jessica, it looks like they recruited some curvy runway model. lol a little 'too hot' and ubelievable to be working for the BSSA.

Grackler

Grackler said:

Those graphics look great, hopefully the overall production values are higher than Mercenaries, that felt a bit shonky overall. I'd like stylus/gyro aiming as an option too, though the face button setup in Mercenaries was fine (like Resi 4 on GameCube).

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

The graphics on this are really good. While the voice acting is a bit on the cheesy side (I agree with you guys on that) I think that almost adds to the charm and camp, keeping it from taking itself too seriously.

Objection

Objection said:

There was nothing wrong with the voice acting. Seriously, what standards are people using?
The main thing that has me apprehensive is the controls. Oh, and actually buying a CAPCOM game without something happening that severely lets me down. Because that's happened a lot lately.