Metroid: Other M E3 Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out Team Ninja's upcoming Metroid title in action!

While we don't have much to go on, we were able to get our hands on the official E3 trailer for Team Ninja's very own Metroid: Other M Wii title.

We've also uploaded three promo screenshots of the game in action as well. Below is a snippet taken from the official Nintendo press kit for the game as well as the E3 trailer.

Nintendo showcased a trailer for a new installment in its acclaimed Metroid franchise for the Wii console. Metroid: Other M marks an unprecedented collaboration with world-renowned developers Team Ninja, and provides fans with high-energy, action-packed game play as it delves deeper into the back story of famed deep-space bounty hunter Samus Aran. This game is scheduled for release in 2010.

We'll have more information on Metroid: Other M as it becomes available.

[via youtube.com]

Popyman

Popyman said:

Epic, and I'm not just saying that. As long as Team Ninja respects Samus' body and character, this is going to be one amazing game.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

That's three Nintendo games that I'm getting on day 1. Honestly, that's pretty good.

I have my anxieties about this...switching between first and third person has to be done REALLY well or it's going to get irritating...

...but I loved Prime, and if anyone can successfully reinvent a series, we've learned time and time again that it's Nintendo.

MrPanic

MrPanic said:

Thnx for the direct link. Oh wait, it's missing again...

This game looks sick, more God of War-ish than Metroid-ish but it was time for something new. Can't wait to see more of this.

pixelman

pixelman said:

Man I'm excited for this game. I've watched this trailer over ten times on different sites.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Thnx for the direct link. Oh wait, it's missing again...

They're coming. I've kinda got a lot going on here at once. :)

pixelman

pixelman said:

This is like pseudo 2D-3D-First Person-Third Person-Side Scrolling adventure. Wow.

Chatham

Chatham said:

Was Samus just looking at a clone of herself? The origins of Dark Samus?

SAMUS SPEAKS!!!

Andrew

Andrew said:

I'm still on the fence about the art-style... I guess I'm just used to the gritty look from the Prime trilogy.

Zenman

Zenman said:

DUDE! this looks...incredible...samus will actually have a VOICE ACTOR!

Chrono_Cross

Chrono_Cross said:

Hopefully this will lead to a trilogy/series off some sort because not even knowing what the storyline is, and only action, I`d love to see sequels in the near future.

KevNash

KevNash said:

Seems to be getting a more cinematic feel (the slow motion plasma shot is awesome) and i like the reference to Metroid Fusion (when that guy calls her lady).

I enjoyed Fusion and Super Metroid more than Prime 1 n 2, so hopefully this could be a good mix of the two, taking the best of both worlds

Link79

Link79 said:

Looks awesome! I can't tell if it's 2-D or 3-D though. Most of the scenes in the trailer look like cutscenes instead of actual gameplay. I'm also not crazy about the title. Other M? Here's hoping it will be one of the series best.

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

"Any objections lady?"
METROID FUSION REFERENCES!!! :D
This game is looking killer! (no pun intended)

Metroid133

Metroid133 said:

Day 1....needs time machine. :'(

Is it wrong if I wept for joy because of this/Nintendo's whole conference?

James

James said:

I really liked Fusion, and MP1 and 3, but I'm afraid I just can't muster that much excitement for this one. I'm not keen on God of War/Ninja Gaiden/Devil May Cry-style games, although if there's more side-scrolling shooting and FPS sections I might take a look into it. This is definitely a "wait and see" for me.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

It is nice to see Nintendo trying to work some of the backstory told in the mangas into a game. Though its probable the game takes place after Fusion (but has flashbacks to the past, one bit of that trialers shows the final battle to Super Metroid)

I just hope it somehow manages to seperate itself from the other works of Team Ninja.

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

For me, this is EXACTLY the kind of thing I want to see Nintendo doing with its franchises. Taking a series like Metroid and handing it over to a house like Team Ninja is pure, pure genius. This already has me 100 times more excited than I was over any of the Metroid Prime games.

I'm sure there will be doubters but remember all the moaning that happened when Nintendo announced that Retro Studios would be doing Metroid Prime?

Golgo

Golgo said:

Sounds like Samus is getting voiced. Hope they do it sensibly and she doesn't come across all emo and angsty re. her troubled upbringing etc.
;)

i8cookie

i8cookie said:

i dunno, i'm a prime fan, this looks like a mindless slash fest. I liked ninja gaiden, but I don't love it, too much slashing. slash slash slash, that's all you do in the game... For me Metroid is about exploration, I like scanning everything, reading all the information etc. All this talking about slashing, now i need to take a slash

MrPanic

MrPanic said:

Is it just me, or are you playing as Samus' daughter? I think so because:

• Titel (Other M > Mother?)
  • In the end of the vid, Samus Aran walks in talking to the one in the power suit.
Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Hopefully they're binning the impossible to get yet useless power-ups and endless backtracking. I know they're part of the history of the series, but they really grate and kept me from keeping the game.

This looks like a nice sci-fi action title though and I'm always up for that!

Ian_Daemon

Ian_Daemon said:

This looks more frantic than previous Metroid games, but I'm up for it.

As far as the title goes, I just keep saying "otherem".

Terra

Terra said:

Seeing as it's a Metroid game, I obviously want it. Can't get enough of the series. I am pleased to see that the gameplay will differ from that of the Prime games as, to be honest, I liked them a lot but i think we needed some changes, just to make it more fresh. I would love to see a team do the series in 2.5D one day. And Team Ninja doing it? Pretty Awesome. I'm very interested to see what they do with the series.

Darel18

Darel18 said:

omfg! this is instant buy... I was like X_X when I saw the trailer at the Nintendo Conference =DDD!

By the way... Retro Studios is making a TOP SECRET proyect =0 !!

Other M, I thinks it's: Other Metroid, after all Metroid is her enemy xd

greyelephant

greyelephant said:

Amazing Nintendo. Now I'll sit back and see how the game play functions and hopefully we have a winner.

Danglybits

Danglybits said:

Possible Super Metroid Spoilers
Check out the video @ 1.28

I think its part of the (VERY) last fight?
& Samus even says its time to go :)
what u think

Noire

Noire said:

This looked absolutely awesome. Samus talks! Hopefully this means she'll actually be a character in her own story, with some personality, instead of the completely silent avatar she has been.
Also, Team Ninja helping in the development? Samus is going to look better than she ever has, in more ways than just one.