We're heading into awards season, and Nintendo will fancy its chances of scooping quite a few. Today brought the Golden Joystick Awards in London, with the UK event being rather interesting for relying almost exclusively on public votes.
It's with that in mind that Nintendo's wins are certainly very welcome, with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild taking the top award and four in total, while Pokémon Sun and Moon also joined in. There was also a win for the Nintendo EPD team; the relevant results are below.
- Best audio - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Studio of the year - Nintendo EPD
- Handheld/mobile game of the year - Pokemon Sun and Moon
- Nintendo game of the year - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Critics' choice award - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Ultimate Game of the Year - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
We particularly liked Aonuma-san's joke around the late release of Super Mario Odyssey affecting its chances of accumulating votes. We're sure the two heavy-hitters will both pick up awards as the year wraps up.