Video: Watch Zelda Lay The Smackdown With The Wind Waker In Hyrule Warriors

Posted by Damien McFerran

Getting a second wind

Zelda may be pretty handy with a blade in Hyrule Warriors, but as this latest video attests, she's just as keen to create carnage with the legendary Wind Waker wand.

In the trailer below you can watch the traditionally mild-mannered Hylian royal dish out plenty of wind-based punishment on hordes of enemies. Compared to Link's rather aggressive style, Zelda is surprisingly graceful.

Hyrule Warriors launches in Japan on August 14th, with the European release following on 19th September. The game hits North America a week later on the 27th.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

The wind wake makes no sense for Zelda to use... It is possible that she may never see it in the game if I remember correctly. Also.... she doesn't sound.... right at the start there. I also hope there will be a more difficult setting for this. That little Bokoblin when Zelda was moving that tornado around... it just stood there stepping from side to side right beside her... I don't want the game to be too easy :P

TheClockworkB

TheClockworkB said:

@ikki5 There will be more difficulties than this don't worry. The video would be hard to do if this was set on the highest difficulty and you would be massacred by the waves of enemies, unable to show the weapons' ability :P

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Is the enemy ai really that bad lol or are the enemies just in awe standing behind her waiting to get swept away! This is why it's called mindless and no one can say otherwise. Still looks good and it's Zelda so it will sell well!

TheClockworkB

TheClockworkB said:

@Spoony_Tech This is probably set on the lowest difficulty to show the weapon's ability. It would really be counter productive if it was set on the highest difficulty and the player would get hit before even using an attack.

TheWindWaker

TheWindWaker said:

Hey, did you notice... sounds like the Wind Waker is playing familiar tunes, such as Saria's Song from OoT. Looks like the Wind Waker got a new wielder and a new repertoire!

AlbertoC

AlbertoC said:

In the first moves i said... "The wind waker is pretty meh". But then I saw a mini tornado sweeping everything around, and I had no choice but to change my opinion.

CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths said:

The giggling at the beginning of all these female character vids ranges from annoying to psychotic.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill
If you want to be like the folks on the hill"

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

It's on easy or none for all the trailers so far. Can't wait to get into it on a high difficulty.

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

@ShanaUnite not canonical.

And yeah, everyone who is worried about the AI, don't worry. In Warriors games, you bump up the difficulty and it's no problem. Like someone said, the difficulty is set pretty low in these trailers for the sake of showing off the moves.

Olmectron

Olmectron said:

This is not canon. So, it doesn't matter if we see Link using Triforce of Power or if Zelda uses the Deku Mask. Midna is already there! Wasn't she supossed to be locked inside Twilight Realm for eternity???

This IS NOT canon.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

All aboard the hype train!
Which by now is modeled after the Spirit Train.
Seriously, as soon as Young Link is announced - complete with a Toon Link costume - this game will become the pure essence of Zelda fanservice.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

@TheWindWaker
Am I the only one here who loathes Saria's Song? I love pretty much every other Ocarina/howl/Wind Waker song aside from... that. I've heard it so often in Super Smash Bros. Melee that I've gotten sick of it pretty fast.

Diddy_kong

Diddy_kong said:

Out of all the trailers for this game that NL has posted in recent weeks this is the only one that failed to get me excited. That's just not my fighting style I guess.

Still, can't wait for this game!! And I'm really looking forward to trying Lana out.

erv

erv said:

Whoa. Another field full of creatures waiting to be lawnmowed.

I need review material before I decide on buying this. I loved spartan total warrior, for instance, but things like co op and variety will dictate the quality of this particular game.

outburst

outburst said:

Just don't set your expectations high on this game Zelda fanboys. You may be disappointed. :)

digga

digga said:

dnt care wat anyone ses..good on nintendo handin out franchises for other companys to have a pop at nintendis games..and the game looks like it might be the best dynasty warriors ,,warriors game theyve yet made

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

That's why kids should stay away from cool stuffs!

Toon Link understood nothing about the real potential of that wand XD

yemsols

yemsols said:

@CaviarMeths lol that had me cracking lolz Its almost like, "Im a psychotic murderer who cant help but giggle creepily before murdering hundreds of foes" lol

DBPirate

DBPirate said:

Interesting weapon. Glad they're trying to include some things from all the Zeldas (or 3D Zeldas, it seems at this point).

cfgk24

cfgk24 said:

@Neferupitou Samurai Warriors Chronicles was very hard, it's all about the battlefield strategy rather than the grinding. . Chronicles was also a beautifully produced game with a fantastic soundtrack.

DBPirate

DBPirate said:

@TeeJay True. I hope for their next character reveal it's from any games but Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword so the others can get some love (besides weapons).