Nintendo Direct Confirmed For Japan on 11th July

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Focused on 3rd Party 3DS Games

Just days ago we outlined key areas and details that can still be revealed in upcoming Nintendo Direct broadcasts this year; there's plenty of ground that the big N can still cover post-E3. Of course, the Nintendo Direct fever is back up and running in Japan already — not only has there already been a Yokai Watch 2 video, but Nintendo has also revealed a full broadcast for Japan on 11th July at 8pm local time.

As you can see in the advert above, the focus of this Direct will be third party games for the 3DS — we can expected to see more of Dragon Quest X, perhaps, and more besides. While it will be focused on the Japanese market anyone will be able to tune in online, of course, so 8pm Japanese time equates to 4am Pacific / 7am Eastern / 12pm UK / 1pm Europe. At the time of writing no equivalent Nintendo Direct has yet been announced for North America and Europe.

Considering recent history of Nintendo working with third parties to localise more games to the West, we'll certainly be tuning in with interest; we'll show the broadcast and live blog, as always, right here on Nintendo Life. Will you be tuning in?

Thanks to Max for the heads up.

[via nintendo.co.jp, neogaf.com]

ikki5

ikki5 said:

3rd party games.... Nice. But the real question is are we going to get one too as there isn't a lot of 3rd party for Nintendo outside of Japan.

ug, stupid me, this is for 3DS. lol There are more for the 3DS :P

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Going to be on 3DS 3rd party Japan exclusive games. Otherwise they would annouce a NOA direct. I'll just read the recap, no need to tune in.

StaticWind

StaticWind said:

Nice! Reminds me that I haven't gotten a 3DS game in quite some time now. I'm sure there's something there that'll definitely catch my eye.

Blast

Blast said:

Nah.... I luv my 3DS but I really am only caring about Wii U coverage.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

An equivalent Direct for the West?
Iwata: um.........EA are releasing another FIFA rehash...
Thanks for watching!

mozie

mozie said:

Read this on destructoid this morning, hope theres some mention of more sega classics getting a makeover from m2.

Action51

Action51 said:

Ah, this is good.

Many people were complaining about Nintendo neglecting the 3DS to focus on the Wii U. It seemed like something of a valid complaint, but perhaps Nintendo has decided to turn the ship a few degrees and court 3rd party developers more aggressively... starting with the wildly successful 3DS platform.

Let's hope this starts a trend! I think developers need to know that Nintendo gamers aren't going to dump money on cheap ports of games that are popular on other platforms, but if you are willing to put in the effort you can find a large audience willing to spend money on your games.

Mega719

Mega719 said:

3DS is good but honestly the Wii U we care more about to know obviously 3ds is still has it. Come on let's see some Watch Dogs footage

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Seeing as this is Japan orientated I wouldn't expect many games making it over to the west.

ekreig

ekreig said:

Maybe we will see something that has a high chance of being localized. Didn't Atlus tease a new EO game a few weeks ago?

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Okay, I'll watch it. At the very least, it's safe to assume one of the shown titles will cause an outrage and revive region-free demand.

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

Good. Hopefully Nintendo or Konami will shed some light on that "Symphony of the Night 2" rumor.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Hopefully we'll be mostly seeing Final Fantasy Explorers and new monsters for MH4G. None of that DQX streaming crap.

VIIIAxel

VIIIAxel said:

I don't know that I'll watch it, since the only third party games that interest me at the moment are FF Explorers, MH4U, and Dragon Quest. If I don't have anything better to do tomorrow, I might as well.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Maybe information on some new Dragon Quest 3DS games; which makes sense because this is a Japan only Direct. Goes back to sob in the corner.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

@ikki5 in terms of games announced at e3 Wii U had hella a lot compared to the 3DS which only got coverage on Pokemon OrAs and smash

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Is NintendoLife going to cover this tomorrow JP's 3rd party ND? If so thank you in advance! :)

lol. ;)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Thejoe66

Thejoe66 said:

Japanese 3rd party only. In that case I hope that Altus says something about Devil Survivor 2: Break Record instead of acting like the game is dead and forgotten.

dadajo

dadajo said:

Yay... I live in the Pacific time zone so I get the honor of waking up really early to watch this. Does anybody know if Nintendo Life will have a article with the livestream or will I have to find this somewhere on the internet?

TheWPCTraveler

TheWPCTraveler said:

I'm calling this here because Mother is now 25 or so years old.

3D Classics: Mother 1 + 2 + 3 Collection.

Are they really going to squeeze that on a third-party Direct? Sure. As a mic-dropper.

BSFsontails1012

BSFsontails1012 said:

@Splatom
YES! Except, I think it would be best to have a second of a third party character make a second smash debut *cough sonic *cough to get a friend to join him, TAILS (or Knuckles/Silver)!!!!

McGruber

McGruber said:

Just announce a new 3DS already! I've resorted to buying the original PSP so that I have games to play...