Senran Kagura Is Bursting Onto European Store Shelves In February

Posted by Damien McFerran

Digital release coming a day earlier

If you're a fan of fighting games which feature buxom girls who lose their clothes during combat, then you'll want to sit up and take note of this news. MarvelousAQL has confirmed that Senran Kagura Burst will be coming to Europe this February in both physical and digital formats.

A compilation of the first two Senran Kagura titles, Burst was released in North American last year as a 3DS eShop exclusive. It was confirmed last year that Europe would be getting a physical launch as well as digital. The game hits the European eShop on February 27th, with the physical copy arriving in stores the following day.

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson has recently been announced for release in Japan, and is sales in the west are decent enough, we could see that game making the leap in the future.

NintendoNaut

NintendoNaut said:

American here--Been playing Burst, and it's a lot of fun. I like the heavy emphasis on the visual novel portion of the game...Though that does make it kind of a niche title. Anyway, I hope when/if the second game gets localized, they give it a physical release here in the states. When retail games get localized as download-only, I'm not a happy camper.

DarkToonLink

DarkToonLink said:

I wonder if the release in Australia will be eShop only or there will be a physical release as well.

ferthepoet

ferthepoet said:

for those wondering yes the game is worth it for its gameplay even if you don't like the fanservice, I'm really not into ecchi aesthetics but love this game because its simple as good as it gets for 2D beat em ups. Plus is nice for a change that all costumes and extras are unlockable through gaming instead of being sold to you at 0.99 or more the piece

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

@ColdingLight Ha, no. Be happy we got a digital release. No physical release means Fox News won't know about the game and say Nintendo now has adult games on their systems aimed toward kids.

CrimsonMoonMist

CrimsonMoonMist said:

I'm torn. On one hand, I love me some quirky brawlers,
on the other, the fanservice is just extreme on this title...

Great_Gonzalez

Great_Gonzalez said:

It's gonna take a brave man to walk into a shop and pick this up off the shelf.
Also they really should've tried to release it on valentine's day with a slogan along the lines of "who needs a girlfriend when you can spend all night fighting with the senran kagura girls!"

LunaticPandora

LunaticPandora said:

@ColdingLight Now that is so false I don't even know where to start. Chibi-robo, Mario Party 2 months earlier, physical Code of Princess, most Atlus games, the most notorious being a buggy DeSu OC 2 years later, Picross E3 months before us, probably more I'm missing.... you cannot claim that.

Arkabed

Arkabed said:

That's the release date i've been waiting for since last augustus !

Now, still have to wait till 27th february, but at least we do know what !

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

I was thinking of buying it when a sale hit since it's digital only here, but if the company is going to go as far as to put it in english and sell it to a much smaller market in Europe, it's just straight up off my buy list entirely. You cut off my market on a system with region lock, you're cut off from my wallet. I'm sick of companies doing garbage like this.

Deathgaze

Deathgaze said:

@DarkToonLink Totally understandable. Not sure whether or not I want it (Gotta do some more research into it.) I would like a good fighter for the 3DS, but fighters always seem to suffer on Nintendo handhelds. I'm Aussie myself, but if I decide to get it will definitely go for the physical copy.

Blizzia

Blizzia said:

OH. MY. GOD. That box art... I am SO getting the physical version of this game! I might even buy the digital version on feb 27th and play it till my phys version arrives lol! Holy woohoo, can't wait for this!

Anguspuss

Anguspuss said:

@Blizzia Forget the box if my wife read amazon description It would raise a few eyebrows. It is good to see them using the 3ds unique functions tho.
Not to mention its use of the 3DS' unique functions - blow on the 3DS to lift the girls' skirts up and view their… er, key features… in stereoscopic 3D!

Metafalica

Metafalica said:

@Blizzia Why not play the digital and have the physical for display ^^
Im soo gonna preorder this one. Have heard alot of fuzz about it but people say its a good beat em up with a s***load of fanservice, soo it's a sealed deal :D On a second note, MAQL is the same guys that didnt bring RuneFactory 4 to EU right? Shame on them <.<