Video: Watch Eiji Aonuma Harness Link's Power To Evade Sinister Nintendo Of America Goons

Posted by Damien McFerran

With tongue firmly in cheek, of course

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds grants Link the ability to turn himself into a flat painting and therefore stick to walls. This skill is used to good effect in the forthcoming 3DS epic, allowing the player to solve puzzles and reach new areas.

During the recent New York Comic Con, Zelda series head Eiji Aonuma decided to use this new talent to escape the clutches of Nintendo of America representatives, who presumably felt he was bunking off work.

The video below was posted on the eShop and uploaded by Nintendo Everything, and — as you might have gathered by now — is pretty light-hearted in tone. It's nice to see that so many of Nintendo's key staff have a sense of humour.

[via youtube.com]

Goginho

Goginho said:

haha what a guy :D
Shame we won't get a promotional Between Worlds swapnote from him :P

Worthy

Worthy said:

This and the Luigi free running viral should be used as TV Adverts.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Whoa; Aonuma sure has some strange powers! Makes Miyamoto's sword-swinging look tame in comparison, but it's what you need in order to evade Reggie's minions.

Nintendo is such a fun company.

Marshi

Marshi said:

Really pretty cool one of the top executites in nintendo has a sense of humour. I mean could you imagine Jack Tretton pretending to be a Helghast? I think not

ikki5

ikki5 said:

anyone else notice how at the end, it is the same spot where they confirmed the limited edition Zelda 3DS XL :D

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Now thats the side of Nintendo I like to see, not even the upper brass are afraid to goof around and act silly.

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

Looks like this was fun for them to make! On a side note, I would hate running around in a suit like that! ;)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Marshi

I could picture Tretton as Droopy Dog. So emotionless and boring.

But yes, only Nintendo execs do this kind of things. The nice thing of being a "kiddie" company

HappyHappyist

HappyHappyist said:

that was amazing. everyone at nintendo should have a power, and someone should make a game where you can play as nintendo staff trying to escape Comic-Con goons.

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

Aonuma's recent video appearances have revealed that is secretly one hilarious little man.

Zeargo

Zeargo said:

Hahahaha....!! That is so hiliarious! I wish I could see some more vids like this.

bouncer0304

bouncer0304 said:

Cool video :-) Also there was a promo swapnote a few weeks ago before the whole thing got shut down sadly. Hopefully it'll return soon. Loved the video and fun of it all!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Ha ha! I love how Nintendo can sometimes be so playful and silly whereas most companies try to be stuffy and professional!

I wish they would have had Reggie chasing him though. That would have been hilarious!

JuanitoShet

JuanitoShet said:

THAT... THAT is freakin' SWEET. Reminds me of the whacky old-school Nintendo commercials from back in the day. They did an amazing job with this. :)

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Silly but sweet, those are quite possibly the least intimadating antagonists of all time though.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

Hahaha this is co cool! It's awesome that one of the most talented developers such as Aonuma-san has a great sense of humor.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

D: HE FLIMED THE LATER HALF RIGHT BY WHERE I LIVE IM HAPPY BUT UPSET THAT I MISSED HIM ;-;

xSATANACHISTx

xSATANACHISTx said:

I think it is serious that he tries to escape his obligations at Comic Con by using these Zelda tricks. Any reprimands?

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

I've needed the wall-merging ability so many times in the past, to evade bosses... And to sneak up on slackers as a boss myself! ;)