Nintendo has updated its Swapnote application for the 3DS console. The update is available now and weighs in at a modest 81 data blocks, so it shouldn't take long to download. To install the new version of the app, you first must locate it in the 3DS eShop and then click the "To Update Screen" option.
The European version of the app — known as Letter Box — hasn't been updated at the time of writing.
Here's the skinny on all of the new features, as discovered by Utah 3DS StreetPass:
- At first start up, the app will ask if it can send anonymous data about how you use the application to improve future products. Option to enable or opt out available.
- You can now use a different color on each page of a message
- Take photos and record audio while writing, no longer required to import from SD card
- You can now filter your notes by who sent them, to quickly find a note from a certain sender.
- Delete multiple notes at once
- Pressing the 'B' button now has an undo/redo function
- After writing a message, press the 'A' button to see how it will be played back
- A bubble beside each message will indicate how many replies it has received
- (Not sure if this was available before) Slide the Circle pad left to slow down writing/drawing animations from notes, or slide the circle pad right to speed up the animation.
Let us know if you find any other new additions!