eShop Leaks Possible Date For Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move

Posted by Lee Meyer

Coming sooner than we thought?

The Nintendo eShop has listed a release date of 9th May in North America for the upcoming Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, the next title in the long-running Mario vs. Donkey Kong series. It will be the second game of the franchise to be released digitally and as of right now we don't know much about it other than it curiously drops the "vs." in the title.

The series mixes puzzles and platforming with classic arcade-style levels, often tasking the player with guiding toy Marios to a stage's exit. Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis featured the return of Pauline, who hadn't been seen since 1994's Donkey Kong for Gameboy (which is available to download on the eShop virtual console).

While the eShop date is likely reliable, it should be noted that Nintendo hasn't confirmed it. Nintendo will be airing a 3DS-focused Nintendo Direct tomorrow, so perhaps the date will be confirmed soon.

Are you looking forward to Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move? Let us know in the comments section.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'm looking forward to trying this series out once this game releases. I still haven't played the GBA ambassador Mario vs Donkey Kong game though.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'll keep an eye on this. I think the reason why it has "and" instead of "vs." in the title is because Mario and Donkey Kong are going to work together in this game rather than be enemies.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

Huge change in gameplay. I like it. The past few titles all felt nearly the same.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Well there's on piece of news to which we don't need to wait for the Nintendo Direct.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Somehow, I lost interest after March of the Minis. I enjoyed the first game in the Mario vs. DK series the most, but I doubt I'll be picking this one up.

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

Although I wasn't particularly captured by the DSiware game, everyone I showed it to was wowed by it, maybe I need to give it another chance as I haven't finished it. Nonetheless, I love the rivalry between DK and Mario, so I'll check this one out.

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

i am curious about this game, maybe since theres no vs we can play as DK, especially with his game coming soon , hopefully its not to pricey though, somewhere south of ten dollars hopefully

Wilford111

Wilford111 said:

One thing's for sure, if I buy this game my brother will be asking for my 3DS constantly. He's a huge fan of Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

NintendoPro64

NintendoPro64 said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :D

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

I've never played any of the previous entries. I'll most likely get this if the game is quality and good, which most first party Nintendo games are.

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

Can't wait for this. All the games in this series are fantastic, but there seems to be something extra special about this one!

Nautical-Rudie

Nautical-Rudie said:

On tour that day but might have to hunt down a starbucks and leach their wifi! Really like the MvDK series, but I disagree that they've got stale. I think the Minis-based games are much better than the originals, more puzzling less platforming

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

Am I the only one who wants the classic Donkey Kong '94 and Mario Vs. Donkey Kong GBA gameplay to return? It had everything! It had platforming, puzzle solving, so basically a game that would appeal to Mario fans and puzzle fans alike. This... I can't say the same for this. It looks more like a generic puzzler with Mario characters in it, but I'll probably end up buying it and liking it. But imagine Donkey Kong '94/Mario Vs. Donkey Kong GBA gameplay in a 3D view, similar to what they did with the classic 2D Mario games in Super Mario 3D Land! Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants a game with Mario Vs. Donkey Kong GBA gameplay in a 3D platforming view? :(

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

havent played any of these mario vs donkey games yet but plan to when i have the time, maybe when the new one comes out

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

Objection! It will be the third title in the series to see a digital release. (the original Mario vs. DK was a 3DS Ambassador download)

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

@ClassicSonicFan Not at all. I want a new DK94 style game as well.

I was kind of hoping that Hirokazu Yasuhara (director of Sonic 1, 2, and 3) would have pushed to make a new DK94 platformer since he's at NST now.

Now there's someone who should be doing more.

Bazly

Bazly said:

@shinesprite - I think they mean to say it is the second to be an EXCLUSIVELY digital game. If we go by your logic, then it's technically 4th, as DK94 is also available for download! :)

SO excited for this game! I agree with @SparkOfSpirit though, it would be cool to have another DK94 style game too, but I love what they've done with this series regardless. Will definitely be getting this at launch!