Video: Zelda: A Link To The Past Gets Condensed Into Just Four Minutes

Posted by Damien McFerran

One of the best games ever in less time than it takes to eat a burger

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is unquestionably one of the best Zelda instalments, and quite possibly one of the greatest video games ever made.

The games offers hours of top-notch entertainment, but YouTube user vgcuts has managed to cram all of that awesomeness into just four minutes.

He's tackled Link to the Past as part of his growing "Abbreviated Video Game Memories" series, which also includes the likes of EarthBound and Secret of Evermore.

Some might consider it sacrilege to reduce such a legendary game to something as trivial as four minutes of footage, but in our opinion, this is a fun way of reliving one of the most epic adventures in the franchise. Whatever your thoughts, let us know by posting a comment — after you've watched the video below, of course.

[via youtube.com]

dragon_rider

dragon_rider said:

That game has also one of the weirdest glitches that lets you beat the game in less than ten minutes. :D

An excellent game regardless of the exploit.

iPruch

iPruch said:

A week ago I was discussing with a friend which Zelda game was better: Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past. After seeing this video and remembering so many things of ALttP, I have no doubt about it being better than OoT. At least it is for me.

CerberusAzdin

CerberusAzdin said:

Best game, best console, best Nintendo era. This game is what got me into action RPGs back in the day. It's a work of labour and love; from the graphics to the soundtrack. OoT is a masterpiece in its own right, but this game will never age. It be great if we could download it on 3DS.

Thats-what-shy

Thats-what-shy said:

Nuts to that whole: "ONE of my favorites" nonsense, so I'm just going to say it:
MY ALL TIME FAVORITE GAME EVER!

There... I feel much better now.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

I'd love a new 2D game play Zelda for Wii U in HD. And while we're at it, let's do Metroid as well. LUSH graphics please. :)

Torgo

Torgo said:

I always wondered why links hair is pink in this game and no other ones....

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I just finished going through A Link to the Past a few weeks ago. It's certainly a classic.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

I think the real news here is that it takes you over four minutes to eat a hamburger!

Omega

Omega said:

One of the best games ever in less time than it takes to eat a burger

This is false pretenses. I need 30 seconds to eat a standard hamburger from McDonalds. So I need 8 to watch the full video.

Hong

Hong said:

Thank you for posting things like this. Many of us have not seen it before and appreciate it.

DePapier

DePapier said:

A friend of mine was debating that A Link to the Past was better than Ocarina of Time, and since I didn't play the former I assumed he was wrong. But now I have my doubts...

Cranky

Cranky said:

I swapped a copy of Home Alone on the Snes for this:) I remember when I first played it I was really disappointed because I thought that rescuing Zelda at the beginning was the end of the game, silly me. For me this was the game that just kept giving.

antdickensAdmin

antdickens said:

I knew I loved this game, but watching that back brings back so many memories, amazing game! Best in class.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

ah this brings some memories such a interesting game and long one too for a game at that era =p

i never understood link hair color though pink then later yellow o.O

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I agree on the comment about eating a Mcdonalds burger in 2 minutes. Those things hardly have any meat to them :p.

Anyway, I really wish I could watch this video here at work. :p

belmont

belmont said:

When I saw the title I thought that some kind of glitch was found that lets you complete the game in 4 minutes!

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

That was quite fun, actually. I never liked this game, so this video was a godsend for me!

Maybe if they remake it as a 3D Zelda...maybe next gen.

-Crystalline-

-Crystalline- said:

The very first game I ever laid hands on. God, how I miss 2D Zelda games. I wish they'd make more of them.

Bazly

Bazly said:

@Those of you saying what a great game it WAS.

Correction: what it great game it was, IS, and FOREVEr shall be :D.

Cyb3Rnite

Cyb3Rnite said:

"less time than it takes to eat a burger"
I hope you're willing to bet on that, Damien...