The Conduit Getting HD Remake For Mobile Tegra Devices

Posted by Martin Watts

...but will it come to Wii U?

The Nvidia TegraZone website has been updated with game information for the mobile port of High Voltage Software's The Conduit, and it appears that the game will be receiving a HD update. Tegra-based chipsets can be found in smartphones and tablets.

Eric Nofsinger, Chief Creative Officer for High Voltage Software, has been quoted in the game's description on the TegraZone website as saying that the mobile update will surpass the Wii version in terms of visual quality:

"The Conduit HD looks even better than the original! With the power of the Tegra chipset, we are finally able to deliver console-quality visuals on mobile devices."

Unfortunately, there's nothing to suggest that we'll be seeing a HD version for the Wii U any time soon — although it could happen, given the growing popularity of the Wii U eShop. The mobile game's current release date is simply listed as "Q1 2013".

Would you like to see The Conduit return to Wii U in HD form? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via gonintendo.com, tegrazone.com]

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

I loved the Conduit, and would happily purchase it again from the Wii U eShop! So long as it's given a sensible price!

Kosmo

Kosmo said:

<trolling>If it doesn't come to Wii U I won't miss it. It's arguably the worst FPS I ever played: corridors, horrible story, even worst gameplay, I sold it after 5 hours of playing it. No, enduring it. Let us never speak of that steaming pile of garbage again... </trolling>

Mattiator

Mattiator said:

More games on Wii U is a plus, even if it isn't for me. Makes me wish Conduit 2 hadn't bombed so badly that it killed The Grinder.

Grubdog

Grubdog said:

I don't see how this is even playable without the pointer. Whatever, the game needs more press so they can make a Wii U sequel. Conduit 2 was amazing and that ending MUST be continued.

Conduit has always just been Halo with good controls. Nothing special conceptually but incredibly fun.

idork99

idork99 said:

I was interested in the original for the fact that I was sooo looking forward to experiencing a FPS on the Wii with the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo. Years later, I've finally convinced myself and have come to the conclusion that I'm just not a fan of FPS. Not on a PC, not with a home console with a standard controller, not even with motion controls!

efaulk84

efaulk84 said:

What happened to the Animales De La Muerte game that High Voltage was working on?

AVahne

AVahne said:

Lemme guess, mainly for Shield and Ouya while also decent on other Tegra devices.
I'm guessing the T3 version like on Ouya will mostly look the same as the original except displayed at higher resolutions so no more jaggies and maybe slightly higher resolution textures.
T4 versions like on Shield will most likely have the slight improvements of the T3 version but also with some improved shader techniques and lighting effects. Unless they decide to overhaul the graphics for T4 and also improve the models as well. But I doubt they'll go through that much trouble for an HD port.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I liked Conduit 1 pretty well, but I doubt I'd buy it again. Conduit 3, however, might be a different story.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

I have to say, the textures in the screen shots on the website look awful for what is supposed to be a HD game. I could understand the Wii not looking that good for obvious reasons, but the buildings on the HD version look like early PS2 graphics, only shinier.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

I already both Conduit 1 & 2 for my Wii so I'll probably won't be interested in this but a sequel for the Wii U following this is would had been better.

AVahne

AVahne said:

@bulby1994
It's just an HD port of the game. As in HD resolution. They'll perhaps bump the textures, but that's just about it.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I liked the original for the old-school Doom-style gameplay with modern touches and the tight Wii pointer controls which were rarely equalled in the level of customisation offered players.

I thought the silly tone of the second game hurt it a bit, but I'd still be up for a sequel - especially if the competition is doing dual-stick nonsense.

Burn

Burn said:

I would totally repurchase The Conduit if it came to the Wii U eShop!
I still hop online, every now and then, to play Conduit 2 multiplayer :)

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

...but does anyone care?

The only reason Conduit had even the slightest hint of popularity (the level of popularity of a mid-level 3DS eShop game) was because of Wii's pointer controls.

Jellitoe

Jellitoe said:

This game was OK, but since I got Crysis 2, never went back to it. Definitely would not buy this again especially at Wii U game prices..

Tender_Cutlet

Tender_Cutlet said:

Was so disappointed by the first Conduit - it would now take some impressive, impartial reviews to bring me back to the series. Until then I'm burdened with memories of droll corridors, bland cliches for character models, and one of the worst online services of the Wii era. What should have been the launchpad for the Wii Speak accessory turned out to be it's death warrant before it had ever got off the ground. It'll take more than an HD lick of paint to fix that mess of code IMO.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

They just need to make a new game. I bought this game for $5 at Gamestop. I'd rather have the motion controls than HD anyday. It doesn't even look that much different honestly.

siavm

siavm said:

Did not like or finish it. The wii u needs quality games. That is probably why this is on mobiles and not on real hd consoles with controllers that have buttons.

Neram

Neram said:

Who cares, it was an atrocious game anyway. I hope it stays away from Wii U.

timp29

timp29 said:

Was this game any good the first time around? I remember there being lots of hype, and I was keen, but got talked out of purchasing it by this site.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

the first Conduit game was actually pretty good. Though it felt like a generic first person alien conspiracy game, it played well and the online multiplayer worked when it wanted to :P

I never bought the second one because of all the horrible reviews it got.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

@29 Some reviews for the first game trashed it but it went overboard and after playing it single player and online, it was better than I thought it would be. It wasn't perfect but I played it more than Medal of Honor: Heroes 2.

Transdude1996

Transdude1996 said:

In all honesty, I really enjoyed playing the first Conduit game. Never got around to playing the second one though. I think it would be great if they did release this game on the Wii U eShop and then come back and release the 3DS port of the second game.

Transdude1996

Transdude1996 said:

Also, as far as getting the game on Android, I think that it's possible that I'l buy it. That way I can play it on the go and play it at home when it comes out.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'd like to see this game make it's way to Wii U. I still haven't played it on the Wii though so if it doesn't get ported to Wii U I could always get the original. Well, only if this game isn't horrible. I haven't checked too many reviews of it yet.

Transdude1996

Transdude1996 said:

Nevermind, I don't have a Tegra mobile which means the only portable playing of Conduit that I'll get is the 3DS Conduit 2 port when it releases.

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

Eh...the controls will most likely be horrible; like almost every other phone game I've played.

Personally, I enjoyed the Conduit games. They were a nice novelty for the Wii; FPS games that pumped-out some technically (though not artistically) impressive visuals.

Also, the pointer controls are still the best FPS control method. I can't believe a super machine like PS4 is still relying on thumbsticks...

Meaty-cheeky

Meaty-cheeky said:

@Kage_88 I disagree Kage thumb stick controls at the moment are still superior over Motion controls for FPS games. Motion controls work great for a lot of game, (like Mario Galaxy and Zelda Skyward Sword) so don’t get me wrong, but for FPS games there still to buggy. Motion controls have gotten better thanks to Wii Motion Plus, but there still needs to be more work done until motion and pointer controls be up to par with Keyboard / Mouse and Tradition Thumb stick controllers for FPS competitive play.

Meaty-cheeky

Meaty-cheeky said:

And yes cell phone games in most cases have horrible controls; I never play the games on my phone especially since I have a 3DS.

MakeMyBiscuit

MakeMyBiscuit said:

It is AMAZING the hate this game gets :(

I got Conduit 1 & 2 and LOVE them both! I still play them on my Wii so I don't need a Wii U version but I hope this does well so it paves the way for The Grinder.

SuperSah

SuperSah said:

I got Conduit 1. Even got the collector's edition, but it just wasn't a brilliant game. I'd give a a 7/10 because the controls were excellent, gameplay was pretty decent too. Just the super slow matchmaking of five minutes and predictable story let the game down. Not to mention the lack of weaponry. Most people just used the rocket-launcher since it was over-powered at best. Though if they continue their plans for Conduit 3DS, i'll be interested.