Nintendo Announces Mint White 3DS XL For Japan

Posted by Orla Madden

Tomodachi Collection bundle coming, too

During Nintendo's latest Japanese Nintendo Direct, the company announced a brand new minty fresh colour to its ever expanding 3DS colour collection — a Mint White 3DS LL (XL in the West). The new addition will release in Japan on the 18th April, and will retail for 18,900 Yen (approx. €150 / £131 / $196).

Nintendo didn't announce just one new 3DS LL, but two during the presentation. Arriving on the very same day as the Mint White handheld is a hardware bundle for upcoming 3DS title Tomodachi Collection, featuring white casing and green chat bubbles. It symbolizes the game it's representing, as Tomodachi Collection is a communication game allowing you to interact with other Miis. It'll come pre-installed on the system, and will be sold for 22,800 Yen (approx. €181 / £158 / $236).

Would you like to see either of these colours venture to the West? Let us know, as always.

[via siliconera.com, engadget.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

Doesn't really work for me...
It seems that nearly every colour could go better with black up the top rather than white.
Every system that is something + white looks pretty ugly.
Even with black though, it's not a very nice colour.

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

Just when you think there can't be any more 3DS LL color options in Japan, guess again! I wonder if all of these 3DS models are making collectors happy or angry.

Jollykarp

Jollykarp said:

This reminds me of that mint DSLite that everyone seemed to have back in the day

I've always disliked that colour though. It looked like a bar of soap :(

Uriel_PikpikVII

Uriel_PikpikVII said:

"During Nintendo's latest Japanese latest Nintendo Direct, "
That second latest shouldn't be there. Grammar police out.

domdom87

domdom87 said:

I think I've seen more 3DS (and XL) colours/editions in 2 years than DS colours/editions in 8.

neumaus

neumaus said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's nice? >.> Both of them are nice...
And the white inside color is SO MUCH BETTER than the black one.
I hope we get the animal crossing one cause I'd really love to have that! (Even if I have to buy it off ebay.)

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

That's a better color option than the Blue/Red that's currenly available in NA, in my opinion.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Can we in Na/europe get a special edition that japan can't get, I mean really, they all sorts of colours and editions that might not come to the west and that is lame, and this goes to the games that japan got over there which is not here, even the crappy shovelware we got here goes there.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

US - a neutral color please for 3DS XL? I'd probably own one right now. Maybe that's a sad commentary on my values, but I'd really like a black, white, or pearl with a tint, or something that is not primary red or blue or pink or bright yellow.

This is almost there, but not quite.

Shiromikio

Shiromikio said:

Mint white is all right, almost a complementary to the pink XL. While I wouldn't have chosen the mint white colour for the Tomodachi Collection design (the colours should be more vibrant), it still looks very nice.

I still prefer the white version.

Icefreak45

Icefreak45 said:

I really like both the models. Nintendo, why you no love us enough to give us more colors West :(

NintendoFanBoy8

NintendoFanBoy8 said:

Why they don't make new colors for the regular 3ds that came out in 2011, i dont want the big ugly xl 3ds sheeesh!!!!!!!!!!

NintendoFanBoy8

NintendoFanBoy8 said:

Is it so freaking hard to make some new colors for USA , it look like they cater to lame Japan, make new colors for the regular 3ds not xl.

briwipdx

briwipdx said:

so fresh and so clean. gimme more colors.
its the perfect compliment to the light pink here.
release this minty fresh one then 3 "special ed." : Animal Crossing, Pikachu Pokemon and SMT IV. please and thanx.

MAXIMUS

MAXIMUS said:

I really would like to hear NOA's answer for limiting the US market to the same two options since launch. Very strange.