Two Brothers Making Its Way To The Wii U eShop

Posted by Orla Madden

One to watch?

Indie developers Ackkstudios got the approval to be a Wii U developer this week, and has announced that its first project is to port over Two Brothers to the Wii U eShop next year.

The game is inspired by 8-bit action RPGs and GameBoy games, with the aim of combining modern gaming concepts and a classic feel to bring about a unique and fun style. The gameplay is similar to games like Secret of Mana and The Legend of Zelda. You take on the role of Roy Guarder, a young inventor who begins to obsess with the idea of finding new colour for the monochrome Earth after having a near death experience. Roy's brother soon joins him on his quest, and so your adventure begins.

The game began as a Kickstarter project, reaching $16,257 out of its goal of $6,000.

We look forward to hearing more about Two Brothers and seeing whether it's one to watch for the future. Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

[via notenoughshaders.com]

From the web

BlueBandanaJake

BlueBandanaJake said:

YES! Man I as so hoping this would come to a Nintendo console somehow, been following these guys for a while now and this game looks sooooo amazing!

Void

Void said:

I'll see how it turns out, but I'm not really interested.

Knux

Knux said:

First time I heard of this game, and I'm beyond interested in it.

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

Missingno?... And a smiley in the game's dialog box? I can see this game doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Pogocoop

Pogocoop said:

This is so cool looking!!!!(and sounding for that matter , Them tunes <3)
I love The fact that the WiiU is getting so many excellent Indie Titles!!

hijiroshime

hijiroshime said:

anyone else notice that most of the sound effects are from the handheld zelda titles? links awakening, oracle of ages/seasons

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

it does seem like the 3DS would be a much better fit for this game, judging from the concept/inspiration and these images. i wonder if they've got something up their sleeves for it since they went Wii U?

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

It looks fun, but I'm getting tired of these inde games, making their game look like classic old game, it been done too many times, and it feels like beating a dead hourse.

antipop621

antipop621 said:

Looks clever and like something I'd like to play. But I have grown somewhat tired of indie games that are style over substance or really short but insanely difficult.

RR529

RR529 said:

Hopefully they announce it for 3DS sometime as well, because It'll be awhile before I'm able to get a Wii U.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

I think Nintendo should make them change those "ripped straight from Link's Awakening" sound effects.

Shock_Tart

Shock_Tart said:

lol i was hoping i would read somewhere in it that it could come to 3ds eshop as well. i cant afford a wii u yet lolz. awesome looking game tho

JRPGer

JRPGer said:

This looks right up my alley, especially since I have been in retro mode (I'm actually playing Secret of Mana right now on my SNES). After my first couple Wii U games, I'll be checking this out.

theoldman

theoldman said:

I cant even begin to express how happy I am that the retro style is making a comeback. This game looks incredible, completely unique. Cant wait!

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I have little love for old-school RPGs, but for some reason I find the title screen quite striking. I'm smitten. Let's hope it turns out okay. Really excited to see such small devs get a chance on Wii U.

Volmun

Volmun said:

this looks intresting the plot reminds me a bit of "3D DOT Game Heros" on the PS3 and the game play looks like old Zelda i think il be geting this looks grate

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I agree that, given the obvious Game Boy influence, it looks like it would be a better fit for the 3DS, but either way, I definitely have my eye on this now.