Nintendo Invades Scribblenauts Unlimited

Posted by Shaan Joshi

Characters from Legend of Zelda and Mario to make appearances

Recently 5th Cell teased Nintendo fans with a mysterious image which hinted that a few well-known characters would be making an appearance in the upcoming Scribblenauts Unlimited. Now Warner Bros. has revealed that a handful of characters and items from the Legend of Zelda and Mario series will be featured exclusively in the Wii U version of the game.

Here's the full scoop:

Players will delight in producing fantastical and sometimes hilarious interactions between the Mario and Legend of Zelda characters and objects, alongside everyone’s favorite word-wielding Scribblenauts adventurer, Maxwell. Discovered Nintendo characters and objects will behave in the fun and fantastical ways they do in their respective game worlds.

Unfortunately you won't be able to apply adjectives to Nintendo objects according to Game Informer's Jim Reilly (via Twitter), so don't even think about making Epona into a flaming unicorn.

@geoffkeighley Warner says you cannot apply adjectives to the Nintendo characters.

Nevertheless, are you as excited as we are to chase down a Goron while riding Yoshi?

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

I believe someone I read guessed all of these right. Good job whoever. I guessed the Mario side at least. :p

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I got most of them. Goron was really unexpected. Looks like this is on my already full radar.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Please give us Kirby, Starfox, Pikmin, Pokemon, Metroid, Wario, Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, & Kid Icarus characters too.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

We can't apply adjectives to any Nintendo characters? Well that sucks...

At least we can give them all shotguns!

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!

I was right! Now stroke my ego everyone!

Wait a minute........Wii U only......What about the 3DS version ;_;

Curse you 5th cell! The editor and nintendo characters are Wii U only!

Why must you be so cruel! I want to spend 20$ less on the game and get that case and stylus for my 3DS ;_______________________;

TheLohoped

TheLohoped said:

No adjectives for them? But how do I make giant evil Luigi fight flying firebreathing Yoshi then?

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

That's cool! I was on the fence about this one, but this news has edged me closer to picking it up at launch.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Well I this is kind of annoying that is only for the Wii U and I didn't have plans to buy that version...Oh well I am still getting it on the 3DS.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Nobody's said it?
I love how the Mario characters are a mesh of the Paper Mario and Scribblenauts art style!

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Wh-wha...? But I'm only getting the 3DS version! I can't afford a Wii U! This really, really sucks. A lot.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I'm definately intrigued by this game now, but I've never played a Scribblenauts game before. Is it a kind of puzzle platformer or something?

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

These look like a good group Nintendo characters. I wonder why they didn't put Ganondorf in with the other Zelda characters.

Grodus

Grodus said:

Oh, I was so confident the Yoshi prediction in Nintendo Life's article was wrong, now I feel dumb. I still don't understand how you guys left out Mario and Luigi. And I was wondering about Epona's body. And I have something much better than chasing a Goron while on a Yoshi. Having a race on Yoshis with Luigi, a Goron, and link on an Epona-Yoshi. Can't wait!

Dodger

Dodger said:

I've already dressed my character up as Link in Super Scribblenauts before. I hope some of the Nintendo characters are unlockable avatars. Doubt it though.

I'm not surprised that adjectives won't work. I doubt Nintendo wants you to be able to make pregnant versions of their flagship characters.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Everyone seems to have guessed these right mostly. Its always really neat when third party games incorporate ideas or characters from the system its on. So that makes this game and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U addition so far, the games with the Nintendo themed features added in. So cool! :D

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Nintendo is finally figuring out what will get Nintendo fans to buy 3rd party games. Stick Nintendo stuff in those games! It's called the Soul Calibur II rule.

Alphack3r

Alphack3r said:

:'D That's totally my favorite Zelda design! Minish Cap has always been my personal favorite for art in the Zelda series :3 :3 :3

Squid

Squid said:

Yes, I knew it was a Goron! Unfortunately I was planning on getting this for 3DS... Eh, I probably still will. If those will be the only characters that they'll add, then it's no big deal if I don't get the Wii U version.

AntiGuy

AntiGuy said:

Why just Mario and Zelda??? Include all Nintendo characters for buck's sake!!