Charles Martinet Interviewed At Random During Security Breach

Posted by Orla Madden

But they have no idea who he is

One of the many advantages of being a video game voice actor is that you can walk down the street without anyone giving you so much as a second look. However, when you're the voice actor of one of the most iconic characters in gaming, it's a different story altogether - which is why we were very surprised to see Charles Martinet interviewed by pure coincidence on an Australian news channel, not knowing they were talking to the Italian plumber himself.

Charles was set to fly out of Melbourne Airport but the international departure terminal was evacuated after airport staff reported that a “mysterious package” was discovered. Luckily this turned out to be a false alarm, and immediately Australia’s Channel Seven News arrived on the scene where they interviewed several random people about the incident; Charles being one of them. We hope he made it back to the Mushroom Kingdom without any further delays!

Martinet was recently at EB Expo in Australia, where we he took the time out of his busy schedule to speak to us, and leave a message for our readers.

Watch the video clip below, Charles can be found for a brief moment at 0:12.

Thanks Mario_Party_Fan_999 for the tip!

[via vooks.net]

TheRegginator

TheRegginator said:

Is famous. Gets interviewed for something completely unrelated to said fame. This guy is just plain lucky.

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

That's fantastic. He should have ended on "let's-a go" and got on the plane

edhe

edhe said:

I doubt it would have been that considerate to start asking him about Mario when the story was about a possible terrorist attack.

In that sense, the reporting team could have known who he was anyway but decided the story should go first.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Hahahaha what an epic fail news team hahaha. & he definitely should've said "letsa go!" or something for a laugh hahaha

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

This takes the perks of being an video game actor too far, does it? I'm sure he felt amused in an otherwise tense moment there.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Yeah you posted my tip. :D Love this video, it seems Charles Martinet replied to the video on YouTube saying,
"I did a whole bunch in Mario voice! But they just used the one sentence...
I said "Australia is numba one!!!!"... the reporter and camera guy were great... but I think their producer just wanted a short thing. Too bad!
Not sure if it's legit but awesome nonetheless. :P

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

lol This is hilarious! Not the situation, of course, but the fact that they asked Martinet a few questions, without knowing that he was the voice of Mario! XD

Also, I think this is deserving of the "WTF" tag.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

@DarkEdi OBJECTION!
I'm pretty sure that account is a hoax, though. It seems like some random guy made it just to comment on that one video, because as you can see, he made the account the day the video was uploaded. It's still funny that a hoax commented, though! XD

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

This happened to the lady from Little People Big World before too. I don't think it's that uncommon. There's bound to be a celebrity at random every once in a while.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I don't think I had heard Martinet's real voice before.

I once was interviewed like this at a local channel and they asked me for my name at the end, so I think they may have done the same and realized who he was.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Did they really search well enough! I guess there is a ? box somewhere, with a 1-up mushroom inside! Probably dropped by Martinet!

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

LOL, I was thinking ? box as well... they just didn't jump in the right spot :D

Glad it wasn't a terrorist attack. What an interesting life Charles Martinet has.