Monster Hunter News Teased by Capcom Community Representative

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

North American hunters on alert

The release of Monster Hunter 3 G and the confirmation of Monster Hunter 4 have been contributing factors to making 3DS the must-have handheld console in Japan. When 3 G was released it contributed to week-one 3DS console sales that surpassed the actual launch of the system, and the game itself passed 1.5 million sales earlier in the year.

Despite this, news on a potential Western release has been practically non-existent, despite the fact that Capcom went to such efforts to release Monster Hunter Tri worldwide on Wii; that was possibly the biggest, most substantial online title on the system. The lack of news has made us wonder, in Nintendo Life towers, whether the first 3DS title will arrive on western shores at all, or whether we'll be waiting until after Spring 2013 when MH4 hits Japan.

Despite this, Capcom enjoys a good tease, and a blog post from Yuri Araujo, a new Associate Online/Community Specialist at Capcom U.S., has said the following on capcom-unity.com.

I actually joined as a user specifically to inquire (read: complain) about the situation regarding Monster Hunter 2 (dos) Western release back in 2005/06 - so I know exactly how it feels to be lacking a new MH game for a while... patience is a virtue, right? Eventually it pays off somehow... we'll have something veeeeery soon.

He goes on to introduce himself further and show off the fact that he's a full-blown Monster Hunter fanatic. Of course he could be referring to something other than the 3DS games — though that's unlikely — but let's engage our hype-mode and speculate about which MH announcement he could mean. So, what do you expect Capcom to announce 'soon'?

[via capcom-unity.com]

Related Games

BenAV

BenAV said:

I expect Monster Hunter 4 to eventually be released outside of Japan, but probably not 3 G.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

They're going to announce Monster Hunter 3G is being released worldwide on the 1st of August as a surprise gift...or was that just a dream I had?

c1pher_c0mplet

c1pher_c0mplet said:

I'll tell you guys what: even though I'm still fuming from Capcom cancelling my Mega Man Legends 3 (which is actually one of the main reasons why I even got a 3DS in the first place), a Monster Hunter 3DS game would look absolutely KILLER on those large 3DS XL screens! Hopefully we hear something soon.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

Haven't they been saying stuff like this for months now? There have been more teases than announcements.

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

Come over here pleeeeeeeease! At this point, I don't care if it has WiFi or not. I just want to play Monster Hunter on my 3DS.

corvus

corvus said:

It could be MH3G or they could announce MHP3/MHP3HD for PSP/Vita/PS3 for western release and either one would work for me... Well more like MHP3HD since no PSP or Vita

CerberusAzdin

CerberusAzdin said:

Bought a Ice White Japanese 3DS from ebay and it arrived today, just waiting for MH3G to arrive soon too. Chances 4 will be launched worldwide but again, anything could happen. Couldn't/wouldn't wait so screw it. Best game ever so just release 'a' monster hunter please Capcom!

siconlol

siconlol said:

I'm not even having hopes, capcom has been in major stupid mode so I might As well put any hopes up for this one

Edge_Diest

Edge_Diest said:

As long as it pays off, I'm happy. As long as this game doesn't end like Guns and Roses's Chinese Democracy, I'm cool

Xilef

Xilef said:

Getting MHG3 to the west would be AWESOME, but if anything, i'm hoping for MH4 to come here. :)

Ispheria

Ispheria said:

i wish people would stop begging for the game on Vita, i mean, theres a reason they are making it for the 3DS. the 3DS is selling so much better than all the other systems there's really no incentive to make it for anything else. plus, the even psp is selling better than the Vita, so if they are going to make it for anything other than the 3ds you'd think it would be for the psp

BRAINFOX

BRAINFOX said:

@Ispheria If anything, they should at release Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD for Vita over here. Capcom teased everyone with how much better it was on it and they still haven't bothered to do anything about releasing it worldwide when the Vita is in desparate need for more titles. I don't have a 3DS or a Vita myself, but I would gladly buy one of each once these games are announced. Preferably, if it was one of those awesome bundles!

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

If this is announced, it'll instantly topple Kingdom Hearts: DDD as the top of my list of games to get.

damascus

damascus said:

I want to believe this, but they've been dilly dallying about 3G for a long time that I think they are just being polite in saying 'No 3G for j00 lulz'.

And who is this new recruit and why is he special? What does he has that the previous guy didn't already say? Now I'm just thinking they are just keeping the interest there because frankly everyone's beginning to not care with MH. Then they realized that and said 'Oh crud. Quickly! Dangle a carrot!'.

It's like Super Meat Boy. I always think they deliberately used Nintendo fans to flog their game when in fact they weren't really releasing it for any Nintendo platform. <-- Just my stupid conspiracy theory self though.

I hope I'm wrong though. That would make me happy.

Shock_Tart

Shock_Tart said:

yeah, i really dont belive what capcom says anymore unless i actually see some action.