Mega Man is Going to Blast 3DS Virtual Console

Posted by James Newton

In Japan at least

NES classic Mega Man is coming to the 3DS Virtual Console in Japan next week.

The Blue Bomber's legendary 8-bit adventure lands in Japan on 18th July for 500 Yen — around £3.99 or $6.30 — but expect the pricing to be slightly different when it reaches the West.

If you're interested in playing some Mega Man on the go but don't fancy waiting for this NES version, you should check out our Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge review to see if this Game Boy title is worth picking up.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

MikeDanger

MikeDanger said:

I WILL get it. This is at least top 10 of the best Nes games ever released. And has aged better than Zelda & others. Zelda of course being #1 but hasn't aged to well.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Technically, Rock Man is going to blast the 3DS Virtual Console, in Japan. :)

I'm also hoping Mega Man comes to the west on Virtual Console, the NES games are classics. VC fringe benefits like savestates or resumed games are also a necessity for games that lack battery save options, let alone a password system as was the case in the first game.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

Oh for the love of... I'd rather they quit porting NES games already available on Wii Virtual Console and / or various anthologies and start bringing out more Game Boy / Game Boy Color / Game Gear / Game Boy Advance titles. Mega Man GG, Mega Man II - III - IV, Mega Man Xtreme, Battle Network, etc etc etc anyone???

Yasume

Yasume said:

Great! I hope they decide to release all classic MM games over here. I'd buy them all again in a heartbeat.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Aw man! When I first read the title, I thought it was a new Mega Man, until I digested the "Virtual Console" part. Will we ever see a new Mega Man game again???

1wiierdguy

1wiierdguy said:

Nintendo really needs an account system, pronto. I'd snap up Megaman again IF I could also play it later on Wii U without paying again.

Darel18

Darel18 said:

So no 3DS classics...? Too expensive for the same exact thing.

Too bad Capcom... Too bad

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

That's good, but its a shame its not a 3D Classic (Where have those gone all of a sudden?).

But Capcom, don't forget you have the finish the original series on the Wii VC with 6, 7 and somehow 8, as well as continue the GB line... ;P

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I'd be more interested in a "3D Classics" run of classic Mega Man titles, but this is neat too. What I'm really holding out for on the eShop, though, is Mega Man V.

I think I may be waiting a while. :p

Mike1

Mike1 said:

I would rather have the Mega Man games for the GB that aren't available yet, and stop releasing games that are already available for the Wii and other collections. If this is what the 3DS VC is going to turn into, where they just release Wii VC games, it's going to be one big failure.

GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint said:

I knew it was a matter of time until this happened, but I was really hoping to see MM6, MM7, MMX3 (on the Wii) and the remaning four GB games (on the 3DS) out before Capcom started it all over again.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

5 dollars for the Original Mega Man? Come to the states [on 3DS VC] if you want my money Mega Man.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Got this one on both the Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Wii VC so I probably won't get it here. Would it had been cool if we could just transfer the one on Wii VC to 3DS VC instead?

Knux

Knux said:

Sweet, but I don't know if I'll get this or not since you can already download Mega Man 1-3 off of PSN to your PSP.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Already have it on the Wii's VC(And plan on getting the NES cart), so I see no point in getting it again even if it 'is' on the go...And the same goes for all of these other NES Titles that were already released on the Wii. Too bad this wasn't 3D: ClassicFIED because if so I'd download this mega sucker in a LionO heart beat! B-)

Anyways, MM1 is one of the greatest in the franchise, yet nowhere near as tough as most people claim, Personally, i feel that it's the 2nd easiest in the franchise with *MM5& taking the number 1 spot. I'm also one of the few who adores Ice Man. :p

On another yet simular note, where in the Mighty Max is Mega Man 6 already? Ahh, no matter it shall soon be mine on Cart in a little over a week. B-)

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

In my opinion, all six NES Megamans are stooopid hard. Remember, the 3DS VC emulator utilizes save states with unlimited resumes; Wii VC does not. That should be a huge boon to players who simply can't get past a certain spot: you could save once per room, and simply retry said room until you get it right. That's how TAS'ers do it, along with other tricks, and now with save states, it is possible, with perseverance, for anyone to beat any game!

XD375

XD375 said:

I have much superior portable versions of the first four games on PSP already as the PS1 versions of the Rockman games are being released on the PlayStation Store.

The best part? I can also play them on my PS3 because with Sony, you only have to pay once to play your games on all your consoles.

I love Nintendo a heck of a lot more than Sony, but it just seems like they're being greedy now. Those who bought the Wii release of this game should have it on 3DS already.

Starzsixty9

Starzsixty9 said:

If they make it a 3D classics title than YES!!!! If just a VC title... yes but with less enthusiasm :p Megaman on the go is always a god thing :)

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

It took Capcom 25 YEARS to get a full classic Mega Man game ported perfectly to a handheld...

Jeezus.

mega

mega said:

I WILL get this. Day 1. But i wish they would do MM 2 instead.

eleven59

eleven59 said:

Xd375 not entirely true. Still waiting for ps1 support on vita and last I checked you had to buy both console versions of neo geo games (metal slug for ex)

TheBigHamlin

TheBigHamlin said:

They need to do 1 through 6 and 9 and 10 in 3D. Then I would rebuy them all. Add f zero, nes tecmo superbowl with updated teams and players [can't happen cause of jerks at E.A., but its my fantasy, so screw 'em] and super metroid, all in 3D would be pretty sweet.

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

No thanks. I prefer to play megaman on the GCN. Plus I have really overplayed all the NES megaman in almost every possible thing...DS, cellphone, GBA, PS1 & 2...etc.
Might actually consider getting it, since I love playing things in the 3DS, but will not be anywhere soon. (or if they make a 3D thing, I will surely get it.)