E3 2012: Reggie Confirms Fire Emblem Awakening for America

Posted by James Newton

Everybody gets a turn

Although there was no mention of it during last night's 3DS software showcase, Fire Emblem: Awakening is coming to North America.

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime confirmed to IGN the turns-based strategy RPG will make it across the Atlantic, but at the moment we don't know any more.

Nintendo Europe recently confirmed the game for Europe in 2012. We'll keep you posted on further developments.

[via twitter.com]

ToadFan

ToadFan said:

I'm really excited for the game, but I think they should have announced it during the 3DS conference.

Darel18

Darel18 said:

Second game in my list for 3DS: FE: Awakening and Castlevania.
Now give us Advance Wars plz :D

Koos

Koos said:

After playing Ghost Recon for the 3DS, which is one of the most amazing games ever developed in history IMO, I can't wait for another turn based game.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Great to hear, made this year's E3 a lot better, even if it was an accidental announcement.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

Despite having 4 conferences, they never had the time to announce Fire Emblem or Professor Layton?

Sonicman

Sonicman said:

Cheers! Was really upset about this not being announced, craving a good RPG >.<.

Dodger

Dodger said:

Except Pikmin 3 and Paper Mario Sticker Star, the games I really want weren't announced. Game and Wario, Animal Crossing (oh, how I've waited. I will cry if they delay this one to 2013) and Fire Emblem 3D. Seriously. They would of had time if that Nintendo Land thing was cut in half. Thanks for giving me 3 long looks at the hub world.

Dynetheous

Dynetheous said:

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! i cant stop crying :) second best game series ever

Objection

Objection said:

I actually heard a rumor that this got announced by accident and now NOA is just stuck doing it lol.

This is prolly the best news Nintendo had, and it didn't happen at E3 haha what even.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Reggie just stopped me from shattering my ipod. THANK YOU for revealing Fire Emblem! Now we can relax about that one for this year. I still think E3 2012 was great, BUT WHERE WAS ANIMAL CROSSING AND WARIO LAND VC AT E3?????

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I'm actually knida glad about this. Now I get to find out whether or not it was the perma-death that ruins this series, or if they're just really boring games.

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

Reggie messed up this year. Why didn't he tell that at the 3DS showcase or at the main E3 presentation is a mystery... but hey, Fire Emblem! Woo!

ueI

ueI said:

This could be the first Fire Emblem I buy (Sacred Stones was free)!

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

I feel that Nintendo dropped the ball during the conferences. A lot of stuff was left out and major announcements were told quietly afterwards.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

I can't figure out why N believes that the West is not interested in FE? Over in Japan it's #1, here they treat its shovelware. the Imagine Series gets more coverage here than FE? WTF?. BTW I can't think of a better game to use spotpass on than Fire Emblem.. spotpass fights, exchange items, weapons etc...This is an auto pre-order. Now for Advance wars..

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

@koos If you liked Clancys GR, (speaking of turn-based), you should like Advance Wars, Here's hoping for a 3d version with spotpass use of some sort.
Those are the only two I care about on the whole platform. AW ; never ending fun...literally.

TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy said:

I'm so happy I could do a goddamn backflip! This is easily the best news of E3, if not the whole year.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Some of the most exciting news to come out of E3 and Nintendo doesn't even bother to include it in their 3DS press conference. Oh well, just as long as it is coming then I am a happy camper.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Haha, James, you should write "North America" in the title. I don't think they plan to put Fire Emblem in only the US. ;)

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Why Nintendo didn't announce this at E3 is anyone's guess, but hell yeah it's finally coming. Now let's just pretend the remake one that was stuck in Japan the year before never existed.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

This is the best news to come out of E3 in my view. With all the 3DS games coming this year, I'm sorry to say it, but I won't be needing a Wii U anytime soon.