Kid Icarus 3D Anime Hits North America This Week

Posted by James Newton

Two-parter inbound

Europe got a Shaun the Sheep 3D episode this week; North America gets a two-part 3D anime based on Kid Icarus: Uprising. We'll leave you to decide who got the better end of the deal.

3DS owners in North America can power up their Nintendo Video applications to find the first (and, depending on when you read this, second) part of Thanatos Rising from Production IG sees Pit chase down the God of Death to stop it destroying a city. Just another day for Pit, let's face it.

The first part was released on 8th March with the second instalment due to land today.

[via nintendo.com]

Samholy

Samholy said:

its ok. too bad it doesnt last too long. a longer cg movie could be amazingly good. Characters are strongly built.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

When this does come to Europe I'll download Nintendo video as until the Kid Icarus: Uprising anime videos were announced, I didn't care for Nintendo video.

SBOY

SBOY said:

@Aqueous you don't miss anything big on this... It's not that great really... Almost nothings happen and the story is too short...

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

Part 1 isn't so bad although it looks like they pulled their character models straight from the game and didn't bother to turbosmooth any of them (obviously low poly count). I'll be happy to see the conclusion of this neat little short.

SBOY

SBOY said:

@Aqueous did you get the notification ? I've got a blue light in the middle of the night to tell me it was there and when I open it, it was in fact there...

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

Just got it and watched it. Everything looks great except for Pit and every mouth. Plus the voice acting is mediocre.

CapedGodot

CapedGodot said:

My 3DS decided to tell me about this at one in the morning, while I was trying to sleep. I was not happy.

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

I just watched part 1, I thought it was pretty good. Like others have mentioned it's short, but really liked it. I wonder if it'll see an e-shop release?

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Judging from the first episode of Shaun the Sheep i'd gladly trade it for this. Especially if it's anywhere near the Kirby 3D videos.
But i'm still optimistic it will come to Europe shortly before the game releases. It's getting so much coverage now i don't think they'll let this one slip.

Hejiru

Hejiru said:

I never even knew the first part was released. I just checked Nintendo Video; I don't see anything about Kid Icarus. (I'm in North America)

AbuJaffer

AbuJaffer said:

I can't see NA's or EU's. Nintendo apparently has everywhere else locked down so I won't be able to see any of the movies. I knew this before, but I was guessing it was because of licensing issues; here the game content is pure Nintendo, so no licensing with other companies or anything.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Ha! I knew (and watched) this before the website did! Second part is coming out today? Odd, I just had a dream last night that all the segments for the episode came out at the same time. Guess my dream wasn't that off at all.

Chobi

Chobi said:

Yeah, you guys got Shaun the Sheep 3D! Now my day is ruin! Thanks James.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Europe got the far better deal. Especially since I would bet they're getting the Uprising shorts as well.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I got it just recently and enjoyed it. The Trojan Horse tanks were a clever idea.

Part two must be just around the corner, if not already available.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Sounds good! However, Shaun the sheep was a huge letdown. Only 1 minute 13 long?! You must be kidding, Nintendo!!

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

@Henmii Guess how many models it makes to make Shaun the sheep and other stop motion animations to be perfect and timed.

Squid

Squid said:

Did anyone laugh as much as I did when Pit randomly screamed "THANATOOOOSS!!!!" for no reason?

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I watched part 2 today, and it appears to be getting better with every new entry. Pit's and Palutena's conversation about blogging was odd, but funny, and the cliffhanger at the end with the catapult rock coming toward the town left me hoping part 3 comes soon.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Wish I would have got a chance to see it. Hadn't been on my 3ds for a few days, and now the only videos are 3 interviews of some sort, and something else. Sucks that you can't see more than 4 videos, and they would get rid of the Kid Icarus stuff so fast. I don't think Nintendo of America likes Kid Icarus anyway for some reason. They didn't give us Myths and Monsters either for some stupid reason.

Henmii

Henmii said:

@Marakuto,

Well, you make a good point! But since the original Shaun the sheep episodes are longer, I expected a bit more! Ah well...