Here's the European Release Line-Up for 2011

Posted by James Newton

What takes your fancy?

Here's the complete list of upcoming European releases sent through by Nintendo this morning.

You'll find future games for 3DS, Wii, DS and digital download games tucked in there too.

To pull out some of the interesting dates, MotoHeroz is now scheduled for Quarter 4, alongside the similarly perennially-delayed La-Mulana. DSiWare fans have to wait until Q4 for the long-awaited Cave Story too, by which time we hope Cave Story 3D will be available on shop shelves.

What off this list will get your pounds or Euro this year?

3DS

Untitled

DS

Untitled

Wii

Untitled

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

3DS VC games announced!

But no Wii Virtual Console games. Let us mourn this darkest of dark days.

ville10

ville10 said:

Where's Rhythm Paradise? If they have decided not to release my most anticipated game I'll be pissed...

EDIT: Probably means it will see a release next year. The Last Story and Pandora's Tower are only there to confirm that they will be released.

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'm assuming the title is meant to say 2011 rather than 2012.

JimLad

JimLad said:

Looks like Kirby will be my christmas game.
No way I'm waiting a month to play Zelda. :P

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Q4 looks a bit epic there for me! Aarrgghh :)

3DS: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, maybe Dr Lautrec (need revws), Star Fox 64 3D and all three of those 3DSware downloads (peding revws)

DS: Kirby Mass Attack and Prof Layton of course. WHERE IS ONE PIECE GIGANT BATTLE DS? ON RELEASE LIST FOR 1ST JULY BUT NEVER TURNED UP! Cave Story DSiWare. Where's Mechanic Master 2?

Wii: Kirby's Adventure, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, maybe Go Vacation (have you seen the footage and previews? May actually be decent), MotoHereoz WiiWare

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Yeah, where IS Lego Harry Potter years 5-7? Surely that will come out November as previously listed/stated?

skywake

skywake said:

Interesting, the OFLC (Australian classification board) has Catrap and Golf rated but neither are on this list. There's Gargoyle's Quest, Urban Champion and even Starfox.... but then they include Catrap, Golf and then nothing else.

I guess either the actual lineup for the 3DS VC will be a lot more padded out or the OFLC have gone a bit mental. Likely both!

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

What . a . day !
Just when things are starting to look really dry Nintendo accompanies great sounding news on RE: Revelations and the Zone Of The Enders rumors with a release list that makes sure I spend way too much money and time on games in the following months.
So these are my picks. While also hoping some of the other games will turn out better than I expect.

3DS
As good as bought: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, Super Mario Land 2, Gargoyle's Quest

hopefuls: all 3DS Ware titles, Ace Combat 3D, Doctor Lautrec, Driver, TwinBee, Bionic Commando

Waiting for a price drop on: Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions, Star Fox 64 3D, Tales of the Abyss

highly anticipated DS(i) games: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 , Kirby Mass Attack, Layton, Cave Story

Very interested in these Wii games: Xenoblade Chronicles, Skyward Sword, Rayman Origins, Kirby, The Last Story, Pandora’s Tower, MotoHeroz, La-Mulana, escapeVektor

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Wow, I'm surprised to see such large lists - particularly for the Wii! Apparently there's not a complete dearth of games after all, and quite a few of them look pretty good.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Only Cave Story being released on DSiWare? Only one DSiWare game? :S What about LoZ: Four Swords for free? :'(

EDIT: Whoops I can't read :3

Winter

Winter said:

Wow, this is actually quite better than realised before. I still don't agree with just one game a week for 3DS, but still, this is some good game boy games!

This I will buy:

Gargoyle's Quest (!)
Mega Man Dr.W. Revenge
3DClassics Twinbee
Super Mario 3D Land
Mutant Mudds
Super Mario Land 2 (!!)
Metroid Return of Samus (!!)
Cave Story (finally)
Yes, this is good news!!

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Wii's and DS' 2011 was rather pathetic, I've yet to purchase a single game (I guess Kirby's Epic Yarn is awesome, but that was out in 2010 in America). Sure, Xenoblade, Kirby, Rayman and Skyward Sword fill the end of the year nicely but that's no excuse for the rest of the year.

Finally got to shrink my backlog though.

And the first half of 2012 is set to receive a lot more love, between Rhythm Heaven, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Everything I want comes in Q4, huh.
Kirby Mass Attack
Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Motoheroez
Kirby´s Adventure Wii
Zelda Skyward Sword

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

Hmm....

On the 3DS I'm interested in:
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Doctor Lautrec
Tales of The Abyss
Super Pokemon Rumble (Sorta, I haven't played a rumble pokemon before)

DS:
Nothing apart from the four swords freebie. (Will 3DS owners get the four swords freebie?

Wii:
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower

Some of the wii games I'm going mostly on hype...so I'll need to read some more reviews about them.

James

James said:

@shoopdawoop70 We cover global Nintendo news, but as I live in the UK and Europe wakes up before America, we often get European news before we hear from NoA. It's not a case of regional bias, but if the information isn't there, we can't report on it :)

gambitttt

gambitttt said:

i didnt know mf3 is coming out for ds? cant wait for TLoZ SS and super mario 3d land!

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

3DS:
Star Fox 64
Pyramids
Super Mario 3D Land
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Mario Kart 7
6 Golden Coins
Return of Samus

Sounds like I need some extra $$$.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Let's see:

Kirby Mass attack on October 28
Rayman Origins in November
Professor Layton 4 in November
Zelda: Skyward sword on November 18
Kirby Wii in December

Finally the release-list started to look like something. Not everything has a concrete date yet, but it's more then we got for months!

Also: Yeah for Metroid 2. I'll pick it up when I have a 3DS (probably next year)!

James

James said:

@SuperLink Sure, if Nintendo of America sends us one :)

RE: missing games, these lists are never complete, but some high-profile games are missing — where's Mario Party 9, Rhythm Paradise, Sonic Generations, Mario & Sonic at the London Olympics?

Cipher

Cipher said:

@James As far as I was aware, Mario Party 9 and Rhythm Paradise were dated "TBA" at E3, which I assumed meant "2012 at the earliest". As for Mario & Sonic, we have dates for the Wii game (15/11 US, 18/11 EU). Similar situation for Generations, which we know is coming in November too.