Here's Nintendo's Most Up to Date Release Schedule

Posted by James Newton

No surprises

Nintendo just updated its release global release schedule for the remainder of the calendar year, although it's disappointingly light on definitive dates for the company's biggest titles.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is still down for late 2011, Super Mario 3D Land is November and Mario Kart 7 is December.

Here's the list of North American and European releases from Nintendo for 3DS and Wii.

Untitled

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

notice that Mario Kart 7 doesn't have (temp.) beside it. That indicates that it is the final name.
EDIT: haven't been first in a while, neat

dimi

dimi said:

I will get

Wii: Xenoblade, Skyward Sword for 2011, Last Story for 2012
3ds: Hm....maybe i will wait for Kid Icarus.

PhillaLoup

PhillaLoup said:

This year it's...

• StarFox 64 3D
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Mario Kart 7

and...

• Xenoblade Chronicles
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Kirby Wii

for me.

Tony3DS

Tony3DS said:

I know everyone is saying that’s not enough titles for Nintendo to put out because of Wii U. But now with this Ambassador program, I mean 20 titles even if they are old…that’s going to keep me so busy until the holidays, plus Zelda OOT. Then once the holidays do come we’ll have Zelda SS, MK7 and Super Mario Land 3D. Wow, it’s going to be a VERY Happy New Year! And I still haven’t beat DK Returns from last year (so hard to get all the puzzle pieces).

@4. jtr235
CY= calendar year Q4= 4th quarter Oct, Nov, Dec

47drift

47drift said:

What do the double asterisks mean? I better be getting my Fortune Street, Nintendo.

Blaze

Blaze said:

I'm really annoyed that USA is getting Kid Icarus this holiday and were getting in first quarter of 2012. The Release Dates Better be something like -

USA - December 31
Europe - January 1

C-195

C-195 said:

Come on Nintendo! Just tell us when Skyward Sword comes out already!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

The only 3DS game on Europe's schedule that I won't be getting is Starfox 64 3D and as for the wii I'm definitely getting Xenoblade chronicles, Zelda: Skyward sword and Kirby wii and I might get Mario party 9 and Rhythm paradise. I won't be getting them all near their release dates though and I wish their was a 'temp' beside Mario kart 7 indicating that their would be a different name as I don't think thats a very good name.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I thought Skyward Sword was a Fall release, not Holiday.

Apparently since Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, and Mario Party 9 have the (Temp.) next to them, that might mean that they could still be working titles. Paper Mario is clearly a working title, but I wonder what they could change Luigi's Mansion 2 and Mario Party 9 to? Mario Party never strayed away from having the number or system in its title.

ToadFan

ToadFan said:

Hm it's weird that Foutune Street is the confirmed title for NA but it's still in Temp. for UK..

Also that Pokemon Rumble isn't even shown on UK Relase Chart.

But it looks like Nintendo has a really good Hoilday Lineup.

Terave

Terave said:

@3DSneedsRPGs I agree with that!

Also: I can wait for MK7 'till Christmas, but not for SM3DL...Oh, and if LOZ:SS is in December, I'll wait for Christmas as well.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Happy birthday to me. Looks like I will be getting Super Mario 3D Land, Pokemon Rumble Blast and Cave Story 3D for my birthday. Not a bad haul this year.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

Nintendo is slowly becoming the offspring of the Monty Python character Mr. Lambert from the mattress store. You have to multiple everything Mr. Lambert says by three. ("So it does mean when he says the bed is 2-foot wide, he does in fact mean it is 60-foot wide.") In this case, when Nintendo gives a release date, you have to add nine months.

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

Shoot, I was hoping for a surprise announcement of a Holiday release for Animal Crossing. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

From no nintendo games to buy to way too many to afford.

They leave luck to heaven, so maybe a bit of planning.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Dang, I sure hope Uprising makes it in 2011. Looks like a great contrast to Mario and Zelda.

Drewciffer

Drewciffer said:

I love how North America always seems to become The United States.

It's like the world forgets we exist.

speshalmon

speshalmon said:

@Drewciffer
Everyone forgets you guys exist. And the only reason we remember Mexico is because of the drug wars. It's a sad symptom of our self-involved society.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Such a short list! These lists always make me sad with no NPC Pikmin 2 for NA in sight.

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

So the official title is Super Mario 3DLand? No space? No breathing room for the Land and the 3D? Interesting...

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I forgot about the DS games, I'll definitely get Professor Layton and the spectre's call and I'll probably get Kirby: mass attack at some point too.
@Thesolarknight The last story isn't out in Europe until next year.
@Metroid_rebirth Dragon quest X isn't out until next year.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I'm getting all of those games besides the Wii ones, and I'm still not so sure about Kid Icarus. I've never played a K.I. game and I can't find myself to do it either. I'm most excited for Mario Kart 7 out of all of them, but we have a while to wait now. WHICH STINKS!!! But atleast the eShop will be tugging our wallet until then. :D

Joewoof

Joewoof said:

Dragon Quest X is still coming for Wii. Last I read, we're probably looking at an early 2012 release. If it gets localized, maybe mid 2012 for the English version?

LordTendoboy

LordTendoboy said:

$170 for a 3DS is a steal. I'm definitely buying one after the price drop.

Super Mario 3D Land
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Sonic Generations

will all be mine!

Not to mention the plethora of DS games I want to get.
Sonic Rush
NSMB
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Final Fantasy 3 and 4
Dragon Quest 8 and 9

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

ZZZZzzzzz.

Nintendo hasn't published an exciting game since....they're all Mario and Zelda now, all the time. They're taking a page from Bobby Kotick's book. Which sucks, because it's not like they're not making new IPs. Reggie just won't let 'em come out here (Xenoblade, Last Story, etc.). I'm getting super bored with Nintendo. They better do something exciting soon, or the 3DS is screwed. The DS and GBA weren't made successes by console ports and Mario games. Nintendo doesn't even have the proper, portable-friendly games on their radar at all, like Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. Two series that drove early DS and GBA sales. And games like Kirby Mass Attack - which is going to rule, and is a great fit for handhelds - are still destined for DS instead of 3DS. What does that say?

Classeman

Classeman said:

Dang it! Pokémon Rumble blast isn't coming to europe this year! :/ And i want Mario Party 9 =)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Mario Party 9, Legend of Zelda Skyward, Paper Mario and Kirby Wii. Possibly Kid Icarus, Star Fox and Rhythm Paradise too. 5 of those probably coming this year.

By the way, what the fig happened to One Piece Gigant Battle DS. Meant to be released on July 1st, but didn't materilaise?

Where's Kirby Mass Attack and Prof Layton dates?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Hopefully Prof Layton and Kirby Mass Attack this year. That's maybe SEVEN titles in q4 for me this year :-O

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

What an absolutely terrible list for Wii. Sorry, Zelda is not enough, and we get the same old nonsense with Mario Party. Unreal that these dbags couldn't just release one of Xenoblade or The Last Story. Should be both but that'd be asking way too much of these lazy fools.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

@48: Let's face it: Nintendo is putting all its eggs in the 3DS and Wii U. They can't do that AND support Wii at the same time, despite what Reggie may say. They need to make sure Wii U launches with a lot of great titles, so they're not going to waste any more time on any Wii-related thing that is not named Zelda.

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

@44 ROFLMAO: GBA and DS were made successful because of ports, GBA was like one huge port machine. The entire Super Mario Advance series, the FF remakes, the DKC ports, the NES classics series. Even Doom got ported to the GBA. I remember being annoyed at all the ports that came to that system. There were some stellar games that came to the GBA but it did get a little absurd with the ports.

What did DS get on launch day? Mario 64 port. Later on, more Squenix remakes and ports.

And since when are Mario and Zelda not exciting. At least the games were good to begin with. I can't say that about anything Activision has published in the last 20 years.

Crunc

Crunc said:

Nintendo has certainly become the company for sequels. Will we ever see a good new IP from Nintendo again? Mind you, my kids will eat it up, but I find myself less and less excited about Nintendo franchises all the time.