Even Mercenaries Need a Fresh Change of Clothes

Posted by Trevor Chan

Capcom reveals alternative costumes

With Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D having just launched in Japan, the rest of the world will have several weeks to wait before the game makes it their way. Luckily, Capcom is still in the mood for teasing as the mercenaries' alternative costumes have now been revealed.

The ability to unlock new garbs is nothing new to the franchise, so fans shouldn't be so surprised that such content is available. What is surprising though, is what some of the characters have picked out from the wardrobe.

For example, it's logical that Rebecca Chambers ― a S.T.A.R.S. medic ― should appear in a nurse uniform, even if it is a little revealing! Chris Redfield still looks every part the alpha male he is in his flight suit. Aside from these relatively safe bets, there are some characters like Barry Burton and the mysterious Hunk who aren't afraid to go with something a little different.

You can check out what the rest of the cast have packed into their clothes bag in the gallery below, and because we love you, there's also a characters trailer to watch too. Not a lot of gameplay footage, just a reminder of how cool the mercenaries can look in freeze frame.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

When I first saw Barry's alternate costume, I just couldn't stop laughing. HUNK's grim reaper costume is just awesome!

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Looks like Rebecca is going undercover to catch pedophiles. And Barry? He seems to be going through a leather daddy phase.

drdark

drdark said:

Oh God. I can't un-see Barry's costume. Need to wash my eyes out with soap :'(...

Noire

Noire said:

lmao @ some of those costumes, that's awesome.

Though I am glad my girl Jill gets her RE3 look, that's my favorite.

Hokori

Hokori said:

LOL at 1st glance it looked like rebecca was holding a Move Controller

Moorpheel

Moorpheel said:

Barry :O
Was life after Gaiden that hard on you?

WAIT did Rebecca just break a crystal with her butt?! Now imagine that with her nurse out.... OMG.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Rebecca... what have they done to you?! You were a bad@$$ and now you're Japanese pedophilic archtype eye candy? Darn you, Capcom... Darn you...

Well, I'm still buying, so that

edhe

edhe said:

They're only fun alternative outfits. They aren't taking Resident Evil in some strange new direction.

Fun and sexy. wink

47drift

47drift said:

RE3 Jill? Damn you Capcom, now I have to support this game.

I was already going to, but still.

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

Hunk's alternate costume is clearly the best one. Also, Barry apparently read Alan Moore's Watchmen recently and dug the Comedian's look...