Japanese Virtual Console list - March 2011
Posted by Marcel van Duyn
It's that time of the month again
Japan has a relatively big month coming up for them, with five new Virtual Console games on the release list. On top of that, there's not a bad game in the bunch, with every single one of them being a well-liked classic. Let's hope we get some of them as well!
The full list for March in Japan is as follows:
- Hebereke (The first game in the Hebereke series, of which Europe got three games altogether. Of course, we know this one as Ufouria.)
- Fire Fighting (A fire fighting game for the SNES in which you make your way through several burning buildings attempting to rescue survivors. It was retitled The Ignition Factor in the west, and already has an OFLC rating, so a VC release elsewhere should be imminent. Japan will get it next Tuesday, March 1st.)
- Final Fantasy VI (Possibly the single most-requested Virtual Console release, this stands together with part VII as one of the most well-liked entries in the series. Of course, it was released in North America as Final Fantasy III, so we expect a release here in the near future.)
- Last Resort (A horizontal shoot 'em up which is often overlooked amidst all of the system's fighting games, but it's still quite good and was also released outside Japan originally.)
Virtual Console Arcade:
- Puyo Puyo (The original arcade version of Puyo Puyo is being released to mark the franchise's 20th anniversary. As Sega stated earlier this month, this version will receive a very special feature in the form of online multiplayer.)
Which of these would you like to see elsewhere first? Are you happy with Final Fantasy VI, or are you just glad that Square can now potentially get to releasing some more Enix games?