Get Ready for KINECTaku!

Posted by James Newton

Another Nintendo Life venture launches!

Two months ago we launched Movemodo for PlayStation Move news and reviews, and now it's time to launch the next phase of our plan for world domination: KINECTaku!

Focused entirely on Microsoft's new Kinect add-on for Xbox 360, Kinectaku will bring you the same quality coverage you've come to expect from Nintendo Life and Movemodo.

Coming from the same expert team behind Nintendo Life and Movemodo, you can rely on Kinectaku to review every game released for Kinect, from Adrenalin Misfits to Zumba Fitness and everything in between.

We've already got some superb content lined-up, including exclusive previews of Kinect titles, developer interviews and more.

Kinect launches in North America on November 4th, and reaches European shores on November 10th. We've already got you covered for games: check out the European Kinect launch games and US Kinect launch line-up to see what you can be playing on day one and beyond.

You can follow @kinectaku on Twitter to stay up to date with the latest Kinect news and reviews, Like Kinectaku on Facebook and join in the lively discussion using your shared login for Nintendo Life and Movemodo.

This will not mean a decreased amount of content here on Nintendo Life. We will keep working away just as hard to make Nintendo Life bigger and better.

Welcome to the future. Welcome to Kinectaku!

[via kinectaku.com]

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Freakin AWESOME!!!
I totally love the Move
Rock on Microsoft you
Still got it! I
Think Sony and nintendo should bow down to the might of Microsoft!

James

James said:

I just went back and re-read all the comments from when we launched Movemodo. I think I'm now sufficiently prepared for the tidal wave of comments about Kinect ripping off Nintendo, it being over-priced, Oprah Winfrey jokes and more.

Do your worst!

she_gamer

she_gamer said:

lol... Thanks guys! Not like I can afford one right now, but it'll be great to keep track of the games I'll purchase when I win a lottery... doesn't have to be a big one, I'll be happy with oh, a couple thousand or so.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@soccer686: Movemodo isn't inactive, it's just starting off slowly. Everything starts off the same way, it'll pick up speed as the games start to roll in. :3

Machu

Machu said:

Oooh excellent, I shall be checking it out to see what awesome features it has that we haven't. :P

super srs, good luck guys

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

SHAMELESS PLUG!

I jest, I jest. I'm excited for the site, actually: Kinect has me far more interested than the Move; sure it's uses seem less diverse, but it looks far more fun and innovative. It actually has me interested in picking up a 360 :)

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Ok, so as many know, the gaming world has become skeptical of Kinect because of Microsoft's hold on any reviews of the unit until launch day which points to the fact that perhaps Kinect isn't as accurate as we might like. So here's my question: What if its true and Kinect really doesn't work at all like its supposed to and nearly every game that comes out for it is terrible? Will you guys still keep this new site going is Kinect turns out to be a total and complete flop. Because I see that as a major possibility.

James

James said:

@bboy2970 I've used Kinect myself and didn't have any problems with it at all. I also know lots of people who've used them and said the same as me.

Of course, if Kinect does go down the pan, Kinectaku will be there all the way!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Aww...I prefered Kinectica, but whatever. Just glad to see an Xbox related site popping up.:)

Aw...the new forum's not up yet.:( I wanted to be the first person to say "First".:P

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

@James Newton: I know alot of people say that Kinest works well and everything but all the people that say that have only tried it with Microsoft controlling the environment around them. It may very well be revealed to be very broken when put ot the test in the average person's living room. Good to know the captain will be going down with the ship so to speak when/if Kinect fails :)

Hokori

Hokori said:

/me changes name >:3

oh well I still think 3DS and Nintendogs + Cats was Nity's answer to move and Kinect

sonic_brawler95

sonic_brawler95 said:

I don't own an Xbox, but nice to see that the new site launched. But I still think NL is the superior one. >:3

I'm not that interested in Kinect, the only game that interested me was, of course, the new Sonic Riders game. But I even have a feeling that that will still be clunky. :|

But congrats on the new site, still. :)

koops330

koops330 said:

I kinda guess this would come out after seeing Movemodo but in the end Nintendo is still the best

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

umm, hooray? I don't have either system, so I won't be needing the sites, but I'll check them out anyway since you guys have great article writers and editors.

OKAY I'M BACK.
Not much is different, but I can still recommend it to my friends who have those systems.

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

Ok three things.
1. Congrats on opening up the site
2. The site seemed to have opened about a week ago.
3. Oprah Winfrey jokes?

James

James said:

@turtlelink The site opened yesterday, but I've been storing up content like nuts for winter. As for Oprah Winfrey, everyone who attended her recent show left with an Xbox 360 and Kinect :)

triforceofcourage

triforceofcourage said:

hopefully this does better than move... ive seen that the tech is good but all the games so far are kinda crappy. T_T

Objection

Objection said:

Have a 360 but odds are I won't be getting the Kinect. :P I might eventually get Move for my PS3 but Kinect is much more expensive and I haven't seen anything to convince me. Good luck with the new site!

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Woo, you guys sure know how to make a stylish website.

ALSO SELL OUT. AGAIN. GUYS SERIOUSLY STOP WITH THE MARIO CRAP ALREADY.

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

Hey, James, Kinectaku isn't going to have an affect on NintendoLife, Right? Riiight?

EDIT: That was a joke, guys.

Crunc

Crunc said:

Wow - amazon sold out? I wonder if that's due to lack of supply, or actually huge demand? I guess we'll find out eventually. Hopefully they get more in for xmas. I'd rather not pay tax if I buy this thing.

KingMike

KingMike said:

Seriously, I think that name sounds way too similar to a certain other gaming site I read regularly. :)

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I think kinect looks crap. It would only work well for mini-game compilations, soirts games, party games or any other casual genre. It's stupid that microsoft are trying to market it as a new controller to be used for various different genres. It wouldn't be as bad if they were jst marketing it as an add-on. Why is the site being called kinectaku? It make sound like kinect is for otakus and I doubt that it is.

GammaGames

GammaGames said:

I knew you where gonna make that! I was thinking about NL in history (I was that bored), and remembered you made MoveModo. I was then wondering when you where gonna make one for the kinekt. I was right :D

Caliko

Caliko said:

@2

Too late!!!

Coming Soon:
AppleLANCHE! from the guys who brought you Nintendolife!!

@cheapogamer4life

Ever wondered what the bottom of a Mii Avatars' shoe looks like?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@35, 36, et al.: I've already said in chat that there is no way in hell i am moderating an apple-based forum. gamers are bad enough, but apple geeks can flat-out jump off a cliff as far as i'm concerned. you'll have to find someone else to babysit that place >:3

James

James said:

@Thegame I can promise lots and lots of puns. And lots.

The next phase of our world domination is coming early next year, I believe. No, it's not Apple: it's devoted to the world's greatest company instead.

outrun2sp

outrun2sp said:

i could almost see kinnect failing till i heard about camera recognition with objects. That means HOTD type games can come out on it as you can use some kind of a tool with it.

Shame you guys cant review deadly premonition as its not a kinnect game.

Awesome as it is and like a breath of fresh air.

Cipher

Cipher said:

@James Newton: If you make a SEGA site, I swear down, I will love you guys forever. Please say you're making a SEGA site. <3

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Let me just say, the site is beautiful, I love the colour scheme. Just as long as you don't make it better than NL I'm happy. ;)

Kinect still sucks though!

Collinhall

Collinhall said:

The thing about making move/kinect websites it that they are only exesorries. What happens when the next sony/microsoft console comes out or if they both are only popular temporaraly. I think making websites on the companies themselves would be much better.

Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood said:

The new sites make sense because so many Wii-gamers have gone multiplatform this generation. But since Nintendo Life was original about Virtual Console I would have preferred new sites about the download services XBLA and PSN instead of focusing on motion controls.

I was not even excited about Wii's motion controls so I'm not really interested in Move or Kinect now. But XBLA and PSN are definitely highlights of this gaming generation. Unfortunately Nintendo's download marketplace has become a huge disappointment compared to the competetion (especially after the massive decline of Virtual Console releases and don't forget the PAL-issues).

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Bass X0: I was told the reasoning behind focusing only on Kinect and Move for now is because it's already late in the generation, and there are other sites that offer thorough coverage of non-Kinect/non-Move stuff. When the next generation begins, we'll be able to start covering it from the jump.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

How the heck do you guys do it. I don't even own a Playstation 3 or an X-Box 360, but I still enjoy browsing Movemodo and Kinectaku. Reading about games I'll never own and don't plan on buying, yay!

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@James: The Kinect is a total Wii rip-off. The Wii was the first to use your body as a controller....oh wait...nevermind :D

hobbes

hobbes said:

@TBD: of course that is assuming a new generation is announced soon. I really wouldn't be surprised if this current generation lasts another 4 or 5 years. The only company of the three I can see launching a new system earlier is Nintendo to bring themselves more in line with MS and Sony. But until TVs support higher resolutions than 1080P, MS and Sony really have no reason to launch a new generation. Things like motion control can be achieved on their current systems as we can see by perhipials. And if they want to do 3D, at least in Sony's case all they need to do is a firmware update to the PS3.

Basically, hardware technology has hit a peak and MS and Sony really couldn't make any improvements to their systems that would wow people into saying I need one of those.

Alphack3r

Alphack3r said:

...I would totally get all into the 360 scene, but I have no idea when generation 8 will start making us regret all those late gen 7 purchases!
...
...
AK! ME WANT 360!!!
NO Alpha...get a 3DS...get a 3DS & everything will be OK...me hope <:{

James

James said:

Yep, Des is right. We're launching Kinectaku and Movemodo as they'll let us get a foothold in the 360 and PS3 communities, then whenever a new console is announced - hey, maybe PSP2! - we should hopefully have a foot in the door, so to speak. Both motion add-ons are highly likely to work with whatever machines follow 360 and PS3, so we should have the expertise to really make a name for ourselves.

@Cipher You're going to love me us forever :)

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

Did someone mention a SEGA site..!? As a big Megadrive, Saturn and Dreamcast fan, count me in ;)
Good luck with the new sites, even though I'm not into the HD consoles, am sure they will be as balanced and well moderated as Nintendo life.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

@16: Yeah, because the Wii, PS3, PC, and every other gaming device on the planet NEVER fail and need a restart to fix. That only happens on Kinect.

zeeroid