Brand New Kirby's Epic Yarn Trailer

Posted by Corbie Dillard

More video of the silky side-scroller in action!

With only about a month left until the North American release of Kirby's Epic Yarn, Nintendo have shifted their marketing machine into high gear and have just sent out a host of brand new assets for the game.

You can check out the brand new gameplay trailer below, along with a batch of 8 new screenshots to go along with it.

We'll keep you posted on any new information about the game as it becomes available and we'll have a full review of the game up shortly before its release on October 17th. Stay tuned.
Untitled

[via youtube.com]

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

This game looks amazingly kawai. Do want. :P

Anyone else find it amusing that the game is set inside a sock?

Edit: I just noticed the awesome boxart.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Oh man, Season 6 of Bleach and the new Percy Jackson book are coming out the same time as this? Man, my wallet's gonna be empty soon! :)

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

Looks good. The only thing I don't like is that every Kirby game now is either a remake or gimmick-based. Why can't we just have some pure Kirby awesomeness?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I can't WAIT for this one to come out in October. #1 on my most-wanted list right now. :)

ArmoredGoomba

ArmoredGoomba said:

That looks like pretty much the greatest thing ever. I think it's more of a rent then a buy though.

armoredghor

armoredghor said:

First reactions:
Aww he's so cute and original.
and he just grabbed someone with a whip made of yarn and threw them against a wall.

Warioware

Warioware said:

Just goes to show how creativity and style can trump processing power. Excellent.

BeeZeroOne1

BeeZeroOne1 said:

Wow, this game continues to look more amazing with every little bit of it they show, especially the ways in which new levels unlock on the map screen (Lines extending to new stages? Pah! Where I come from, we wake up hibernating bears with alarm clocks and make genies blow tapestries open!)

On another note, the NL font makes "Epic Yarn" look like "Epic Yam" at the top of this page :P

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

The trailers seem to get better and better! :) Day one for me. Now the question is- when is day one?

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

@NL Is this trailer on GameTrailers.com? Because if it is, would it be possible for you to use the trailer on that website, because Youtube is blocked on my and other peoples' computers.

jer18

jer18 said:

I love Kirby and grew up playing on GBC and N64 but this just seems "too adorable" lol. Maybe my heart will change in 30 days T_T

Punny

Punny said:

This is just about as cute as kittens and puppies. Any game that manages to look awesome even with a teddy bear level and a yarn look deserves praise. :)

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Every trailer I see has Kirby's Epic Yarn looking ever more epic! Cannot wait for this game to release!!!

SMW

SMW said:

Every Kirby game is a must-buy for me, but Epic Yarn is truly amazing.

Crunc

Crunc said:

This is such an amazing looking game. I can not wait for the release. Alas, I'll have to wait until xmas to be able to give it to my kids (and me). Sigh.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

Can't wait for it. Still kind of puzzled as to the lack of a health meter in the videos and screenshots though. I wonder if it's one hit deaths? That would certainly pose a good challenge to the game!

Edit: Wait... Just read in an article that you can't die? O_o Um... I don't know about all that. Still stoked and excited for the game and all, but no deaths is kind of weird for a Kirby game. Makes me worry that it will be too easy.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Man this is even cooler than I thought before! Those new vehicles are awesome too! It makes me not even care that he can't suck up enemies and eat them. It was time for a much needed change anyway, as Kirby was the one series aside from Animal Crossing being worse that had games that felt the exact same from its predecessors.

The level transitions are genius though! Get items and their effects open new ways. I love it!