- Adventure, Platformer
- Release Date
- 17th Oct 2010 (USA)
- 25th Feb 2011 (UK/EU)
- 14th Oct 2010 (JPN)
Wii U eShop
- 21st May 2015, £17.99/€19.99 (UK/EU)
About This Game
Kirby Offers a New Take on String Theory
Kirby's first console platform game since the Nintendo 64™ days introduces an amazing new look based on animated yarn and a world of cloth and textiles. The creative approach is woven directly into the game play and allows the ever-morphing Kirby™ to take on a variety of new forms. It's a one-of-a-kind platformer that lets players explore high and low for hidden objects and fun adventure.
- The look of the world is stunning, but it's also interactive. Pulling on stray threads might reveal hidden areas. When Kirby literally goes behind the scenes, the virtual fabric warps and bends to show his location.
- Thanks to his versatile yarn composition, Kirby can take on a variety of forms both in his common actions and when he transforms into powerful vehicles. When Kirby dashes, he zips around as a car. In water, he turns into a submarine. At times he can even transform into a massive robotic tank, a UFO and other vehicles.
- Two players can play through the entire game together.
- Gems and collectible items are scattered throughout the environments for players to find.