Azure Striker Gunvolt Hitting Japan August 20th, North American Launch Shortly Afterwards

Posted by Damien McFerran

Euro release "being worked out", could have multilingual support

Inti Creates has revealed that Azure Striker Gunvolt will launch in Japan on August 20th, with a North American release coming in the weeks that follow.

A European release is also on the cards, with Inti Creates CEO Takuya Aizu telling Siliconera that it is "still being discussed" at present. The American version of the game will only feature English text, but a multilingual release could happen for Europe.

[via siliconera.com]

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting about this one. Still has my interest, when I remember its existence.

ulven

ulven said:

Hopefully not too much later than Japan
I'm really looking forward to this game

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I'd spend twenty dollars on this, anything else, and I'll just wait for a sale.

Vhyper1985

Vhyper1985 said:

What's to discuss about a Euro release? YES should be the answer!! :) After seeing this in action I'm looking forward to it, just hope it makes it over here..

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Definitely looks interesting. Might just have to get this. Damn my poor wallet lol Too many games, not enough money or time lol

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I want this. It will probably hit in September (Curtain Call and Hyrule Warriors) or October (Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros.) so maybe I won't get it right away.

Naoiko

Naoiko said:

This isn't a complaint, but what is up with all these amazing games all coming out at the same freaking time?

My poor wallet hahaah.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Why is he wearing a US Naval sweatshirt?

Anyways it does look interesting to say the least. Will wait for reviews though since 2d platformers normally aren't my thing.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Oh Inti, just screw the multilang release. Most people can speak english by now, and the few who can't are barely worth the hassle. Just hurry up, I want this! It's the closest thing to a MegaMan-style game I'll get to play!

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

@Spoony_Tech I've no idea but with that jersey and haircut he looks like he's in his twenties,not about to hit 50.What's his and Miyamoto's secret? ;)

lividd3ad

lividd3ad said:

This seems like a much better alternative to Mighty No. 9. Goodbye to the slow place and boring landscapes.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Really curious on the price for this and how long the game will be. With Steel Empire at $30, it would seem surprising to see this less than $30 unless it's really short.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I've been hyped for this for a while, glad it's coming sooner than I thought!

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

@TruenoGT
Why? Steel Empire's pricing is fairly atypical.

I'll pay up to $20 for this if it's a big, fully-featured game. $30 if we get any yaoi scenes. <3

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

What? Everything about this is Mighty No. 9, has nobody noticed this? What is going on?

Noboty

Noboty said:

Highly disappointed in the removal of English voices. Almost enough to make me lose interest, like with Project X Zone.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

"Inti Creates' first entirely self-published title, Azure Striker Gunvolt is being produced in conjunction with Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune." Uh excuse me? He was merely a Co designer let's not get crazy now

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

Awesome! This game is coming out sooner than I even expected, and it's looking pretty good too. I just hope it has a little more leniency during combat than Mega Man since I'm not an enormous fan of fast paced action platformers.