This Splatoon Collage Shows Off the Artists on Miiverse

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Insert your own ink pun here, dear readers

Splatoon arrived at E3 with the challenge of being a new IP that needed to grab some attention, but it seems that Nintendo's colourful online shooter has done just that. It's a title that seems to be typical Nintendo — take some established ideas, play around with concepts and add a dash of chaos and creativity to the final results.

Despite the fact that all we've seen of the game is footage and the demo from the LA show, fans with some artistic skill are already using their illustrative skills to show their support for the title. Nintendo requested some illustrations from gamers on Miiverse, and has now constructed an utterly charming collage of its favourite submissions. Check it out below (click to enlarge).

It seems that this is certainly one to watch. Let us know if you like the compilation of drawings above, while you can also check out our hands on impressions of Splatoon to learn a little more about how the title works.

[via miiverse.nintendo.net]

LazyShell

LazyShell said:

Splatoon guest starring Dr Zoidberg. We need Zoidberg DLC! It is nice seeing people take to a new IP. I hope Splatoon does well, but we'll see when it comes out.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Interesting; I made a project with Miiverse drawings similar in concept to this, only it's more orderly and much, much bigger.

I spotted a Blooper.

Savino

Savino said:

The game looks cool, but I will wait to see more before jump in the hype bandwagon!
I mean, looks a lot of fun, but is there any depth? Remains to be seem!

FernandoMachado

FernandoMachado said:

I'm not a major fan of online play but I'm hugely interested in this title. I really hope Nintendo adds a Mario Kart level of replayabilty on it and that co-op works smoothly offline too!

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

The E3 was practically painted with hype for this!
SPLATOOOOOOOON!!! (that's going to be my new battle cry from now on)

Taceus

Taceus said:

@Silent lol. That orange was deceiving. Squid girl sorta' looks likes Helga from Hey Arnold, only with mascara overdose.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

This is great.

I hope people show their support for Codename: S.T.E.A.M too.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Splatoon! The definitive Nintendo competitive multiplayer experience. Goldeneye fans, rejoice! We have a new game to master...

Ralek85

Ralek85 said:

@JaxonH Goldeneye.... I was just hit by the most intense wave of nostalgia imagineable ... remote mines everywhere, all over the place, painted on the walls and floors like INK :P

Shambo

Shambo said:

Nintendo announced a first party online shooter with their own vision of fun and ideas: it's an ink between worlds.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I have an inkling of an idea as to how popular this is on Miiverse now ;)

One-Winged-Pit

One-Winged-Pit said:

@Savino That has been bothering me too. I was actually surprised when I saw they will sell physical copies for $60 dollars. It looks really fun but I am not paying that much for the Nintendo Titanfall.