Weirdness: Love Triangle Turns Nasty Thanks To A Legend Of Zelda Master Sword

Posted by Damien McFerran

Two men, one replica sword, one inevitable outcome

Replica swords make for great ornaments, but they're also as dangerous as the real thing — as a recent domestic disturbance in Houston proves.

On one side, we have live-in boyfriend and occasional cosplayer Eugene Thompson, and on the other we have the estranged husband of Thompson's girlfriend. The whole sorry saga began with Thompson and his girlfriend having an heated argument, at which point she telephoned her separated partner, who made his way over to the house.

Thompson refused to let the estranged hubby into the property, but his girlfriend unlocked the door and granted access — at which point the story takes a turn for the strange, as Thompson himself explains:

I heard him heading to the bedroom where I was, so I jumped in the closet and I grabbed one of my replica swords, and I pulled it out and stood at the doorway, and he was coming down the hallway at me while I was yelling, 'Go away, you don't live here' and he just walked right into the point of the sword, I don't know if he thought it was a toy.

Thompson was able to lock the man out of the house, but he forced the door and the fight resumed, with the jilted husband taking a cut to the chest and leg. Despite brandishing Hyrule's most potent bladed weapon, Thompson didn't come away from the encounter unscathed, however — he was hit over the head with a flower pot. It's unknown if any Rupees were to be found inside.

Both men were taken to hospital and treated for their wounds, but thankfully the fair maiden — sorry, girlfriend — was unharmed in the incident.

[via click2houston.com]

erv

erv said:

Well, fighting for a maiden in a nintendo world can be painful. While zelda never gets it on, peach has baby’s from mario, luigi AND bowser. Two plumpers and a tough guy? I know where the coins are going to. These are battles no man can win.

CasuallyDressedStaff

CasuallyDressed said:

"he was hit over the head with a flower pot. It's unknown if any Rupees were to be found inside."

Well done.

Lord

Lord said:

Theses stories are all great fun but what's happened to the EShop releases for Europe?

Artwark

Artwark said:

You think the government will ban Nintendo products from this moment on?

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

This is really funny, but the maiden's conduct makes my blood boil. Who gets into a fight with her boyfriend, and then calls up her ex-husband to come over and beat him up in his own home? Her and her ex deserve each other.

I think this Hero of Time's princess is in a different castle.

Magikarp3

Magikarp3 said:

"I do anime conventions and stuff, dress up in costume. So I got it, because it’s a good replica, and it looks nice, and it so happens to be pointed and bladed."

He's a cosplayer and yet bought a prop which is automatically banned in any and every convention, everywhere. What?

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

This is a fake story.
Eugene Thompson is Flash Thompson.
2 guys and 1 girl= Link, Ganon, Zelda.
The second guy didn't die, so there is no reason to withhold his name.

Silent

Silent said:

@Lord Lord said:

Lord said: ''great fun'' -> jilted husband taking a cut to the chest and leg and remains in critical condition.

Marshi said:
@Lord I second that!

Ok, Let me buy a master sword and stab myself now.

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

hehehe thats a funny story. i have a big, sharp, fully functional sword i would love to get to use on someone who deserves it. its sasuke kusanagis grass cutter, in white, from naruto.

Lord

Lord said:

@Silent Never take the Lords name on vein! We now have our EShop releases for Europe! Im happy. As for the story of the couple stabbed to death in a cosplay battle. As long as a fair turn based battle ensued then the greater hero shall win. For Good shall win over Evil everytime.

ChessboardMan

ChessboardMan said:

It does seem rather insane to have an actual real blade in the shape of popular video game icon. I mean, the moment Anyone sets eyes on it, they're going to want to give it a swing. And while they're be unlikely to swing it effectively if it is that realistic, they'll probably end up letting it go mid-swing, and then goodbye wall/furniture/TV/intestines.
I was under the impression it was fairly possible to make a realistic looking blade That Isn't actually a dangerous weapon.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

This was the topic of conversation for my wife and I (we're both huge Zelda fans) for an hour or so last night. Hilarious. :D

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

So he got a master sword that can really cut (maybe banish evil, don't know the situation with the girlfriend and ex) and I got an replica Ocarina that can't even time travel much less call anything. So people got all the luck :P

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@ChessboardMan Even if it is blunted it can still do damage as could say a meat hammer or a normal hammer. (Or number of alternative things present in the average home).

LtAldoRaine

LtAldoRaine said:

Oh God,this just made my day. Thank you.

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

Doctor: What happened?
Dude: I was stabbed by the master sword...!
Doctor: Quick get him a red potion....wait scrap that! Get him a fairy stat!

DASchenk

DASchenk said:

wow we need an renactment for this.
how about 4 swords footage where one link is charging, another link walks into the blade, and then picks up and throws the vase

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

The Masamune would be more useful in this case because it won't cut something that is innocent and undeserving.

JuanitoShet

JuanitoShet said:

Aww come on, no rupees out of that broken pot? Really? I'm sure Damien left that part out. :(

WaxxyOne

WaxxyOne said:

Sounds like he needs to dump that loser of a girlfriend. If you can't win your own battles without calling in an ex, you are pathetic indeed.