Senran Kagura Burst Pre-Order Bonuses Announced For Europe

Posted by Mark Green

Throwing stars, unfortunately, are not included

School can be boring sometimes. Let’s face it, it’s not the greatest thing in the world, but if Japanese Anime and Manga is anything to go off, school is the best place to be. You get to learn how to become a samurai that hunts down evil spirits, or a magician who tracks down spells to undo an accidental apocalypse; you can even learn Ninjitsu and fight against rival schools.

Of course, sadly, this is all fiction, but that doesn't mean we can’t have fun with it and experience it for ourselves, as Anime and Manga based video games have proven. One such game is Senran Kagura Burst, which lands in Europe next month, and if there wasn't enough incentive in beating up droves of enemies as a ninja, there’s now a handy pre-order bonus to go along with it.

If you weren't already aware of the series, Senran Kagura is a side-scrolling beat’em up that only released in Japan. The game lets the player take on the roles of several skimpily clad, ninjitsu trained schoolgirls as they fight against their rivals. It all seems very gratuitous, but with the series selling so well in Japan, the sequel — Senran Kagura Burst — has started to move west and is set to arrive in Europe in February after the United States received it last year.

Seeing as how the release of the game is nearly a month away for European gamers, it only makes sense to have a bonus for anyone who wishes to pre-order the physical game. The bonus includes an exclusive 3D lenticular poster which features the 5 main girls from the game’s Hanzo Academy — Asuka, Ikaruga, Katsuragi, Yagyu and Hibari – relaxing on the beach. Throughout Europe, this offer is available from select participating retailers, but in the UK, the one-off A3 print will only be available from GAME.

Despite the first game being a Japan-only title, Burst has its predecessor’s story built into it and it even has its own brand new adventure to boot, so it’s the perfect game to start with for anyone looking to explore this series. Europe: if you’re bursting to get this game, and you want some bonus goodies as well, it might be an idea to put your name down for it now before the game drops on February 28th.

Chomposaur

Chomposaur said:

This may coax me to buy something from game. Why not this will be a collectors piece seeing as the PAL version of this game is only in physical format.

I will have to put incognito on my browser when purchasing lol

turnmebackwards

turnmebackwards said:

It's £5.00 more expensive at GAME so pretty much paying for the poster - Zavvi £25.00 & ShopTo £27.00.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I can imagine the blushing fun when people go to buy it in stores, especially with the poster ;)

Frank90

Frank90 said:

I want a physical version in America =/
I hate this "Digital only" stuff
By the way this game is good to great

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

It saddens me that America is so sheltered to this kind of stuff, we rather blow people brains out in video games. :/ not I

Artie

Artie said:

I am so upset by this news. As a U.S. gamer I had no choice but to d/l. Liked the game so much, I imported a Japanese copy of it's spinoff game, Shinovi Versus for my REGION-FREE playstation vita. Regions are a thing of the past as more of us are multi-cultural or at least not put off by a language barrier. Companies still make money when importers buy new games so what this practice of region-locking has taught me is that it's about control...and it makes me mad. Wouldn't it cost a company more money to produce different region hardware rather than one machine?

Gioku

Gioku said:

Oh this game...

THIS GAME!

This game has no shame, lol. I must respect it for that. :P

Rief

Rief said:

I hope we in Germany can get it from Amazon or Gamestop, i ordered twice from GAME, and not only it took months for my orders, but they were both damaged and incomplete, and the support has never answered.
Luckily i paid with oaypal, so i've got my money back.

Shambo

Shambo said:

For all Americans: we in Europe got Code of Princess digital only...
Now I just need to be able to preorder it anywhere, where I live. It's as if gamestores in Belgium aren't aware of this...

Yomerodes

Yomerodes said:

That is nice...but It still dissapoints me that MAQL Europe decided to ditch Rune Factory 4...I am not saying that they should had cancelled Senran Kagura, but I believe european players would have preferred to have both games available if only digital...instead of cancelling RF4 and releasing SK in both formats.

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

Dat cover.....dat pre-order bonuses.....dat physical release.....that sad truth of this game being download only in the U.S.
Untitled

Jollykarp

Jollykarp said:

They should bundle this game with a t-shirt saying "I play it for the articles of clothing"

Superstick

Superstick said:

Why'd they make the box art like that?! XD It's gonna take a very brave man to walk in the store and pick this up. XD

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I preordered this from GAME's website just now. I don't even care about the implications. I just wanted this game on a whim. :D

Manaphy2007

Manaphy2007 said:

if we n.americans only get a digital release then im fine with it as long as we get it but i do want a physical ver. though

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Kind of game you would expect something like a boob bath pillow as a preorder bonus from.

Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain said:

This is hands down the best cover box ever. It's a shame we'll only get the digital version. :(