Mario Golf: World Tour Pushed Back To 2014

Posted by Andy Green

In the bunker

Back in February, Nintendo announced Mario Golf: World Tour would be released on 3DS this Summer.

However, it appears that is all set to change as during yesterday's analyst briefing, Nintendo confirmed it will in fact be released in 2014 along with Super Smash Bros. and Yoshi's New Island.

There's no specific date set for any of 2014's releases, but considering Mario Golf: World Tour was penciled in for Summer 2013 it shouldn't be too late in the year.

It's set to be the most expansive Mario Golf title to date and features online communities that will house global golfing tournaments. It seems Nintendo is still doing some fine tuning on the game and has pushed it back as a result.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you disappointed Mario Golf: World Tour won't be available this Summer? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Nooooooooooooooo! I was really looking forward to this. Oh well, at least M&L: Dream Team is still coming very soon :)

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

there are so many great games for 3DS this year that i'm not really bothered.

KongFu

KongFu said:

That's a let down. But maybe they will use the additional development time and integrate a rpg mode again.

Boukman

Boukman said:

We get at least one great game each month for either the 3DS or the WiiU until the end of the year. Still people are unhappy. It's sound to push this one to 2014.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

That's quite the delay Nintendo. Luckily for me I have no interest in this particular game. :3

GTWarrior77

GTWarrior77 said:

I'm really looking forward to this title so I'm disappointed about this. It's quite a hefty delay and makes one think that they have decided to add something at the last minute.

Beta

Beta said:

Well, it's not like there are a lack of 3DS games this year, anyway XD

pntjr

pntjr said:

2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 2014 WHY IS EVERY GAME COMING OUT IN 2014?

seronja

seronja said:

no i'm not disappointed... there will be far better games out, for this year on the 3DS, ( & other console's in general ) that i just wouldn't bother wasting my time with a golf game.

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Yes, I'm dissapointed about the delay, but the 3DS has had fantastic support over the last year so delaying a game is not such a big deal. Still plan to get this when it does arrive as i've really enjoyed other games in this series.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Sucks, but I'm not surprised. Been waiting for a new Mario Golf for years, so whats a few more months? At least I know when Ninty delays a game I know its coming out in high quality. Got plenty to do until then.

Froggievilleus

Froggievilleus said:

I was wondering why I saw zero evidence of the game while at the Nintendo booth at E3. I am quite busy with Animal Crossing and there are other great titles coming soon, so as long as the game is great when it comes out, I don't mind.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Truth is I would have ignored this gane completely if it had been released this summer, so I'm fine with it.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

After the monstrosity that was Tennis Open,the longer Camelot takes on World Tour the merrier I'll be.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I think they did this just to appease all the WiiU fans who have to wait until 2014 for so many games they want - Mario Kart 8, SSB, Bayonneta 2 - and have had to sit thru so many delays already - Pikmin 3, WiiU FitU, WiiU PartyU.

It's their way of seeing - we aren't neglecting the WiiU, see it happens to 3DS games also.

Call me if Link Between Worlds gets delayed until 2014, I think most people can survive the Mario Golf delay.

KodaSmooss

KodaSmooss said:

I think they have enough strong games for the rest of the year so they delay to when the calendar is a little bit more empty.

Cesco

Cesco said:

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.
It was one of the main 3DS games I was waiting for

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm a little disappointed, but at least it's one less game I'll have to get in this already busy year. Besides, after a somewhat shallow game like Mario Tennis Open, hopefully this means that Camelot will make Mario Golf: World Tour have a more robust presentation.

flummerfelt

flummerfelt said:

Not too big of a deal, since there really are tons of games out/coming out for 3DS this year. Bummer though, since it's probably a 6+ month delay, and I was pretty hyped for this one. At least they didn't delay Pokemon!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Upset yes!! However like many have said I already got like 8 games this year and planned on plenty more so one less game will be ok! At least 2014 will be looking a little bit better for the 3ds. Other then this and Bravely Default can't think of anything else but maybe Fansasy life if that's out then.

Klimbatize

Klimbatize said:

But this was a part of the year of Luigi because, you know, Luigi is in the game. Noooooo!

3DGamerDude

3DGamerDude said:

Man, I was really looking forward to this! I hope they add the QR code function from Mario Tennis Open.

GamecubeMan

GamecubeMan said:

You know what's sad? This game already seems more interesting than the 3D Mario in development! That is, if you ask me. u_u

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

Major bummer. I'm sure it's for a good reason though. I'd much rather them take the time to perfect the product than rush it out. I'm sure we'll have enough great games to play this year though:)

RR529

RR529 said:

I was wondering why it wasn't at E3. Still, I wonder why they're giving it such a big delay (also wondering if Mario Party 3DS will be pushed back to 2014, seeing as how it was a no show as well).

TulipWaltz

TulipWaltz said:

"It's set to be the most expansive Mario Golf title to date"

How can it be without a story mode like previous titles in the series had? Unless that's the reason they're delaying it.

RADencker

RADencker said:

@rlopez1996 I agree with you 100%... a wii u version would be fantastic. Could the delay be so they can get a Wii U version up & running along side the 3DS version? Something to think about :-)

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

I was extremely angry when I heard about this. It was the one 3DS game I was going to buy this summer... I am not happy about this...

JoeysGirl

JoeysGirl said:

Nintendo had so much fun delaying Animal Crossing and now its out so they had to find something else to delay year after year.