Square Enix Will Be Livestreaming From The E3 Showfloor

Posted by Andy Green

Full schedule of titles to be announced soon

Square Enix has announced it will be livestreaming from the show floor throughout the entire three-days of E3.

The livestream, which will be aired on YouTube, is called Square Enix Presents and has been set up to bring its designated E3 booth to the poor souls who unfortunately cannot attend.

Square Enix hasn't specified which titles it will show off but said it plans to announce a full schedule soon.

The channel will offer interviews with developers, show some game demo walkthroughs and will naturally reveal more on some upcoming titles.

Akio Oofuji, marketing director at Square Enix Japan, said the following:

Square Enix will be showcasing a terrific lineup of games this E3 Expo. Square Enix Presents is a new way we can engage on a more meaningful and personal level with our community and fans and share with them the spectacle and excitement of E3.

It looks as though Square Enix has taken a leaf from Nintendo Direct - bringing gaming news directly to the fans.

What are you hoping to see from Square Enix this year? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via na.square-enix.com]

Linkmaster9

Linkmaster9 said:

I think at some point all the big companies will do what nintendo is doing with the directs instead of showing at e3.

As for what I wanna see out of this: new final fantasy and a remake of 7.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Hopefully they have some nice surprises, and a game or two for the Nintendo consoles :D I'll be getting a PS4 for the JRPG's, as is tradition.

Buduski

Buduski said:

Let me get some core Final Fantasy support for the wii u not that BS final fantasy crystal chronicles

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'm interested in seeing what titles they have in development. Perhaps we will finally see Kingdom Hearts 3. I have gone far too long without being able to play the next main entry in this series. I did enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3D for the most part though.

Spuratis

Spuratis said:

I'd like to see a new Final Fantasy Tactics for 3DS. Is that too much to ask for? I wouldn't mind a new Vagrant Story either while I'm at it. ;)

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@Linkmaster9 It's not that I don't like XBOX, I just have always gotten both Sony and Nintendo products. I love Nintendo's first party games and I love JRPG's, so those are my go to consoles. Sony has some nice exclusives too. I might do a bit of PC gaming now as well.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Can't wait.
Let's see a new Final Fantasy Tactics for 3DS + Wii U~

darkfenrir

darkfenrir said:

Final Fantasy IX remake for 3DS, very unlikely, I know, but it is the first(only) FF main series that I played, and it's awesome. Square Enix seems unlikely to ever remake it though. :( Which is a shame since I'll buy this in a heartbeat.

Denkou

Denkou said:

I'm amazed no one has said this yet. THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU 2. If they literally walk onto a stage and say "it exists; here's a trailer; here's a potential release quarter. The end." I would be more than satisfied.

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

DEUS EX! I'm really looking forward to playing it. Although I'm curious as to what other games they will announce as well.

nik1470

nik1470 said:

Deus ex release date, WiiU VC support announced and a Tomb Raider port would be nice. Oh also FFX HD for eshop

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

How about remembering that your best franchise can exist in the West?

• Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 2
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
  • Dragon Quest 7
  • Dragon Quest X
  • Something on the VC maybe?

Get on it squeenix. >:[ (Why must I say this year after year? D:)

MuscleMarch

MuscleMarch said:

Had about enough of FF and Dragon Quest...

How about some BUSHIDO BLADE? Or a sequel to the Bouncer?

Pixel-Perfect

Pixel-Perfect said:

Eh... there are a few games I'd want from them, but I'm not holding my breath as far as Wii U/3DS releases go.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

It would be cool to have a Kingdom Hearts game on the Wii U. I miss the original PS2 game. I have never owned a playstation, but I played it at a friends house.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm greatly looking forward to Final Fantasy anything on 3DS/Wii U & a date/name/info on Bravely Default: Flying Fairy :D

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

i would love to see Final Fantasy come back home to Nintendo maybe even the HD versions of FFX and X-2 on Wii U, or Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix

hey a man can dream

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

Quite a few years ago, I played Dragon Quest IV, a random selection from the various DS games as it was the first game I played in the series. What nostalgic memories I have from that game. It'll never be the same...:(

Anyway, I want Dragon Quest XI for WiiU/3DS

Bucho

Bucho said:

Kingdom Hearts 3 should be a 3DS title, that would put a 3DS system on the hands of every japanese person who doesn't have one already, also it would work perfectly to keep the art style and visuals that have been a landmark for the series, it would throw me off to see the cast on any different art style due to HD.

antonvaltaz

antonvaltaz said:

I just want their SNES RPGs on the Wii U VC... but am guessing that's not going to be their big announcement!

TooManyToasters

TooManyToasters said:

If you're not a big time follower of their franchises I doubt this year will show anything different. Most of their money is geared more toward making their usual business even bigger than announcing any surprises.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

I want these games in NA Square Enix, now get to work:

• Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 (Wii U)
  • Seiken Densetsu 3 remake (3DS or Wii U)
  • Final Fantasy V remake (3DS)
  • Final Fantasy VI remake (3DS)
  • Final Fantasy VII remake (PS3 and/or Wii U)
  • Final Fantasy VIII remake (PS3 and/or Wii U)
  • Final Fantasy IX remake (PS3 and/or Wii U)
  • Chrono Break (sequel to Trigger & Cross, PS3 and/or Wii U)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics A-3 (3DS)
  • The World Ends With U 2 (Wii U)
  • Dragon Quest VII remake (3DS)
  • Dragon Quest Rocket Slime 3 (3DS)
  • Blood of Bahamut (DS)
  • SaGa II remake (DS)
  • SaGa III remake (DS)
  • Ogre Battle IV (Wii U)
  • Dragon Quest X (Wii & Wii U)
  • A new Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (3DS and/or Wii U)
Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Meh, Square Enix lost it's bite quite some time ago - so I wouldn't be surprised if they announced another social game instead of getting back to work.
But they might be talking about Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD, as it's a pretty fresh title to be heard of from them...

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

Its sad how far this company fell last gen. Hopefully this is the 1st step in them getting it together.

I fully expect Versus/XV or whatever they're calling it now to be shown so at least they're finally giving the people what they want.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Unless the Eidos part of the company is going to be there talking up Thief, and sequels to Deus Ex and Tomb Raider, I have little interest. SE for the most part has been bad for a while now. Dragon Quest is still decent I guess but FF sucks and Kingdom Hearts is on its way down the toilet. I'd love to see this company get it together but haven't been given much reason to believe that's the case.

@Bucho
If KH 3 ever happens, I believe it should be for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U.

AJere

AJere said:

Wouldn't be awesome to see a Heroes of Ruin 2 that cross-plays between 3DS and WiiU with better graphics and less glitches. Or perhaps a new franchise by Square Enix

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

I want Heroes of Ruin 2, only this time make it longer. I also want another Theatrhythm style game.

RR529

RR529 said:

They'll probably give a mention to Bravely Default, which is coming west next year.

I hope they bring up the 3DS DQVII remake, and although unlikely, I'd be thrilled if the Chaos Rings trilogy came to 3DS.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

*Fingers crossed for a 3DS remake of FFVI and/or FFV.

I'm also curious as to whether they'll announce FFXV already.

Nomad

Nomad said:

As much as I like Crystal Chronicles, I hope that Square ports the next main entry in the Final Fantasy series to the WII U. And I would love a new Actraiser game for WII U or 3DS.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Eh, why not? I'll engage in a little guessmanship and futile hoping:

1) Announcement of next Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles for 3DS and Wii U with cross platform support
2) SE announcing to re-dig into their "vault" of of combined Square and Enix games revealing a North American release of Terranigma and Secret of Mana 2 (Seiken Densetsu 3), a 3D remake of Final Fantasy 6, A remake of Final Fantasy 7 and released for of course Vita but also 3DS, along with Virtual Console releases of Soulblazer and 7th Saga
3) Numbered FF for [insert system besides Wii U]
4) A true, new, Mana Action RPG (that's good y'know, like, Secret of Mana)

We'll there's my speculation/hopeful list. Now, time for the wait...

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

One more

5) Announcement of DQX (Wii U upgraded version) with a better online plan for Western audiences.

LindsayPez

LindsayPez said:

Release date for FFX HD, please. Please!! I've been waiting so long. I just want to know when I'll be playing it...

Neram

Neram said:

Nintendo started a trend with Nintendo Direct. But wait a minute... didn't that one CNN dude say that Nintendo is "tone deaf" to industry trends? What an idiot that guy was.