Rest Easy, Injustice: Gods Among Us DLC Will Be Hitting The Wii U This Summer

Posted by Damien McFerran

Better late than never?

Yesterday we reported that Wii U owners who had purchased Injustice: Gods Among Us were being left out of the DLC love-in currently being lapped up by PS3 and 360 players. Warner Bros. has — up to this point — been reluctant to divulge any details on when (or if) the downloadable content will be made available to Wii U owners, but thankfully that has now changed.

The official Injustice Twitter account — which has been hammered by disgruntled Wii U owners over the past day or so — has finally delivered some solid information:

So Nintendo players are going to have to wait, but at least the DLC is coming. Will this encourage you to pick up the game if you haven't already? Leave a comment to tell us.

[via twitter.com]

TOMBOY25

TOMBOY25 said:

im amazed..........a developer that cares actually about their wii u fans lets hope others realize we do want dlc.

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

Good to know I guess, but the porting process shouldn't take long. Hopefully this will send a message to other companies like Treyarch to release DLC on Wii U whether they make a slight loss on it or not. The demand is obviously out there, just look at the Miiverse community.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I figured the DLC would show up eventually. As for COD, Activision messed up big time. I'm willing to bet they released the camo DLC just to avoid false advertising. Activision won't be getting any money from me until they fix their mistakes regarding COD.

Silverbullet89

Silverbullet89 said:

I could be dead wrong here considering this is just an assumption, but the reason it could be taking longer is because of the fact that the WiiU is a newer console. Xbox and PlayStation have had their DLC system working for some time now while Nintendo literally just started when the WiiU released, and the WiiU released well after Injustice was in development. Again, this is just a speculation.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Still haven't found the game in the shops over here in Portugal... :|

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Wouldn't be the first time I had to wait at least a month and a half for dlc on a Wii U game. I'm used to it since developers are still getting used to the new system (imo) and dlc is only candles on a cake.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

I wonder if WB have to pay a percentage of what they charged to Nintendo, or transaction fee per download? If it's the latter, It would be better to sell it in a bundle. Also, they can probably make more selling it all in a lump to the diehards than offering bits and bobs to people who just want parts of it.

It seems to make more business sense to sell a bundle on a company that is quite new to online connection, let alone DLC.

smileisles

smileisles said:

AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for putting this through Injustice Team! I'm really looking forward to some new characters for this fantastic game. I know there is Lobo....who else is coming?

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

That's cool. I'm planning on picking this up over the next month or so, and it was only the lack of Wii U DLC that was making me consider one of the other versions instead.....no need to worry now.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Ok, now people with the game that were crying, buy it! Show them releasing DLC on the Wii U will be profitable.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@silverbullet
To add to that Wii U doesn't have the most convenient DLC system ever. It's so awkward that I wouldn't be surprised devs are scared that the not-big-enough-yet fanbase will just ignore it.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

What form of Zod is coming? The one that's been in the Superman movies and Smallville series or the Russian version I sometimes hear about?

Don't read to many comics unfortunately. :(

skjia

skjia said:

It still irks me that a fighting game has no unlockable characters and you have to pay for more characters. Does anyone know if it actually adds anything to the game or is it just a new fighter and a couple unlockables?

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Well, now I can buy the Wii U version with some piece of mind, then. I hope they keep their word.

BATRA

BATRA said:

wii u needs a patch for online mode
and combs do not work right in game they are not connecting in the game and star labs needs too be fix

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

SWEET! guitar solo

I am very happy now. But I hope by summer they mean late June, because I've got other games to play in July (Game and Wario, and Pikmin 3) and will likely stop playing Injustice.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

Online Patch is coming, and tbh its nice having a gap before the dlc arrives.
Gives you pleny of time to play with several charactersm kearning thier moves etc, then just as you start to think you've had enough, new content to revive your interest.
Much better then getting dlc at launch, and shortly afterwards when its not needed because your interest doesn't need reviving.

AltDotNerd

AltDotNerd said:

Why wasn't there Wii U DLC in the first place? There shouldn't be any reason why they would skip the Wii U. I own both the Wii U version and the Xbox version of Injustice, and I plan on getting the DLC for both.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

As MK didn't come put for Wii U and I haven't touched by 360 for months (so there's no point for me buying the finally released Aussie version), I might pick this up as well as Scorpion DLC.

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

Been playing INJUSTICE since it dropped and am overjoyed that this DLC BS has finally been cleared up. Gimme that Batgirl!

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

Glad that it's coming. Maybe I will get the game then when there is proof that it is going to be supported properly.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

@SCAR392 With Call of Duty the DLC is a lot more complex. Think about it, the user base for the Wii U let alone the Black Ops community is in its infancy. At most I've only ever seen around 4000+ users online.
Now if you bring out DLC for the Wii U version some would buy it, but then I'm sure that there will be quite a large percentage that don't (10,20 or even 30%).

That will unnecessarily divide the community and it will make the match finding process even more difficult, you'll also be less likely to play some of the more common gameplay modes too. I'm sure Activision have considered this greatly which is why there's been no official statement regarding DLC for the Wii U.

Salnax

Salnax said:

If we can get some sort of bundle for $15 including at least four new characters and new skins, it would be worth the wait. Or even better, if all eight suspected characters are released by then, give us ALL the DLC for $25 or $30. That way, they'd still be making almost $100 per copy sold and still buy some good will from Wii U owners.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

late is a excuse they should try to have things on time like the other console cuz it makes wii u look bad D:<

Znerd

Znerd said:

Cool i am so glad that WII U is getting some love from someone that isnt ubisoft

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

Pretty sure it the lack of eStore compatability with Season Passes, and waiting for all characters to be released on other platforms so a cheaper bundle can be offered on WiiU is the cause of the delay. At least we'll know for sure soon(ish).
Nintendo are still in 'work-in-progress' mode with eshop, and Nintendo Network come to that but hope they get eStore to accept direct communications from games, thus bringing the eStore compatable with Season Passes pretty soon.. like Summer Update time.

If eStore accepted Season Pass pretty sure most games would have dlc support, season passes are the prefered way to entice people to buy dlc by publishers. However Just wondering would the lack of game to eStore communication which stops Season Pass compatability be the reason why WiiU games don't have online passes, if so a negative for gamers but a more 3rd party freindly system(discouraging 2nd hand sales). If estore got season pass compatability chances are Online Pass codes would also find thier way to WiiU.

Formeerabbit

Formeerabbit said:

@Salnax i agree with you.... Wii need some sort of bundle for giving this to us so late.....also looking at your picture i imagined a DLC pony and made me happy. no, im not a fan, not even hater.... but i could fight a pony up till it cant fightt no more lol sorry