Watch_Dogs Stalking Onto U.S. Wii U Consoles on 19th November, Europe on 21st November

Posted by Damien McFerran

New trailer and details of four different special editions released

Ubisoft has confirmed that Watch_Dogs will launch in the U.S. on 19th November, Europe on 21st November and in the UK on 22nd November.

In terms of UK retail offerings, meanwhile, the game will be available in four (count 'em) different editions: Dedsec (UK exclusive), Vigilante (exclusive to GAME in the UK and GameStop in Ireland), UPlay Exclusive (only available from Ubisoft's UPlay site) and the Special edition (exclusive to GAME in the UK). All of these editions come with bonus content, both physical and digital.

Ubisoft has also released a new gameplay trailer, which you can view below. All we can say is: Wowzer.

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

I hope the US gets some special editions (which I imagine will happen if Ubisoft likes money); I'll need some actual gameplay previews, but this is the type of game that if it's worth getting immediately, it will be worth getting more than just the basic game. Otherwise I can wait until it's cheaper, or I can borrow it from a friend, or my backlog is too long and I just don't care anymore...

Lan

Lan said:

Don't know whether to get this on PC or Wii U. Comfortable playing or eye candy...

3DS

3DS said:

But...I...Ubisoft, don't make me choose a version! Give me everything in one huge ass package, I don't care about the price, just give me it all!

mch

mch said:

I´ll definitely get it on WiiU. This is so made for the Gamepad!

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

@Lan Wii U. I've heard horror stories of Ubisoft DRM on PC. And this might be the top game that needs to sell as much as reasonably possible on Wii U when it comes out that I'm not entirely certain will.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

Wonder if it'll be the UPlay edition that ends up on eStore? Unless one lf these editions apear on eStore thats little point in downloading from eStore.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Watch_Dogs looks really cool, and I'll likely get it for Wii U if I purchase it, but I want to know for sure that it doesn't start to get repetitive after 5 hours like some of these open world games like to do. I'll be checking out multiple reviews before I get this game just to make sure. I kind of feel that way with The Last of Us as well, but I have a little more faith in Naughty Dog, and I didn't even play any of the Uncharted series.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Can't help but think Rorschach and Watchmen when I'm watching that. Especially his last comment which sounded thematically like - "I'm not locked in here with you, your locked in here with me."

Somewhat related topic - now that Nintendo has a console that can run a game that looks like that I hope Link and Zelda get the game engine they so rightfully deserve. Not that I want Link in a city but I want him in a living breathing world, not a cartoon or a water color impressionistic painting. Time for Peter Pan to become Robin Hood, only better.

PopeReal

PopeReal said:

Hacking would seem to work better using the gamepad. I guess we will find out. Also, is this a sort of open world game or not? Just wondering.

EDIT: Oh someone up above said it is open world so I guess that answers my question. :)

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

@Lan Hmm.. This does seem like a hard decision.

But seriously, Ubisoft needs to get the PC textures and other graphics enhancements to the WiiU like Criterion's Most Wanted.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Zup

Zup said:

Anyone else notice how they put Wii U in the same generation as PS3 and X-Box.

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

Ubi, can we have some gameplay in our gameplay trailers, please?

I'm yet to be convinced this game will be something other than a lot of prescripted scenes with hours of aimless wandering around in between. I hope not as the game looks and sounds amazing, but little else of the game is blowing my skirts up.

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

@Frapp Considering my past experience with Ubisoft Montreal games, this shouldn't be too scripted. Not anymore than 99% of video games at least.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm looking forward to watching a Wii U specific trailer. I want to see how the gamepad is incorporated into the gameplay, its definitely got potential to be awesome :)

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

You know you have an awesome game on your hands when the gameplay videos blow everyone away, but when you tie it all into a trailer it just looks like a boring old action game or movie. Usually it's the opposite; the trailer tricks you into thinking it's awesome and it turns out to be not nearly as exciting.

Zup

Zup said:

@astroshamu no, actually i was referring to how at the end, the wii u version is placed next to the PS3 and X-Box and underneath it says (*also coming to next generation consoles.)

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Epic trailer, bit too much action but I guess that's the trailers job, catch your attention. Can't wait for this game!

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

just give me some wii u gameplay already want to see how much different this is gonna look to the ps4 version

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

@mch couldnt agree more! but im still having trouble deciding on which console to get it ugh! >.< what idk is if there is going to be big differences in controls or i would so preorder now that we have a release date D=

but this seems like a modern Assassins creed game :D

banacheck

banacheck said:

PinkSpider

Senior producer Dominic Guay said the PS4 pushes all aspects of the game further.

I'll be buying the PS4 version, it's still the same game just with better graphics, AI, detail as it's a open world game etc. Also there is Exclusive Content for PS3 Version, it'll probably be on the PS4 version also.

Triforce83

Triforce83 said:

Do we know of that footage is from the Wii U version or is it the PS4 version Ubi has been showing off since the begining? Because I've never seem footage for any other version yet and don't reallu want to be too disappointed as would love this on Wii U.

Triforce83

Triforce83 said:

I thought as much, bit of a pity, would be nice to see some comparison videos or shots.

adslife80

adslife80 said:

@Dr_42o
@Zup
where has it said it was definately PS4 videos shown? it might be PC which will be the best graphics and AI wise I would imagine. on the trailer above it also lists all the consoles in no preferential order and mixed generations . the actual list as in the trailer reads - XBOX360 XBOX LIVE PS4 PS3 WII U PC so no particular order there and it states ALSO COMING TO CURRENT GEN consoles. some on here have said it states next gen.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@Zup
Actually the way I see it is they say also coming to CURRENT generation consoles. This is Ubisoft stating that the Wii U is current gen and that more current gen consoles will feature this game. Everything else on relsease is previous gen.