Wayforward Teases Mighty Switch Force Sequel, We Think

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Looking a bit apocalyptic

Wayforward Technologies recently confirmed a Mighty Switch Force sequel for 3DS, stating that it's due to arrive in the first or second quarter of this year; that's, well, any time in the next few months. Not long to wait, in that case, and the studio has taken to Twitter to tease what appears to be a screen from this title.

As a tweeted hint it's slightly vague but, at the same time, quite intriguing.

Could this be called Mighty Switch Up, and what could the puzzle-platforming variation be this time around? We suspect this is the 3DS sequel, as the background environment fits — albeit with an apocalyptic look — and Wayforward recently stated that Patricia Wagon would feature, but with a different task this time around. Perhaps she's rescuing lost and abandoned babies, like the one looking rather worried in that image.

Either way, it's looking pretty good. Feel free to speculate wildly about what it all means in the comments below.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Mighty Switch Force! is still my favourite eShop game for both the 3DS and Wii U, so this is quite exciting.
Can't wait to see gameplay for it.

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

Wayforward knows how to make cool games, so this sure seems exciting to me.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

I'm guessing the world's suffering an apocolypse and Patricia has to bring the babies to safety from the people/things that caused this.

TheEmerlLad

TheEmerlLad said:

I care little for the story, it's bound to be impressive. What I'm really looking for is the Music! It's what brought me and my gf so much closer! Love you Love you Love baby! Also the hyper drive edition.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I still haven't even played the original Mighty Switch Force yet. I hear it's pretty short so I am not too eager to play it unless I have some extra money lying around.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

I bet that the baby caused these apocalyptic fires ( because we all know babies are arsonists deep down inside), and you got to find him and give him a time out in the corner.

NImH

NImH said:

@Dpullam you are truly missing out on a great game.It's the furthest thing from shovelware.
I'm hyped! I love Wayforward and will most definitely cop this once it's released!
On a seperate note: I'd love to see some Wayforward crossovers.

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

Has anybody seen any images teased of half-genies, that had a low pixel count and looked about 11 years old?

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

@NImH Interesting. Perhaps I should reconsider my stance on this game. It does look interesting after all.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Yay, more sprites! Because really, the 3DS is really starting to feel like a mini gamecube with with everything practically being 3D polygons. I'm really missing the dozens of sprite based titles that were unleashed on the DS. NSMB.2 would of looked a lot better had they used detailed sprites & backgrounds instead of the same boring rehashed dribble they gave us. :p

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I felt duped by the reviews of The Mighty Switch Force. It was a fun game and wasn't offensive but it got amazing scores, way beyond what the game actually is.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I like trying to beat the par scores in Hyperdrive and the artstyle is neat but they got to cut back on the fanservice, everything is in underwear 8 /

Rod64

Rod64 said:

"...like the one looking rather worried in that image" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P

Royalblues

Royalblues said:

WayForward is a non-failing 3DS game-making machine from baddonkey-land. All of their Mighty games are a-freaking-mazing. I want a sequel to Mighty Flip Champs.
Looks like she might be a fire fighter this time around. I just hope that the levels are longer, and the mechanic of switching the blocks between foreground and background remain in this sequel, with some added feature.