Punch Out!! Available To Download on Wii U Now in North America

Posted by Andy Green

Not picked up F-Zero yet? Hurry!

It feels like it was only yesterday when Nintendo announced it would be offering seven classic NES and SNES titles for the budget price of just 30c/30p as part of its celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Famicom.

Since then we've had Balloon Fight and F-Zero made available for pennies, and now that time has ticked over to the 20th March, the third game has been put up for download.

Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream is now available to pick up from the Wii U eShop in North America for a mere 30c - an absolute steal for the NES classic.

This of course means that F-Zero will soon be out for the count - it'll jump up to its regular price from the 22nd March, so if you haven't downloaded it yet we would strongly recommend you do it quickly.

It'll arrive in the European eShop along with the standard download update on Thursday.

Have you already downloaded Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream? What are your thoughts on it? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I already have this on my 3DS, but if I had a Wii U, I would buy it for 30 cents.

cheetahman91

cheetahman91 said:

Best game offered so far. Anybody who doesn't have it yet really needs to get it if they have a Wii U. One of the all-time classics.

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Punch-Out!! is one of my favorite games. Anyone who directs anger to this game just because Nintendo swapped Earthbound in Japan for this in America is misguided. For 30 cents, Punch-Out!! is a steal.

Tertis

Tertis said:

I'd gladly take Yoshi out of the campaign for Earthbound, as I'm sure all of us would. Punch-Out is probably my favorite on the list, along with Kirby.

iphys

iphys said:

The first thing I did today was download this game and play it for an hour. It's pretty sweet being able to play it on the Gamepad, and it looks great — took me a bit to get used to where to reach for the Start button though. Now I want a new Punch-Out!! game for 3DS to play it in 3D though.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

Even though I've played this multiple times (and I believe I have it on the Wii VC as well), I just had to go for this. At 30 cents, it really is a good deal.

KillerGBH

KillerGBH said:

best virtual console game on wii U at moment ^^ and for 30 pennies cant miss that :D

Mariomast3r

Mariomast3r said:

I still think this should be the Mike Tyson version. Nintendo should throw him a bone, the fact is he was a great fighter who just fell into trouble but he deserves to be forgiven.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Bought it earlier today, but I left the MH3 demo downloading first so it hasnt even started downloading. And I'm yet to go through the final cup of F-Zero on beginner (I left the game aside for a while)

Expa0

Expa0 said:

The NES Punch-Out has aged pretty badly imho. I like the Snes and Wii Punch-Outs a lot more.

HardToBe

HardToBe said:

I think this game proved to me that there is a slight lag on the gamepad. I don't lose to freaking Soda Popinski dang it.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Downloaded it! Liking the solid gameplay so far, even though I'm terrible at the Punch-Out games. :p

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

It was bad enough when the Earthbound Enthusiasts directed their anger/spam on Balloon Fight, but oh boy, they better leave my little Mac alone. Not all of them are bad, but some of them just go absolutely nuts :/

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Bought F-Zero yesterday, and just picked this up. There's no reason not to. I'll probably get Super Metroid and Kirby when they come out.

stipey

stipey said:

Don't the 30c games run out, after which time you can buy them for a slightly discounted price? that's the sense i got after the nintendo direct where they announced them...

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I'll get it since its only 30¢, but i'd rather have EarthBound like japan. It'd be nice to finally be able to play EB again without resorting to using pirated ROMs. Hopefully ninty will wise up and remake all three mother games on 3DS one day.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

I played EB, but there are plenty of other rpgs that I enjoyed a whole lot more, including every pokemon game and 100s of western rpgs. Personally, I am glad we are getting all these other games instead, but maybe they should add Earthbound at the end for 30c anyway.

Rerun

Rerun said:

I hear you about Mike Tyson. As long as he doesn't do anything crazy like demand for royalties for every copy sold. Hmmm . . .

Wildfire

Wildfire said:

I'll be downloading Punch Out today but what I'm really anticipating is Super Metroid!

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Nice! What a great choice!
For me, yeah, I'd rather have some other games then some of the ones they chose, but I feel I can't complain too much. I've never seen them to such a cheap sale before on anything.
If I could vote another one in the list though, I would put in any of the Zelda games. Not sure why non made it on the list.

oOo-Sega-oOo

oOo-Sega-oOo said:

Looking forward to downloading this game later on tonight when I get back home from work. Will be the first time i've ever played the game Punch Out. Seems a lot of people hold it in high regards.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Hmmm.... one of my favorite games (obviously, given my handle), yet I kind of feel silly buying it when I have the original Mike Tyson's NES cart sitting right over here and bought the Wii VC version already.

Then again: Just found two dimes, a nickel and five pennies on my desk. Okay fine. Can't wait for to see some stellar Miiverse illustrations...

Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger said:

So when does the full fledged virtual console store come into effect? Soon? Like spring? Isn't it spring yet? MUUUUUHHHHHHHAAAAAA

delt75

delt75 said:

@Mariomast3r I totally agree. Enough time has past, and if the world has pretty much forgiven him, I think it's time for Nintendo to re-issue the original.